You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StonesTM

6 t8 carriers one match possible, apparently

77 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
956 battles

I was in a match a few weeks ago, finally found the screenshot, I did not expect this to be possible.

is this an error, or ??

shot-20.01.10_00.30.08-0565.jpg

• Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,375 posts
18,506 battles

Nope, not an error. 

When the glorious CV master race has to wait to Long in the cue, MM will throw them in a game. 

According to the Spread shiet WG is worshiping and fapping to, you're having fun. 

That being said, wasn't it limited recently to 2 sky fappers per game? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

Players
9,867 posts
11,573 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Nope, not an error. 

When the glorious CV master race has to wait to Long in the cue, MM will throw them in a game. 

According to the Spread shiet WG is worshiping and fapping to, you're having fun. 

That being said, wasn't it limited recently to 2 sky fappers per game? 

Only on tier 10 games I think. Everywhere else is hardcap of 3 and softcap of 2

• Cool 1

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Beta Tester
130 posts
18,775 battles

Looks like the usual T4 match to scare any new player away from the game asap

3 CVs per side is stupid, one is game breaking enough, 2 is a total shitshow and 3 is is basicly just an insult to the players.

get rid of that if u wanna have some new relaxed players that play for a bit longer than 2 hours coz they get crap on by things they cant fight...

and please insert some sort of cooldown at the lower tiers, the abuse of the broken CV gamemechanics is getting out of hand

• Cool 12

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,116 battles
48 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Only on tier 10 games I think. Everywhere else is hardcap of 3 and softcap of 2

I read somewhere (sorry can’t find source) that they’ve introduced soft cap of 2x (hard 3x) for T4, soft 1x/hard 2x for T6-8, and hard cap of 1 CV in T10. This does not apply for cross tier population iirc as I think you can get a T8 and T10 CV match if MM gods are feeling particularly generous. 

Not to question the integrity of the OP, but perhaps this was super late/early morning hours when MM has unlimited queue times. Or some genius fail divs (like T8 CV, T7/9 surface ship) that got thrown into the mix? 

@MrConway seeing as you’re a regular reader of forum threads, is it possible to get some clarity on soft/hard caps for CVs in the MM queue? This topic keeps popping up now and then, would be nice to have some info to refer others to in the future. ty

Players
3,223 posts

Said it before and wil say it again, I don't mind two CV's per side, always nice to have some on carry you, and gives you that extra ooomph needed to make a kill, far to many games I have players wanting planes here there an d everywhere, maybe they think my CV will split into three parts:Smile_veryhappy:

But alas we should not maon, in WoT's they regularly have three artillery pers side even in T 10 games.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,518 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, novents said:

I read somewhere (sorry can’t find source) that they’ve introduced soft cap of 2x (hard 3x) for T4, soft 1x/hard 2x for T6-8, and hard cap of 1 CV in T10. This does not apply for cross tier population iirc as I think you can get a T8 and T10 CV match if MM gods are feeling particularly generous. 

Not to question the integrity of the OP, but perhaps this was super late/early morning hours when MM has unlimited queue times. Or some genius fail divs (like T8 CV, T7/9 surface ship) that got thrown into the mix? 

@MrConway seeing as you’re a regular reader of forum threads, is it possible to get some clarity on soft/hard caps for CVs in the MM queue? This topic keeps popping up now and then, would be nice to have some info to refer others to in the future. ty

You are more-or-less right ;)

The way it works is based on the battle tiers:

• Battle tiers 8 - 10: soft limit is 1 CV
  • Battle tier 10: hard limit is 2 CVs
  • Battle tiers 8-9: hard limit is 3 CVs
  • Battle tiers 4 - 7: soft limit 2, hard limit 3

The hard-limit is only ever used if the matchmaker cannot make enough games with the soft-limit and the waiting time in queue for CVs becomes excessive. This should only really be happening at very late or early hours, especially for higher-tier games.

• Cool 6

Players
1,494 posts
14,093 battles

Even double CV is unacceptable. Nobody enjoy those games. Hard cap of 1 is the only acceptable limit here (well, 0, but WG not having that one class that ruins it for everyone else is a wet dream at this point).

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

Players
114 posts
169 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Even double CV is unacceptable. Nobody enjoy those games. Hard cap of 1 is the only acceptable limit here (well, 0, but WG not having that one class that ruins it for everyone else is a wet dream at this point).

