Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sargento_YO

Many cvs and yet, can't find any.

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles

This a rant to vent a frustrating thing that happened to me too many times.
I have an AA spec Kirov (which I spect from the CV RTS era, aka, pre massive nerf), a ship I have alot of fun to play with. Back in the RTS era had (in my opinion) the strongest AA from all tier V cruisers. Post nerf, I found out it has a rather decent aa and I have fun shooting down planes (you know... Protecting the team from the enemy CV).

So, a couple of times I find such queues:
shot-20_01.17_18_10.06-0438.thumb.jpg.4a797d4d071557d8180977008e7cdfe3.jpg

 

Only to end in battles with no CVS at all!!

 

shot-20_01.17_18_10.45-0971.thumb.jpg.f721f35426390485be356f9f68d2574e.jpg

 

There are lots of complains (specially in low tiers) that ships are helpless against cvs because they have little to no AA. But me, a player which spect for AA... and actively looks to fight against cvs, can't find any.
And I'm pretty sure those who suffers from enemy cvs would welcome such a player like me.
I even brought a Yubari for this, but after the rework Yubari´s aa it's a piece of crap.

Btw, no, playing in a division it's not an option for me (I'm not used to teamwork like that... unless I'm wasted in beer)

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,849 posts
11,562 battles
6 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Btw, no, playing in a division it's not an option for me (I'm not used to teamwork like that... unless I'm wasted in beer)

Why are you assuming division equals teamwork?:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Why are you assuming division equals teamwork?:cap_hmm:

Faith I guess?
However... Thank god I'm atheist.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,779 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Why are you assuming division equals teamwork?:cap_hmm:

Us two must be the only solowarriors here lol, or at least i was untill uni and stressful games said otherwise.

 

I wonder if pantsy ever played this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
2,095 posts
21,129 battles
3 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

This a rant to vent a frustrating thing that happened to me too many times.
I have an AA spec Kirov (which I spect from the CV RTS era, aka, pre massive nerf), a ship I have alot of fun to play with. Back in the RTS era had (in my opinion) the strongest AA from all tier V cruisers. Post nerf, I found out it has a rather decent aa and I have fun shooting down planes (you know... Protecting the team from the enemy CV).

So, a couple of times I find such queues:
 

Only to end in battles with no CVS at all!!

You came into a tier 7 battle while all 18 CVs in queue were Hoshos. Spec your Bogatyr for AA or hope for top tier battles with Kirov. Or bring a Hosho div mate. :fish_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,005 posts
13,049 battles

Play with anyone in t4 cv, no need for teamwork, just go dakka dakka:cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,786 posts
7,339 battles
5 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

This a rant to vent a frustrating thing that happened to me too many times.
I have an AA spec Kirov (which I spect from the CV RTS era, aka, pre massive nerf), a ship I have alot of fun to play with. Back in the RTS era had (in my opinion) the strongest AA from all tier V cruisers. Post nerf, I found out it has a rather decent aa and I have fun shooting down planes (you know... Protecting the team from the enemy CV).

So, a couple of times I find such queues:
 

Only to end in battles with no CVS at all!!

Well... OK... but... just do not tell yourself you have decent AA-->  just that CVs at that tier have no ff-ing idea.

I can still do more damage in Hermes than one of those in Hosho... even if they did get double torps and Hermes did not.

I did a few games a month or so back, I could outdamage them almost twice. Yes, I took a shower. Two. :Smile_hiding:

 

5 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

There are lots of complains (specially in low tiers) that ships are helpless against cvs because they have little to no AA. But me, a player which spect for AA... and actively looks to fight against cvs, can't find any.
And I'm pretty sure those who suffers from enemy cvs would welcome such a player like me.
I even brought a Yubari for this, but after the rework Yubari´s aa it's a piece of crap.

I like Kuma with a 19pt captain and IFHE...:Smile_trollface:

 

5 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Btw, no, playing in a division it's not an option for me (I'm not used to teamwork like that... unless I'm wasted in beer)

This is WG MM... same as you get REALLY FF-ed UP teams when you hit that "naval battle" thing.

Once you turn it off, everything returns to normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,035 battles
6 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I have an AA spec Kirov

"Kirov" and "AA spec" contradict each other

Speechless Stick Guy 20072019104458.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,101 battles
13 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

"Kirov" and "AA spec" contradict each other

Speechless Stick Guy 20072019104458.jpg

Kirov has T6 level of AA and can be strong against T6 carriers, let alone T4. Not undroppable, but will make CVs pay a price every time they take a piece of your hp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,035 battles
31 minutes ago, novents said:

Kirov has T6 level of AA and can be strong against T6 carriers, let alone T4. Not undroppable, but will make CVs pay a price every time they take a piece of your hp

I would say this about HuangHe not Kirov. Molotov has better AA than Kirov yet I don't see it any danger to my Ark Royal planes. On Hosho I attack Kirov with zero problem. Emile Bertin is more of a problem there. Or Exeter. But not Kirov that is a long brick - eats torps with no problem too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRID]
Players
248 posts
4,909 battles
6 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

However... Thank god I'm atheist.

Sorry to be a pedant...but you can't thank God if you're an atheist.

 

Douglas Adams level of writing that is.

 

Actively looking to use AA at all in this game anymore is...questionable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
8 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Actively looking to use AA at all in this game anymore is...questionable

Dont mind him, WG removed his favorite ship, he is trolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,620 posts
18,185 battles

Largely a good example of Murphy's law in action, you take a ship hoping for a CV in a CV heavy queue and you won't get them, take a ship with no AA but the queue that says no CVs waiting your guranteed to get in CV match. 

 

Honestly im surprised the Kirov would be your ship of choice, admittedly it's been ages since I last played her but I don't remember her being anything that special in terms of AA. Also she's a rather long ship I would have expected her to be vulnerable to torped strikes. Still I could easily be wrong like I said it's been quite some time since I played her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles
9 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Sorry to be a pedant...but you can't thank God if you're an atheist.

 

It was a joke, obviously thats a funny contradiction

About using the Kirov. In the RTS era it had a very strong AA, up to 7,2 thanks to the 6 - 100 mm aa cannons which greatly benefitted from the priority aa target skill. Remember that I used to play a fully AA spec Zuiho as well. (And I was pretty good at it, also tons of fun)
After the rework I didn't changed his skills. Anyhow I still find his AA useful to protect others ships thanks to his 4 puff smoke aa (with the aa guns modification).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×