Sztywny_Joozek

No own gun fire sound

8 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
6,078 battles

After the last patch I do not hear the sound of my ships firing guns :( I hear all the other sounds OK, the sound settings are fine.

I tried two different ships (Yugumo and Minekaze). Others report (during the game), that they can hear my guns shooting. I can also hear their guns.

Any ideas what happened? Anyone with the same problem?

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
6,078 battles

Disregard... After changing sound quality to high, the gun fire returned... Although there seems to be a subtle problem with this, who is running sound quality @ low? ;)

[FLASH]
Players
615 posts
19,899 battles
1 hour ago, Sztywny_Joozek said:

Disregard... After changing sound quality to high, the gun fire returned... Although there seems to be a subtle problem with this, who is running sound quality @ low? ;)

I do ... and I have also nearly no sound from the main guns

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
7,041 posts
2,445 battles

There is a known bug with destroyer's gunfire sounds when using the low quality option.

We deployed a "mod" to clients automatically, to temporarily fix it until the next update.

It should look like this:

image.png

If it is not there, please let the launcher check and repair the game files. That should fix it. If it is not fixed, then please report it as a bug, as described here:

[SICA]
Players
235 posts
30,419 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 2:04 PM, Sztywny_Joozek said:

After the last patch I do not hear the sound of my ships firing guns :( I hear all the other sounds OK, the sound settings are fine.

I tried two different ships (Yugumo and Minekaze). Others report (during the game), that they can hear my guns shooting. I can also hear their guns.

Any ideas what happened? Anyone with the same problem?

Same thing here. Since the HQ audiofiles require some HDD activity and also - used with rapid fire guns - can generate stuttering, sharp noises and even frames drops on older PC's,  my audio settings are on "low" (quality). Guns sound setting are at maximum. I can hear other ships guns in the game, but not my own. However, it doesn't manifest on all ships. 
Since the last update I have used Musashi, Blyskawica, Alaska, Amalfi, Zara, Aigle, Smolensk, Colbert and Georgia. If I remember well, only Aigle, Zara and Amalfi guns sounds were ok. The other were absent.