Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
genosse

Dedicated gamer overjoyed about late Christmas present from gaming company.

28 comments in this topic

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles

We met Max (name changed) in a small café in the quaint German city of Hannover. The January air is cutting, and we probably should have wrapped up warmer, but Max, only dressed in an old World of Warships T-Shirt from 2016's Gamescom and blue jeans doesn't seem to mind - he is far too excited to tell us his story, we think to ourselves, after a hasty greeting.

"I took a day off from work and was enjoying a healthy dose of my favourite game World of Warships, when it suddenly rang at my door. At first I believed in a misterstanding, when the postman dragged in a huge package that I definitly did not order, but then I saw it ..."

Max took a large sip from his coffee and let out a quiet sigh, before continuing his story.

"Stuck to the parcel was a label with a logo that I knew all too well, and a text that read: 'Merry Christmas from Wargaming.net'. I could not believe my eyes and hastily signed the delivery, before hauling the carton to my living room as fast as I could, and unwrapping it with one swift pull on the cardboard. And there it was: a brand new 65" flat screen TV."

His hands trembled as Max was lighting a cigarette with a big smile on his face.

"Back in 2019, I made a half-serious post on the World of Warships community forum. It was the time of the Puerto Rico (a ship you can play in the game - red) event, and I jokingly mentioned that the game got permanently burned into my TV by playing too much - I am a couch gamer, by the way. I was sick at the time, and had a lot of spare time to fill, and of course, I turned to my favorite game for that."

"I really played like a maniac", Max said, as he reached for another cigarette. "But it was fun, and I would have probably gone mad from boredom, if it weren't for this game. The TV was only a year old, but to me, the OLED burn-in was like a battle scar - something to be proud of. Sure, having "Detected" written on the forehead of 'The Witcher' in faded letters was kind of annoying at first, but after a few days I was hardly noticing it. Imagine my surprise, when Wargaming.net decided to give me, of all people, this amazing gift, when I least expected it. I will be eternally grateful!"

We continued our interview with Max for another hour, in which he never stopped praising the company, that already gave him so much, and then went above and beyond, before we jumped back into our cab that brought us to the airport, and our flight back to London.

Thank you Max for telling us your story, and thanks to Wargaming.net for being a shining example of good customer service, in these times where shareholder value and profit maximization take an ever larger chunk of our hobby.

Other publishers take note: there is a new sheriff in town, and his weapons are warmth and kindness!

<link to wargaming>
<link to wows>

<1000 positive comments about the article and the company>

This fictitious news article from a made-up gaming website could become a reality, if you buy me a new TV, my dear friends from Wargaming.

Think of the publicity! Think of the new players! Think of the hype! You will be mentioned in one sentence with CD Project Red when people are talking about game companies that set positive examples, that everyone should follow!

The only thing you have to do, is to buy me, genosse from the wargaming.eu forums, a new TV and the dream can become true! There is nothing else that has to be done, it's probably the cheapest form of marketing anyone can think of. Hell, you can even keep the article I just wrote.

I mean, I can at least try, right? ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 19

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles

37 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

You want commercial companies to buy things for you?:cap_look:

Yes of course. It's really a win-win situation for everyone. Can you think of a more cost-effective way of doing some marketing? ;)

I am really reaching out here.

PS.: Just send me a PM if you need to know which model of spanking brand new 65" premium flat screen TV I would prefer, before we go forward with this. :cap_win:

• Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Nice crappost

Glad you enjoy it. :)

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
1 hour ago, genosse said:

We met Max (name changed) in a small café in the quaint German city of Hannover. The January air is cutting, and we probably should have wrapped up warmer, but Max, only dressed in an old World of Warships T-Shirt from 2016's Gamescom and blue jeans doesn't seem to mind - he is far too excited to tell us his story, we think to ourselves, after a hasty greeting.

"I took a day off from work and was enjoying a healthy dose of my favourite game World of Warships, when it suddenly rang at my door. At first I believed in a misterstanding, when the postman dragged in a huge package that I definitly did not order, but then I saw it ..."

