Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VallhallNOP

Economy - How to get it?

33 comments in this topic

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,417 battles

I was reading the post by mementomori, and didnt want to highjack his post, so made a new. I know its hard to make credits without flags and premium etc. in tier 10, but what is the "golden tier" for credits? I am constantly in need, probably cause i dont grind one specific line, but kind of all of them at once (yeah i know its ineffective, but i get bored quite easily😂).

Any tips?

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles

Play the Narai Op at T7 with a premium BB preferably and you will make credits. In fact all the Operations are good ways to earn credits.

Another tip I was given by a clan mate, when you start a WoWS session just take out your three favourite premium boats 1 battle each. You will find you start to build credits.

And finally play CB if you can, A win will earn lots of credits for you all.

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,008 battles
18 minutes ago, VallhallNOP said:

I was reading the post by mementomori, and didnt want to highjack his post, so made a new. I know its hard to make credits without flags and premium etc. in tier 10 [...]

The post by @MementoMori_6030 “maybe my memory deceives me, but was it always that hard to earn credits at T10”

this is literally the same question 😂 no hijacking

is it so hard to continue the discussion in an existing thread without creating your own very special place? If anything, it allows others to respond to a question once instead of twice in two different places 

and yes - premium account, T8 premium ship. Maybe some flags and camos. Prints credits for days

[-AP-]
Players
2,486 posts
6,063 battles

tier 8-10 premiums with a couple of signals flags and premium account. Doing more damage is the most important thing though

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles

Lower the tiers, the less "service cost" it incurs from leaving the port (to battle).

Cruisers, to destroyers have more consumables than battleships.  So they will cost more to play (if you use Premium consumables). 

Carriers have the highest (tier for tier) cost of initial "service cost" right off the start.  Something to keep in mind.

The median sweet spot is a myth.  Since, what varies is your performance per battle.  There isn't a constant.  

If you have any Premium ships (with permanent camo; which gives you a discount of X amount of credit), those would be a good starting options.

Personally, I used to run tier 7 Premium ships.  Sims, being my previous primary credit earner (I had no Premium ships).  Now that I have more Premium ships (with permanent camo), I cycle them through to not get bored.  

Other options are to play Operations.  Of course, the result of the round would determine the credit worthiness even more than a loss.

[CATS]
Players
26,056 posts
14,083 battles
15 minutes ago, VallhallNOP said:

I was reading the post by mementomori, and didnt want to highjack his post, so made a new. I know its hard to make credits without flags and premium etc. in tier 10, but what is the "golden tier" for credits? I am constantly in need, probably cause i dont grind one specific line, but kind of all of them at once (yeah i know its ineffective, but i get bored quite easily😂).

Any tips?

Depends on your options.

• Free 2 Play: silver Tier VII with signals and earned camos
  • Free 2 Play + Free Premium Tier V+ ship: Play that with the above
  • Premium time: Tier VIII with signals and earned camos
  • Otherwise: Play the highest Tier premium ship you own with economy signals

If you cannot play well on a Tier, you have to go down a Tier.

• Cool 1

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,417 battles
11 minutes ago, novents said:

The post by @MementoMori_6030 “maybe my memory deceives me, but was it always that hard to earn credits at T10”

this is literally the same question 😂 no hijacking

is it so hard to continue the discussion in an existing thread without creating your own very special place? If anything, it allows others to respond to a question once instead of twice in two different places 

and yes - premium account, T8 premium ship. Maybe some flags and camos. Prints credits for days

yeah i kind of realized that 2 seconds after posting🙈 Sorry!

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,997 posts
6,394 battles

The best way to get credits would be Missouri + all available credit flags.

If you don't have her, I'd recommend any other premium ship on T8 or T9 (T9 premiums should be a bit better than T8).

If you don't have high tier premium ships, T10 + permanent camouflage and credit signals is also quite good to farm credits.

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,417 battles
7 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

If you don't have her, I'd recommend any other premium ship on T8 or T9 (T9 premiums should be a bit better than T8).

If you don't have high tier premium ships, T10 + permanent camouflage and credit signals is also quite good to farm credits.

Have the Tirpitz, mainly because i live 10 mins from where it is resting on the seabed, so kind of interested in the history part, but i have noticed its a nice creditmaker, but do the extra earning in tier10 with the same modifiers make up for the extra service cost?

[SM0KE]
Players
5,411 posts
13,277 battles
11 hours ago, VallhallNOP said:

Any tips?