2CVs per match present an interesting challenge.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
382 posts

I don’t like 2 cvs per team when I play my enterprise because the other CV steals a part of my damage and spotting damage and I sure as hell don’t want to be in a game where I earn less than 800k credits

• Funny 1

Players
1,494 posts
14,093 battles
1 minute ago, Xi_Tian said:

Have fun in your challenge if you're in a DD, particularly a french one. Even if you have smoke, last time this happened to me both DD's constantly had planes above me whether I was smoked or not. As soon as the cooldown was down, I was spotted. Nothing on my team really had AA worth that much so going back to them didn't exactly help, either. 

You can keep your "interesting challenge". If CV's want to keep focusing you, there's no challenge, your game will be ruined. That's simply a fact.

• Cool 5

[SHAFT]
Players
9,555 posts
8,858 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

The hard-limit is only ever used if the matchmaker cannot make enough games with the soft-limit and the waiting time in queue for CVs becomes excessive. This should only really be happening at very late or early hours, especially for higher-tier games.

this when? :Smile_trollface: Everyone likes it :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
468 posts
1,495 battles

Blanket statements like 'double CV's are universally hated' are easily disproved.....

I was in a double CV match last night, I'd got so annoyed with armchair admirals in co-op that I went into random with my new Surrey.

over extended and got focused by 3 red ships and one of the carriers, he got quite annoyed that I wouldn't sink, I just found it amusing.

I might prefer single or no CV matches but I don't hate double CV or even triple CV matches, so therefore double CV matches are not universally hated.

QED

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
2 hours ago, Xi_Tian said:

definitely for the CVs as there's not enough targets for them in that case .....

• Funny 2

Players
382 posts

Well facts or no facts it is my understanding that everyone hates x2 cvs. Regular ships hate it for obvious reasons and CVs hate it cause they split the spotting damage between them

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles
Just now, kapnobathrac said:

split the spotting damage between them 

I don't even know where to begin in explaining that this is the least of their issue.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
382 posts
14 minutes ago, Xi_Tian said:

I don't even know where to begin in explaining that this is the least of their issue.

Well among other things ,my post was not meant to cover every aspect,I regularly play my enterprise and that’s one reason I hate to have another CV in my team. Then there is which ever 2 CVs manage to focus an enemy CV to take it down leaving one team extremely crippled.

even though I defended CVs I am well aware that the majority of the player base (not just forums) would vote for the removal of CVs altogether.  I know I cause a horrible experience for enemy DDs,having 2 sets of planes spotting them and shooting rockets would make almost any DD alt+f4.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,665 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 1:34 PM, Xi_Tian said:

For my Nerves Yes ^^

On 1/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, kapnobathrac said:

I don’t like 2 cvs per team when I play my enterprise because the other CV steals a part of my damage and spotting damage and I sure as hell don’t want to be in a game where I earn less than 800k credits

Which is why I actually would love to see Double CV Games as the Standard.

Its Cutting down the Influence of a Single CV Player Vastly if there is Two CVs on each Team.

1 Unicum +1 Potato CV vs 2 Potato CVs is FAAAR more Balanced than 1 Unicum CV vs 1 Potato CV

As for Double CV Games.

People should Embrace them. Cause if WG reaches their Target of higher CV Population this Hard Limit will become the Normal State.

But also because 2 CVs is actually better for Balance than 1 CV.

2 CVs vastly Decreases the Influence of the individual CV Player and vastly Increases the Influence of Surface Ships. Because the Individual CV being vastly Overpowering the Enemy CV is much harder with 2 vs 2 CVs.

CVs are OP. That is for me not a Question.

Them not being Invincible doesnt mean they are Equal to other Classes ;)

Edit: some quote removal

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,555 posts
8,858 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, Sunleader said:

As for Double CV Games.

People should Embrace them. Cause if WG reaches their Target of higher CV Population this Hard Limit will become the Normal State.

But also because 2 CVs is actually better for Balance than 1 CV.

2 CVs vastly Decreases the Influence of the individual CV Player and vastly Increases the Influence of Surface Ships. Because the Individual CV being vastly Overpowering the Enemy CV is much harder with 2 vs 2 CVs.

Thats a horrible way of arguementing.

2 CVs might be more balanced, if its not Unicum vs Potato CV (leaving out, that it might aswell be 2 unicums vs 2 potatoes). Sure, might be.

But the issue with CVs, especially if they grow in numbers is, that its getting less fun for surface ships to play. So while 4 CVs might make it more balanced in terms of game impact, it makes it also less fun to play overall, since there are more planes spotting and harrassing you. Even if a bad CV player might not be able to attack you, he is still spotting you for his teammates, adding other problems to it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,494 posts
14,093 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

2 CVs might be more balanced, if its not Unicum vs Potato CV (leaving out, that it might aswell be 2 unicums vs 2 potatoes). Sure, might be.