Max took a large sip from his coffee and let out a quiet sigh, before continuing his story.

"Stuck to the parcel was a label with a logo that I knew all too well, and a text that read: 'Merry Christmas from Wargaming.net'. I could not believe my eyes and hastily signed the delivery, before hauling the carton to my living room as fast as I could, and unwrapping it with one swift pull on the cardboard. And there it was: a brand new 65" flat screen TV."

His hands trembled as Max was lighting a cigarette with a big smile on his face.

"Back in 2019, I made a half-serious post on the World of Warships community forum. It was the time of the Puerto Rico (a ship you can play in the game - red) event, and I jokingly mentioned that the game got permanently burned into my TV by playing too much - I am a couch gamer, by the way. I was sick at the time, and had a lot of spare time to fill, and of course, I turned to my favorite game for that."

"I really played like a maniac", Max said, as he reached for another cigarette. "But it was fun, and I would have probably gone mad from boredom, if it weren't for this game. The TV was only a year old, but to me, the OLED burn-in was like a battle scar - something to be proud of. Sure, having "Detected" written in on the forehead of 'The Witcher' in faded letters was kind of annoying at first, but after a few days I hardly noticed it. Imagine my surprise, when Wargaming.net decided to give me, of all people, this amazing gift, when I least expected it. I will be eternally grateful!"

We continued our interview with Max for another hour, in which he never stopped praising the company, that already gave him so much, and then went above and beyond, before we jumped back into our cab that brought is to the airport, and our flight back to London.

Thank you Max for telling us your story, and thanks to Wargaming.net for being a shining example good customer service, in these times where shareholder value and profit maximization take an ever larger chunk of our hobby.

Other publishers take note: there is a new sheriff in town, and his weapons are warmth and kindness!

<link to wargaming>
<link to wows>

This fictitious news article from a made-up gaming website could become a reality, if you buy me a new TV, my dear friends from Wargaming.

Think of the publicity! Think of the new players! Think of the hype! You will be mentioned in one sentence with CD Project Red when people are talking about game companies that set positive examples, that everyone should follow!

The only thing you have to do, is to buy me, genosse from the wargaming.eu forums, a new TV and the dream can become true! There is nothing else that has to be done, it's probably the cheapest form of marketing anyone can think of. Hell, you can even keep the article I just wrote.

Just imagine what my reviews and comments would be like if WG would buy me a new High end PC, gave me 3k € each month, all premiums for the next ten years and the Jolly Roger! 

I am ready to sell out WG, are you ready to be praised? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I am ready to sell out WG, are you ready to be praised? 

That's the spirit! :cat_cool:

If we think that WG is too business oriented, we have to throw them a bone.

Work with it, not against it.

• Cool 1

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles

I'll be okay with higher reroll of daily containers.  

Asking for an actual physical device is like reaching for the sun as Icarus.

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
11 minutes ago, genosse said:

That's the spirit! :cat_cool:

If we think that WG is too business oriented, we have to throw them a bone.

Work with it, not against it.

Yep. 

I just noticed, there's a distinct lack of WG dudes in this thread. 

Let's summon @MrConway , @Crysantos and @Tuccy and see if our stuff is already on its way. 

Knowing it's coming would be a massive Motivation to write a 300 page Essay of how awesome WG is. 

Did i Mention, i'm Ready to sell out?  :cap_money:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,459 posts
13,944 battles

I'm still waiting for my sailing yacht, WG. Wasn't going to say anything yet, but if you could speed that whole process up, I need to get it insured and registered over here and I'd like to have it ready by summer.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I'm still waiting for my sailing yacht, WG. Wasn't going to say anything yet, but if you could speed that whole process up, I need to get it insured and registered over here and I'd like to have it ready by summer.

You sure they gonna send you a Yacht, considering YOU didn't Pay2Rico? 

Not to Mention all the unwarranted criticism About WGs AWESOME Business practices you posted over the last couple of...evers? 