It depends a bit on whether you are entirely f2p, or spend a bit of cash here and there. Assuming pure f2p (and typical player skill levels), think along the following lines:

• Play ships and tiers that you can consistently do well in, especially in terms of damage. Relative damage is rewarded more than absolute damage though, so you'll get more for doing 10K hp damage to a DD than you will for doing identical damage to a BB, say. Damage is the key reward driver.
  • Speaking of tier, be mindful that T8, and *definitely* T9-10 are expensive - view these as 'cost sinks'; use your play in other tiers to fund them, as a general policy (T8 can be profitable with the right ships/camo/skills).
  • Premium time and flags make a lot of difference; if you're f2p save these as much as possible for times when you can play a lot and games where you have the best chance of doing well, respectively.
  • T10s with permaflage make a lot of silver, if you're semi-competent with them - they can be an exception to the rule about high tiers being expensive. If f2p, take every opportunity to get free permaflage (this applies to all tiers, but *especially* high tiers), and save up coal to get the 'premium' ones (premium in inverted commas as they aren't 'true' premiums - see next point).
  • Premium ships make a lot more silver than regular ones do; take every opportunity to get any free ones that you can. There are a number of routes: missions (the horrible Gorizia grind over Xmas), campaigns (Shinonome), free loot boxes and SCs (usually low chance of a ship); the most predictable and consistent is via coal in the armory [sic], or free xp. The best silver earners are usually the T9 premiums, followed by the T10s with permaflage. The T9s are true premiums (so, unlikely to be nerfed and better economy), whereas the T10s are technically 'event ships', so can in theory be nerfed and the economy is (supposedly) about the same as a normal T10 with permaflage (but, you can do stuff with a T10 that you can't with a T9).
  • Look out for higher tier 'event' modes; these can often be better earners than the more usual counterparts - things like Clans, some Ranked, and things like the Halloween thing (amongst others) can be very good for your silver balance.
  • Do missions that get you ships that you already have e.g. the Gorizia unlocked missions over Xmas (for various T6 silver ships) netted me several million in silver because I had them all in port already.
  • As well as driving up your 'top line', keep an eye on costs e.g. only use premium consumables when you need to; avoid spending resources on cammo/flags if you don't have to, and so on (see the other thread for more on this topic).
  • Don't sell ships and upgrades if you don't absolutely have to (doubly so at higher tier) - you only get half the silver back that the things cost. This wastes a *lot* of silver at high tiers, and isn't great at mid tier.
  • Don't ever sell a premium ship (even poorer ones): the silver you'll get can be easily earned in a few battles with the exact same ship, and each ship acts as a 'blocker' that prevents you getting it again in future missions/crates etc.

Basically, WOWS is free to play, but the more money you put in the faster you can progress; the economy is a key part of that mechanic and is very much designed to encourage as many people as possible to pay up. F2p is viable, but you have to play a lot smarter than a whale might, to keep your silver balance healthy.

• Cool 5

Players
238 posts
5,257 battles

Look, I am no unicum, far from it, but I don't find it that difficult to clear a profit in Tier 10.

I am still a little inconsistent in Kremlin but any game with over 100k damage is guaranteed to create a profit of 80 to 100k, admittedly it's easy to lose 60k if you only do 40k damage but that should really be the exception, I've had a few mind you! :)

My Mino has a premium camo and making money is without exception, in Des Moine, without premium camo, it's also rare for me not to make a decent profit in TX battles. 

I do play with premium time to be fair but that's all I spend on the game, £7 UK per month approximately, and it obviously makes a difference but it genuinely doesn't feel that hard to keep the credits moving up.

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,417 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It depends a bit on whether you are entirely f2p, or spend a bit of cash here and there. Assuming, pure f2p (and typical player skill levels), think along the following lines:

