You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

so i got this devonshire cruiser

70 comments in this topic

Players
382 posts

i spent 20 of those tokens that change from patch to patch. Does everyone get it in the ingame bundle or i was just lucky ? Wonder if i can take its engine down and put it on Henri

Players
1,621 posts

I am not sure any One wants it..........

:Smile_ohmy:

At least the Italian Stallions have rolling smoke. 

Got out of a 1000 Doubloons random package.   :Smile_sceptic:

image.thumb.png.8000140c88a5dc83ccc9ccaffc41d27f.png

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

Devonshire was first bundle both doubloon and token, so i get her at the very beginning. Luck? Don't think so, you can feel lucky if u manage to get tier 8 from token bundles.

Also you can't transfer any part from one ship to another.

[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts

I got a Devonshire too from the token box drops. 

As a freebie, its ok and a nice start on the RN HC line. As a ship? ummmm.

• Cool 1

Players
1,633 posts
18,230 battles

She looks good and I can get some satisfying damage scores, he'll as long as I keep dodging portental damage soon racks up, but my win rate in her is appalling as I struggle to make any meaning full impact with her, at best your an annoyance and have to play quite selfishly.

So I'm now using her only for operations, she's great in Killer Whale.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
370 posts
26,926 battles

She has best stats of tier 6 CA (except Graf) although it’s still very early days and the sample size is very small. I started badly with her but last few games she’s coming good. The guns are excellent.

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles
26 minutes ago, Shagulon said:

She has best stats of tier 6 CA (except Graf) although it’s still very early days and the sample size is very small. I started badly with her but last few games she’s coming good. The guns are excellent.

It seems strong for a tier 6 cruiser. Although, it might be the right spot it. So far I've enjoyed it. Haven't gotten the tier 7 yet.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,839 posts
15,844 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Haven't gotten the tier 7 yet.

Not many people have, only seeing 7k games in Surrey and I've not seen many about at all. I suspect she is the new "old Pensacola" - a bit of a glass cannon.

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Not many people have, only seeing 7k games in Surrey and I've not seen many about at all. I suspect she is the new "old Pensacola" - a bit of a glass cannon.

Really? I get the feeling these ships are quite tanky and tough to sink. More of a short time, island brawlers type of ships.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,839 posts
15,844 battles
Just now, loppantorkel said:

Really? I get the feeling these ships are quite tanky and tough to sink. More of a short time, island brawlers type of ships.

Well, I'm still waiting to see one! But based on the actual design, Surrey was meant to be slower than the original County class, with speed traded for a bit more armour (although still not much). Does she have the same heal as the VIII? That can help you out a great deal with citadel damage, without that she'd be a proper glass cannon.

• Cool 1

Players
1,621 posts
8 hours ago, Keijo_Kalmakoura said:

Sounds like mostly user errors aka stop showing your sides and guns are fine!

@Keijo_KalmakouraI do not know if you have this ship Sir? 

IMHO, The ship is weak, it is unbalanced in a bad way and I think this " Active Armour " ( or what ever its called ) is broken. I can not see a use for it in the game, I will be playing with it a lot more to expose if it is MY error or if the idea is rubbish!

So far I am " NOT IMPRESSED, I am sure it will all come to light soon.

Right now I think if a player wishes to play a Cruiser, there better off with an Italian Cruiser.

Work in progress.  

Players
557 posts
3,494 battles

I picked it for 1k doubloons but I got the doubloons from some container or God knows where, for free in other words so I effectively got the Devonshire for free really since I didn't have to open my wallet for it.

16 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

@Keijo_KalmakouraI do not know if you have this ship Sir? 

IMHO, The ship is weak, it is unbalanced in a bad way and I think this " Active Armour " ( or what ever its called ) is broken. I can not see a use for it in the game, I will be playing with it a lot more to expose if it is MY error or if the idea is rubbish!

So far I am " NOT IMPRESSED, I am sure it will all come to light soon.

Right now I think if a player wishes to play a Cruiser, there better off with an Italian Cruiser.

Work in progress.  

