Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Poll: Imperial (doubloon) Bundle drop chance

From my first 5 Imperial Bundles bought for doubloons I got:  

63 members have voted

  1. 1. Results only for the first five bundles

    • No ships
      35
    • TierV
      16
    • TierVI
      8
    • TierVII
      4
    • TierVIII
      6

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,438 posts
6,761 battles

The drop chances are given in the armory, still a poll might be useful for the skeptics. Only vote if you have bought at least 5 bundles for doubloons, and give the result only for the first 5 bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,481 posts
11,138 battles

5000 doubloons is too much to pay for a chance of getting a ship a little early.

Instead I spent 8000 on a rather fetching galaxy camp for my Desmoines to grind the legendary!

 

Lesson learned in the french event where I paid far too much and didn’t even get a Mogador!

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
182 posts
15,232 battles

Spent 7k dubloons and only got hawkins...

What a massive ripp-off!!!!

only a few flags and low amount of camos. NOT WORTH IT!!!

Very unhappy with the results. Just complete crap. 

 

DON*T BUY THE BUNDLES FOR DUBLOONS!

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,961 posts
6,603 battles

I have far better uses for that 5k doubloons. My 1st 1k pack is just a few signals so I'll not be wasting anything on that WG!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
180 posts
19,142 battles

What is the point to spend doubloons for something you will get for free after 1 month (if get any ships at all)?
Maybe will worth it 1k doubloons only if you get Albemarle in the 1st bundle

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,355 posts
10,582 battles
12 minutes ago, CeKyPuTo said:

Maybe will worth it 1k doubloons only if you get Albemarle in the 1st bundle 

 

Yea if you value a perma camo on a semi-useful T5 that is. Else I would even question that :)

edit: nvm. you meant the T8. well the point about the perma camo still stands.

 

But to everyone calling it a rip-off and raging: Im sorry but you only got yourselfs to blame... And participating in such pay2gamble events for silver ships will give WG the feedback to proceed with that kind of system. So dont expect any sympathie from me.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,569 posts
8,858 battles
1 hour ago, Erik_Aukan said:

Spent 7k dubloons and only got hawkins...

What a massive ripp-off!!!!

only a few flags and low amount of camos. NOT WORTH IT!!!

Very unhappy with the results. Just complete crap. 

 

DON*T BUY THE BUNDLES FOR DUBLOONS!

 

So what did you expect? Get 4 ships for 4k dubs because WG is nice and they just put 65 possible bundles in there for the giggles?

You already see the next bundle before you buy it. Thanks to people like you, WG is happily going on with their money milking since people keep falling for it every time. And yet, they also are making it more and more obvious, but people still fall for it :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,835 posts
15,840 battles
6 hours ago, CeKyPuTo said:

What is the point to spend doubloons for something you will get for free after 1 month (if get any ships at all)?
Maybe will worth it 1k doubloons only if you get Albemarle in the 1st bundle

That's what I got. Nice to have the ship early and with a 2k discount off the permacamo. Even if it is the colour of a Fried Egg.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,495 posts
14,134 battles
6 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

But to everyone calling it a rip-off and raging: Im sorry but you only got yourselfs to blame... And participating in such pay2gamble events for silver ships will give WG the feedback to proceed with that kind of system. So dont expect any sympathie from me.

 

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean, yea, the event is typical wg shady shenanigans, but it's fairly easy to see what's going on. 1k doubloons per bundle in order to try and get a silver ship with a useless permacamo (have so many grinding camos and it's not like I'll play any of these that much after they've been grinded through). You have to expect that there's a good chance you won't drop it right at the start, but will need to roll at least 5-10 times for the first ship drop, at least most people will. So, why do people still do it? If you keep rewarding WG for doing this stuff, stop with the righteous indignation when you spend too much money on not much gain, you're the ones enabling them.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,054 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

That's what I got. Nice to have the ship early and with a 2k discount off the permacamo. Even if it is the colour of a Fried Egg.

Similar colour to USS Albany camo at tier 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,481 posts
11,138 battles

5 containers with a chance of a tech tree ship or a choice of Leningrad, Graf spee or perth( my favourite premiums for this price).