• Play ships and tiers that you can consistently do well in, especially in terms of damage. Relative damage is rewarded more than absolute damage though, so you'll get more for doing 10K hp damage to a DD than you will for doing identical damage to a BB, say. Damage is the key reward driver.
  • Speaking of tier, be mindful that T8, and *definitely* T9-10 are expensive - view these as 'cost sinks'; use your play in other tiers to fund them, as a general policy (T8 can be profitable with the right ships/camo/skills).
  • Premium time and flags make a lot of difference; if you're f2p save these as much as possible for times when you can play a lot and games where you have the best chance of doing well, respectively.
  • T10s with permaflage make a lot of silver, if you're semi-competent with them - they can be an exception to the rule about high tiers being expensive. If f2p, take every opportunity to get free permaflage (this applies to all tiers, but *especially* high tiers), and save up coal to get the 'premium' ones (premium in inverted commas as they aren't 'true' premiums - see next point).
  • Premium ships make a lot more silver than regular ones do; take every opportunity to get any free ones that you can. There are a number of routes: missions (the horrible Gorizia grind over Xmas), campaigns (Shinonome), free loot boxes and SCs (usually low chance of a ship); the most predictable and consistent is via coal in the armory [sic], or free xp. The best silver earners are usually the T9 premiums, followed by the T10s with permaflage. The T9s are true premiums (so, unlikely to be nerfed and better economy), whereas the T10s are technically 'event ships', so can in theory be nerfed and the economy is (supposedly) about the same as a normal T10 with permaflage (but, you can do stuff with a T10 that you can't with a T9).
  • Look out for higher tier 'event' modes; these can often be better earners than the more usual counterparts - things like Clans, some Ranked, and things like the Halloween thing (amongst others) can be very good for your silver balance.
  • Do missions that get you ships that you already have e.g. the Gorizia unlocked missions over Xmas (for various T6 silver ships) netted me several million in silver because I had them all in port already.
  • As well as driving up your 'top line', keep an eye on costs e.g. only use premium consumables when you need to; avoid spending resources on cammo/flags if you don't have to, and so on (see the other thread for more on this topic).
  • Don't sell ships and upgrades if you don't absolutely have to (doubly so at higher tier) - you only get half the silver back that the things cost. This wastes a *lot* of silver at high tiers, and isn't great at mid tier.
  • Don't ever sell a premium ship (even poorer ones): the silver you'll get can be easily earned in a few battles with the exact same ship, and each ship acts as a 'blocker' that prevents you getting it again in future missions/crates etc.

Basically, WOWS is free to play, but the more money you put in the faster you can progress; the economy is a key part of that mechanic and is very much designed to encourage as many people as possible to pay up. F2p is viable, but you have to play a lot smarter than a whale might, to keep your silver balance healthy.

Wow, thank you! Really appreciate you taking the time to write such an extensive answer👍 I see I have commited quite a few wrongs here, but i will certainly take a lot of this into consideration in future🙂

• Cool 3

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles

As Free to play? Grab tier 6-7 premiums that happens every so often in marathons and just play them in Randoms or Operations, though WG is steadily increasing requirements, so be warned. Warspite is handed out as part of "recruitment" thingy, but how that works exactly I don't know. If thats not an option, then find tier 5-7 ships you enjoy the most, these tiers with modicum of effort can be fun and bring some credits along the way

If insert coin is an option... then mix and match what you're willing to spend

-premium account

-silver tier 10 ship + premium paint for 5k doubloons

-premium ships with emphasis on tier 8 and 9, as those have potential to bring you the most coins

• Cool 2

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles
26 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

With all due respect, I will have to agree to disagree with your suggestions.

Missouri? practically impossible to obtain now. So why include this as a solution? (also known as dangling a carrot)

"Buy" tier 8 or 9. Essentially telling the player.  If you want to earn more, buy more. (here's the crux)  Also, tier 8 matchmaking is horrendous if you want consistent credit farming.

Tier 10 Permanent camo.  I would ask the OP to be real careful in investing in a 5000 doubloon camo (cheapest option) for a camo.  You can get more for 5k doubloons.

Tier 8, 9, 10 are not the optimal tiers to play for credit earning.  I don't care what anyone would preach about it.  The facts are there.

They are inherently costly to start with, to offset their service costs/ammunition cost/consumables/etc are much much higher than Tier 7.  Just one tier lower.  

• Cool 1

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Truth in a nutshell.  Thanks for giving our new comers a well deserved, and helpful explanation.  Instead of the usual diatribe of horse manure guised as a suggestion.

• Cool 1

Players
1,468 posts
3,091 battles
17 minuti fa, Verblonde ha scritto:

F2p is viable, but you have to play a lot smarter than a whale might, to keep your silver balance healthy

Which is how i play (or at least try to, 'cause... potato teams exist:Smile-angry:)

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,997 posts
6,394 battles
Vor 22 Minuten, LowSpeedHighDrag sagte:

With all due respect, I will have to agree to disagree with your suggestions.

Missouri? practically impossible to obtain now. So why include this as a solution? (also known as dangling a carrot)

"Buy" tier 8 or 9. Essentially telling the player.  If you want to earn more, buy more. (here's the crux)  Also, tier 8 matchmaking is horrendous if you want consistent credit farming.

Tier 10 Permanent camo.  I would ask the OP to be real careful in investing in a 5000 doubloon camo (cheapest option) for a camo.  You can get more for 5k doubloons.

