You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
A_useless_noob

Ghost ships

15 comments in this topic

Players
95 posts
7,608 battles

We've all heard about torps from nowhere/dead ships,  and dismissed them as the player being mistaken.

Now here's a new one, 2 cruisers and a destroyer, moving up the left side of the map.  An enemy destroyer is spotted and we all fire into it's smoke, sinking it.

We move past a island and sink a cruiser after he fired torps, which i evaded. we then sink another cruiser, before he's able to turn and torp.

We then cap, and move towards the center of the map. we spot a destroyer, and I turn my guns towards it as my teamate in the destroyer launched his torps at it.

Then it disappeared and the torps passed through were it was, and hit an island.

One hell of a server glitch.  Or is it.

Note the enemy team only had 1 destroyer, and we sank that.

Players
95 posts
7,608 battles
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

replay

I wish I had, But I don't tend to record battles, And I didn't know this was going to happen. 

[-TPF-]
Players
3,824 posts
15,716 battles
3 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

I wish I had, But I don't tend to record battles, And I didn't know this was going to happen. 

Happens by default, old chap. Do you know where to find the files?

Players
33 posts
9,324 battles

Or for those who installed WoWS via Steam:-

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/World of Warships/replays

[I-J-N]
Players
4,120 posts
15 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

Just watched it with wows exe.  no ship there mate still launches torps. fkin weird.

I've seen torpedoes pass through an island and hit me. Close range, so I made no mistake there. They did come right thru the island.

Players
382 posts
7,800 battles
2 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I've seen torpedoes pass through an island and hit me. Close range, so I made no mistake there. They did come right thru the island.

I forget which map and which island had this bug.   But it exists.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,120 posts
13 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I forget which map and which island had this bug.   But it exists.

Me too, but I'm sort of sure it was the Tears of the Desert map where this happened, the SE-most island in that string of islands off map center.

Players
382 posts
7,800 battles
16 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Me too, but I'm sort of sure it was the Tears of the Desert map where this happened, the SE-most island in that string of islands off map center.

Hmm...I guess I could fire up a  training map and systematically launch torps into island lol