But the issue with CVs, especially if they grow in numbers is, that its getting less fun for surface ships to play. So while 4 CVs might make it more balanced in terms of game impact, it makes it also less fun to play overall, since there are more planes spotting and harrassing you. Even if a bad CV player might not be able to attack you, he is still spotting you for his teammates, adding other problems to it.

To be fair, it's the same way of argumenting we've heard from WG recently so I won't blame him too much. While these general statements might be true in certain cases, I still maintain that for a DD player double CV matches are anything but fun in most situations. Now, yes, the rest of his surface ships might do well and carry the game and win, but that won't be much consolation if being spotted the entire match prevents him from playing his class the way it's meant to be played. A class that relies on stealth as heavily as most DD's do is by definition hard countered by planes, doubly so in a double CV game. It's the same logic used to justify that torpedo stealth bypass module they want to introduce: "if they mount that they will be more easily melted by Smolensks and the like". Sure, that'll be much consolation to the DD scoring much less damage than he normally would have. This is why balancing isn't a simple matter - you need to take into account both the big picture and individiual points of view for each class. Game needs to be fun for everyone most of the time. 

But it's nice that I could read Sunleader's comment and respond to it without the whole "git gud" bs without providing any specific advice as to how to adapt to double CV games as a DD even after asking several times. So, thanks Sunleader, at least you can carry a conversation like a normal person. And I do agree with some of the things you said, notably CV's being broken.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,087 posts
11,580 battles

2 CV per side might be "fairer" in terms of eliminating a whatsoever-skillgap of the CV players.

But 2 CV per side, not to mention 3 per side, are killing every regular shipfight right from the start.

As already mentioned before, 2 T4 CV are already so common, its useless to rage about. I pity the newcomers with T3 and T4 ships without any form of AA, who get butchered mercilessly without any means of defense.

At T6 a double CV game is not standard ... yet. But you get them more often than before. 

A double CV game at T8 is still rare - thx god it is - and me personally I had only 2 of them up to now. Both of these games were such a desaster. There is no ship which can survive the coordinated attacks of two T8 Cvs. Just none.

I am honestly saying, if double CV become a common sight at T8, i will rather go back to Worldoftanks. It is better to fight against 3 arties then vs 2 CV ... really.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,665 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thing is.

Getting 2 Unicum CVs vs 2 Potato CVs is much less Likely than the current Standard of 1 Unicum CV vs 1 Potato CV.

And thats the thing I can tell you out of Experience.

1 Unicum CV PLUS 1 Potato CV vs 2 Potato CVs is muuuuuch much more balanced than 1 Unicum CV vs 1 Potato CV :)

And this would be the far more likely scenario. :)

As for the rest. I do agree with that and never planned to disagree on that.

Yes 2 CVs while being better for Balance is extremely annoying to Surface Ships. Especially to DDs.

Not lastly because if 2 CVs Focus you. Your own Options basicly go towards 0.

But 2 CVs as Standard might also offer some better Solutions for Balancing CVs itself :)

Players
564 posts
4,303 battles
54 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

He has no valid argument and he knows it... which he indirectly admits to by saying that if there is a poll, the result will not be representative because he 'knows'  that only CV-haters will vote in that poll. What he conveniently ignores is that:

1. A lot of very good CV-players themselves ADMIT that CV's are broken.

2. A lot of very good CV-players admit that the amount of CV's and who is playing them are destroying the game in lower tiers and will take out the fun of the game for many players.

3. A lot of very good CV-players admit that the impact of CV's on the game is disproportionate in any way/shape or form in general, and extremely so when it is one good vs mediocre / bad CV players.

O yeah, and this includes top class players like El2azer (who regularly posts on this forum).

4. Many very good youtube CC-contributors - people who know very well how to play ANY class of ship - and players see CV's as is as a massive problem in the game, especially on lower tiers. You know, the likes of Flambass, Flamu, and I have yet to see Notser be positive, for one.

5. The many examples of the broken-ness of CV's in game play on youtube; only look at the likes of Mighty Jingles, or Flambass. With one of the most extreme examples the Mighty Jingles episode where it is 1 CV against multiple allegedly strong AA ships at good health - and IIRC actually winning. To see Flambass playing a CV is actually sickening, the ease with which he attacks whatever ship he likes. Hell, he makes playing Smolensk look more difficult than playing Kaga.

But we all know that that evidence about CV and CV matchmaking being problematic is not representative, and that the fact that there is little evidence in his support is not evidence that he is wrong, but that all the evidence that supports his POV is suppressed. And of course what we are saying is all anecdotal, even if it is easy to find a massive number of examples.

• Cool 1