 

I do find Wargaming’s pricing on this a little high. Should be perhaps 500 per bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,835 posts
15,840 battles
7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Similar colour to USS Albany camo at tier 2

It needs two red stripes on the funnels for the full English Breakfast effect. 

 

30 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

1k doubloons per bundle in order to try and get a silver ship with a useless permacamo (have so many grinding camos and it's not like I'll play any of these that much after they've been grinded through).

It's of use to me, though. I will keep the ship (and play it) so the permacamo is a decent deal. I was lucky it came up first, though... wouldn't spend more than 2k doubloons if I wasn't guaranteed to get the value back in goods. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TAP-]
Players
278 posts
8,008 battles

I won't vote as I'm not going to buy any, but just a quick note to confirm that the first available doubloons bundle for me wasn't a ship. Essentially, the only bundle I'd have considered buying  for 1k doubloons would have been the Albemarle as a cheap tier 8 perma-camo, but I'm perfectly content to just grind the line on release (plus there's normally a decent chance to get at least one out of the random token bundles over the patch duration).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_FK_]
Players
214 posts
5,536 battles

First bundle is flags, so not spending doubloons on that.

 

Might have spent doubloons if the first bundle had a ship, for the perma cammo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,438 posts
6,761 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

That's what I got. Nice to have the ship early and with a 2k discount off the permacamo. Even if it is the colour of a Fried Egg.

I think the camo idea comes from here:

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/5931404/great-white-fleet-sea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_White_Fleet

Great White Fleet At Sea

It was for US battleships historically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,438 posts
6,761 battles
14 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

The drop chances are given in the armory, still a poll might be useful for the skeptics.

Based on the answers so far, it seems that the higher (7-8) tier ships have much less chance to drop in the first five slot than the lower ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,378 posts
18,527 battles

Not gonna spend single dubloon on those crates, even if the first one had a ship in it. 

They are not worth it for 1k dubloons per crate. 

 

100Dubloons per box? Sure, why not...1000? Heck, no. 

 

Those who might argue, that you don't buy tech tree ships but camos and thus the Price is justified...you're wrong. 

You don't buy camos for 1k, you buy the CHANCE for one of those. 

 

You can pay up to 65k Dubloons for all 4 techtree ships and the respective camos if you're unlucky.

Camos, which bought in the external/ camo tab cost for all four ships ~10k dubloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,961 posts
6,603 battles

Just for context - there are 65 packages which each cost 1000 doubloon making a total of 65000 doubloons to open every one which is £182 or €213 at the current doubloon price without coupons etc.

 

That is just :etc_swear:ing retarded WG. Instead of "tempting" me with crates in the Shop you've absolutely 100% guaranteed that I'm not spending a single :etc_swear:ing penny on this event, and I'm a huge whale so when even the whales rebel against your bull:etc_swear: you should start to worry!

 

We know WoWS isn't the best financially for WG, the playerbase size has stagnated, there's not enough new players who are staying more than a month and therefore might buy your stuff, lots of the existing players are getting tapped out for money (either cost to high or already own what they want) so you would imagine that a company which needs customers to pay for a "free" game to stay in business would want to encourage people to spend with really great deals (NOPE) but WG seem to have use the WoT method of "pooping out a million premium's" instead to drum up more cash.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,495 posts
14,134 battles
11 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

there's not enough new players who are staying more than a month and therefore might buy your stuff,

 

Might have something to do with the fact they all get farmed by sealclubber Hoshos when they hit t3-4, and can find no way to counter that? Crazy thought, I know. Couldn't possibly be true as it would mean WG did something wrong and is blatantly ignoring the issue despite it having been there for quite some time...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,961 posts
6,603 battles
11 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

 

Might have something to do with the fact they all get farmed by sealclubber Hoshos when they hit t3-4, and can find no way to counter that? Crazy thought, I know. Couldn't possibly be true as it would mean WG did something wrong and is blatantly ignoring the issue despite it having been there for quite some time...

 

WG with some Big Brain = Big PP level thinking there!

 

you-cant-have-59ca5ace87.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×