Tier 8, 9, 10 are not the optimal tiers to play for credit earning.  I don't care what anyone would preach about it.  The facts are there.

They are inherently costly to start with, to offset their service costs/ammunition cost/consumables/etc are much much higher than Tier 7.  Just one tier lower.  

I agree with the Missouri part, I should have mentioned that you can't get her without spending huge amounts of money (or being extremely lucky).

But I don't agree with your statement that Tier 7 ist the best tier to farm credits. Yes, maintenance is more expensive at T8 or T9 but maintenance costs on premium ships are quite cheap. If you want to farm credits with Tech Tree ships, T6/6 or T10 with permanent camouflage are the most effecitve tiers.

If you have premium ships or are willing to buy one high tier premium ships make more credits than low tier premiums (except for T10 ships but they are no real premiums and have no increased credit modificator).

Vor 45 Minuten, VallhallNOP sagte:

Have the Tirpitz, mainly because i live 10 mins from where it is resting on the seabed, so kind of interested in the history part, but i have noticed its a nice creditmaker, but do the extra earning in tier10 with the same modifiers make up for the extra service cost?

Premium ships have reduced service costs. In my opinion it's worth it.

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

If you need premium ships, premium time, signals and camo to avoid losing credits even if you play reasonably well and win games, then it's not F2P imho... and the CV flotilla plague at low-mid tiers is probably WG's strategy to push players into higher tiers where they have to spend money to be able to use their "free" ships.

• Cool 1

Players
2,804 posts
2 hours ago, VallhallNOP said:

Any tips?

play ops, I get money like dis with minimum risk. Having said that, they are a mess now mostly (not the current one) and I'm a notoriously poor player for the games I have due to being an extremely bad impulsive re-buyer of ships. I'm constantly broke.  I burn through creds like crazy :) 

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,417 battles
20 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

play ops, I get money like dis with minimum risk. Having said that, they are a mess now mostly (not the current one) and I'm a notoriously poor player for the games I have due to being an extremely bad impulsive re-buyer of ships. I'm constantly broke.  I burn through creds like crazy :) 

haha, sounds like we should make a clan😂 i think i have learned my lesson now though, but the number of ships ive sold to afford other🙈

• Cool 1

Players
1,981 posts
12,990 battles

Are you able to make money with your Alasca, Tirpitz and Atlanta? If so play the one you make credits most consistently. Save flags on those games. Use premium consumables, at least both repair things, as living longer you'll make more.

Players
1,468 posts
3,091 battles
1 ora fa, MementoMori_6030 ha scritto:

If you need premium ships, premium time, signals and camo to avoid losing credits even if you play reasonably well and win games, then it's not F2P imho...

I agree. As i always said, premium should mean "something more", not privileges, and i'm not saying that you can't play high tier without premium accout (i do, but i'm only at tier 8 at the moment), but the costs are very high. Even my clanmates agree that the service costs for high tiers are too high; especially for tier 10 CV, where your normal service cost in 240.000 credits (without camo and other bonuses).

• Bad 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,754 posts
7,301 battles
6 hours ago, VallhallNOP said:

I have Salem... it is insane. 30K damage is enough to 'break even' and I usually make 50-100 (which is not even good) which is when it prints credits..

Also I got some Premiums that I like and play them a lot. Exeter, Hood, Arizona, and CV Kaga and Ark Royal. Yes T5-6-7. T8, you get a lot of T10 games...

Usually I am stuck at ~30 million credits. And I am still grinding, only RN cruisers/BBs and US CV so far upto T10.

The rest I am still grinding so spending credits regularly on that. 

However, I usually play T6/7 - I like my Conqueror and Minotaur but unless I have a very good game (and a reasonable team) they eat credits.

Mostly because I get a crap team, and we lose. Even at T10 people do stupid stuff like "try to win harder". 

Also, in T10 they do a lot of "camping out"which is boring as hell and doesn;t give much damage - so not much credits.

Which is why I like T6/7. People also do stupid stuff, but at least you can do even more stupid stuff to counter it. 

Like when they "try harder" you just go for it as well and damn it might even work (will not in T10, too many smart ones there).

Oh and they camp at T6-7 too, but it doesn't really work because lots of other will go yolooooo ending the camping quickly.

Even when I have a crappy game it still gives me a chuckle. :Smile_trollface:

If you like your Tirpitz you can try "GitGud" and/or div up. It helps. Also, it is a good ship if in capable hands.