• Cool 2

[LADA]
Players
543 posts
8,376 battles

10/10 for effort and wordsmithing.

Taking the p*** out of WG is one thing, doing with articulate style and panache is a cut above the rest.

They recently lost a global content manager for reasons completely unrelated to the Puerto Rico event - I think they should offer the job to someone with such skill.....

• Cool 3

Players
1,459 posts
13,944 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You sure they gonna send you a Yacht, considering YOU didn't Pay2Rico? 

Not to Mention all the unwarranted criticism About WGs AWESOME Business practices you posted over the last couple of...evers? 

I think my chances of receiving one from them before and after posting all that stuff are about equal.

But all will be well when the boat arrives. Vodka under the bridge.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
2 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Taking the p*** out of WG is one thing, doing with articulate style and panache is a cut above the rest.

They recently lost a global content manager for reasons completely unrelated to the Puerto Rico event - I think they should offer the job to someone with such skill.....

Well, if i were some higher up at WG, i'd offer him the Job of writting all the Marketing fluff in General and Apologies for frak-ups specifically. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

Dang you guys have high requests, i'd sell out for 4 things. 

-Kitakami (only one ship wordwide, mine:Smile_trollface:

-A150

-T8 Fubuki with Harekaze gun options and 15 km 68 knot Kamikaze torps with 55 second reload. 

-a full scale fully functioning replica of the IJN Kamikaze, no armarment needed, just the ship. 

With all above things listed, i'd praise WG for the next 50 years :Smile_trollface:

Im cheap soo, thats reasonable right? 

Edited by Major_Damage225
Added stuffs.
  • Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles
10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, if i were some higher up at WG, i'd offer him the Job of writting all the Marketing fluff in General and Apologies for frak-ups specifically.

There is proooobably a vacancy in the next few weeks or months. I don't want to gloat, but ... Ah well, some things are better left unsaid – don't want to be an [edited]. ;)

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Dang you guys have high requests, i'd sell out for 4 things. 

-Kitakami (only one ship wordwide, mine:Smile_trollface:

-A150

-T8 Fubuki with Harekaze gun options and 15 km 68 knot Kamikaze torps with 55 second reload. 

-a full scale fully functioning replica of the IJN Kamikaze, no armarment needed, just the ship. 

With all above things listed, i'd praise WG for the next 50 years :Smile_trollface:

Im cheap soo, thats reasonable right? 

Get in line...cheap skate, we were first here. 

Draw a number and move your sorry behind to the end of the line, ffs. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,611 posts
18,147 battles

Does anyone get the same kind of impression reading the original post that they do reading an article about a extraordinarily expensive hotel out in a tropical paradise somewhere? The kind of place where the owners have realised that good publicity will draw lots of customers, and is told in this kind of whimsical story style. 

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles
13 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Thank you for the kind words. I thought the forum needed a little bit of humour right now. It's Friday after all. :)

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
1 hour ago, LordTareq said:

You want commercial companies to buy things for you?:cap_look:

3mf9ew.jpg

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,544 battles

@genosse I moved this to off topic as it's not gameplay related in the slightest.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,511 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, genosse said:

"I really played like a maniac", Max said, as he reached for another cigarette. "But it was fun, and I would have probably gone mad from boredom, if it weren't for this game. The TV was only a year old, but to me, the OLED burn-in was like a battle scar - something to be proud of. Sure, having "Detected" written on the forehead of 'The Witcher' in faded letters was kind of annoying at first, but after a few days I was hardly noticing it. Imagine my surprise, when Wargaming.net decided to give me, of all people, this amazing gift, when I least expected it. I will be eternally grateful!"

We continued our interview with Max for another hour, in which he never stopped praising the company, that already gave him so much, and then went above and beyond, before we jumped back into our cab that brought us to the airport, and our flight back to London.

Thank you Max for telling us your story, and thanks to Wargaming.net for being a shining example of good customer service, in these times where shareholder value and profit maximization take an ever larger chunk of our hobby.

<link to wargaming>
<link to wows>

PM me your address.

Sign in to follow this