Ya I think the idea is that she should attack periodically to bring her unique BB like Repair Party in play at least this is how I found her to be somewhat useful. The guns are rather short on range and shell velocity so she does seem to have to pick her moments in which to attack and I found her somewhat workable vs DD's and similar low RoF style cruisers and even getting in some HE volleys on distracted enemy BB's since here 203mm are pretty good at starting fires on BB's but really good at breaking stuff on all ships so it's useful for critical hits. 

She's pretty slow and more BB like to play which was ok for me since I already had the Warspite and would be of the opinion a commander with a BB skill set build would be more beneficial for this big slow girl that's hard to move and easy to hit than say a fast low concealment light cruiser sort of setup. So I too find the guns pretty poor and the ship to slow and cumbersome to be much for at least for my style of play that would much prefer the likes of a Budyonny and La Gallison but if you can "trade" with her she's an interesting semi-DD sort of playstyle I suppose. Deal some damage against choice targets, expect to take plenty of damage but stay to locations where you can then take cover and use your unique Repair Party feature to heal yourself mostly back up again so that you are effectively making positive trades... even though you initially didn't!! I think that's how she's supposed to be played and how it's she's balanced. If you had great armor, good guns AND the ability to heal yourself too... that would be OP probably since you would just have a ship that can go around shredding other ships and healing yourself after each engagement... that's wouldn't really be fair would it, she'd have the advantages of a cruiser AND a BB all in one package, so I guess rightfully something has to balance it. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,621 posts

@Keijo_Kalmakoura

Notser is recommending sit back in her, with a gun range of 12.7 km and little armour I am not sure " where you sit back in her "

I am working on a survive build, involving fire protection as I am finding I can not use all the heals before the ship dies, from memory ( lost the report on new log in ) I got 1 shot from a Dallas which is a " little worrying " 

Anyways I am playing with it to-day

Nice looking boat though.... :Smile_glasses:

Playing this build right now:-

image.thumb.png.c8c5de2fd266fe1256a07533efce4d14.png

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles
23 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Sorry to say, but I think they actually might nerf it slightly. It seems a bit too tanky at tier 6.

Players
1,621 posts
10 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Sorry to say, but I think they actually might nerf it slightly. It seems a bit too tanky at tier 6.

What?

It must be me then....

TO_DAY:

Game 1:  

image.png.5d88284ac2d07042176c5bf7d3ff5a16.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles

I counter your 2 pics with 3 pics as counterproof

shot-20_02_02_13_03.44-0818.thumb.jpg.d5d473ea1271596d05e18d663cbf9f82.jpgshot-20_02_02_13_06.25-0163.thumb.jpg.97f2e246e3d2f45cc7e2b61fe35c8be5.jpgshot-20_02_02_13_11.08-0444.thumb.jpg.22afa2bc6680f52485c3ea1a4dfadbc9.jpg

By the way... did you tank over 700k potential in 3 minutes in a tier 6 cruiser?

• Cool 2

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,153 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Barracuda_111 sagte:

@Keijo_Kalmakoura

Notser is recommending sit back in her, with a gun range of 12.7 km and little armour I am not sure " where you sit back in her "

I am working on a survive build, involving fire protection as I am finding I can not use all the heals before the ship dies, from memory ( lost the report on new log in ) I got 1 shot from a Dallas which is a " little worrying " 

Anyways I am playing with it to-day

Playing this build right now:-

image.thumb.png.c8c5de2fd266fe1256a07533efce4d14.png

12.7km?

You may have forgotten to equip the range upgrade

the upgrades are automatically unlocked but not equipped

14km of range isn't exactly good either but it is much better than 12.7

Players
1,621 posts
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I counter your 2 pics with 3 pics as counterproof

shot-20_02_02_13_03.44-0818.thumb.jpg.d5d473ea1271596d05e18d663cbf9f82.jpgshot-20_02_02_13_06.25-0163.thumb.jpg.97f2e246e3d2f45cc7e2b61fe35c8be5.jpgshot-20_02_02_13_11.08-0444.thumb.jpg.22afa2bc6680f52485c3ea1a4dfadbc9.jpg

By the way... did you tank over 700k potential in 3 minutes in a tier 6 cruiser?

I didnt get chance to play My Friend, before I was " Blabbed "

To be honest I am done with the British heavy cruiser line, I feel I am wasting my time on them. 

There " NOT FOR ME "