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles
7 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

I agree with the Missouri part, I should have mentioned that you can't get her without spending huge amounts of money (or being extremely lucky).

There is absolutely no way you can directly buy a Missouri with 1 million doubloons, even if I could. There is not.

As for being lucky.  The buyer of a loot box (gamble box) will have to be godly lucky to get a Missouri.  I know of players (whales) and read many posts on various regions of WOWS that some spent silly amounts of containers (minimum of 40 to 200) to get the Missouri, but never did (but getting others; Kutuzov, Belfast, Kamikaze R, etc).   So extremely lucky is an understatement of a century.

So let's put this down as a misrepresentation on your part. 

But I don't agree with your statement that Tier 7 ist the best tier to farm credits.

I never said that tier 7 is the best tier to farm credits.  If you scroll up and reread what I wrote carefully.  Actually, I'll post it here below:

7 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

They (tier 8 and 9) are inherently costly to start with, to offset their service costs/ammunition cost/consumables/etc are much much higher than Tier 7.  Just one tier lower.  

Where does it say that "your (my) statement that Tier 7 ist is the best tier to farm credits"  in that sentence?

I've pointed out a simple fact.  That Tier 7 is less costly than playing Tier 8 or 9 as per your initial suggestion to OP.  All but being 1 tier below your suggestion.

Yes, maintenance is more expensive at T8 or T9 but maintenance costs on premium ships are quite cheap.

Yes, maintenance is more expensive at T8 or T9 versus lower tiers (quite obviously). 

However, you're suggesting that Premium ships cost less than tech tree lines.

I cannot agree nor even approve on this.  You're still trying to indirectly sell to the OP, that he/she must buy a Premium T8/T9 ship to make credits; this is absolute horse garbage.

What we have forgotten to include is the Premium time.  With Premium time, one can earn more as a tech tree ship on average.  Than playing a Premium ship without a Premium time multiplier.

What really earns you the credits? Premium time, this is the short cut, pure and simple.  It is designed this way by WG.

If you want to farm credits with Tech Tree ships, T6/6 or T10 with permanent camouflage are the most effecitve tiers.

I wouldn't touch Tier 10 for credit earning.  Even with permanent camouflage.  Specially without Premium time. 

Here is the reason why.

Below is the Service cost per match for Tier 10

Tech Tree Ship
(base cost) *
Tech Tree Ship
(with permanent camouflage)
Premium Ship
(base cost) *
Premium Ship
(with permanent camouflage)

Tier X 180,000

90,000 (-50%) 90,000 (x0.5) 45,000 (-50%)

Now, let's have a look at Tier 7 Service cost:

VII 42,000Credits 37,800Credits (-10%) 35,700Credits (×0.85) 32,130Credits (-10%)

Playing Tier 10 Premium ship (w/ permanent camouflage) cost more than playing STOCK Tech tree tier 7 ship.

45,000 - 42,000 = 3,000 credit difference.

This is not counting the Operating cost. You know, the ammunition counts, Repair costs, mounting or remounting of consumables.  Or any other factors that assist with stacking the credit (signals, camos). 

A bad round for the OP in a Premium Tier 10 ship could at minimum cost him/her 25,500 x 3 (Montana premium consumable remounting) = 76,500 + 90,000 = 166,500.

Add an arbitrary number of ammunition fired in game, with 'repair' cost. You have already lost more credits than starting credit cost.

If you have premium ships or are willing to buy one high tier premium ships make more credits than low tier premiums (except for T10 ships but they are no real premiums and have no increased credit modificator).

I think what you were trying to say is that tier for tier.  Higher you go with Premium ships, the supposed idea is that you would earn more.  

Except, it doesn't matter if you have a T10 Premium ship if you lose and when you do lose. You lose BIG! 

How many times can you guarantee that you can win every battle that you play.  If you can let me know, I'd like to know this trick too.  Until this magic trick is revealed. 

I will stick to medium tiers, where you can make decent credits with mitigated losses in credits as well.  It's a numbers game.  A game of averages. 

Premium ships have reduced service costs. In my opinion it's worth it.

They do, but it's not the Premium ships itself that give you reduced service costsIt is their permanent camouflages.

OP, if you truly want the easy way out and have the money to spare.   Instead of grinding and calculating each game on a spreadsheet like a egghead and not enjoying the game (if you enjoy statistics within a game good for you, not mine with gaming).

Buy the Premium time packages, but WISELY. 

This action alone will give you more chances of earning credits more than losing it.  Unless of course, you have a bad losing streak for months...

Sign in to follow this