You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Trooper909

Fires are insane

89 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
675 battles

I spent 90% of my game time so far on fire.Its so boring.Can't counter it,you can put it out with your 2min cooldown ability and be safe from fire for a whole 15seconds than the second its finished you'll just be on fire again.

Whats the logic in it?wheres the fun in it?whats the counter? Whats my crew using to clean the decks? gasoline?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles

I was about to post the "we have this thread every week comrade" meme, but I actually think this is the first one in a while.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

Players
25 posts
675 battles

Yeah was a big topic even 3 years ago (maybe longer) when I quit the game.Still the same ol I guess.

If there is a topic every week for 3 years? there must be a problem though.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,035 posts
14,077 battles
5 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

I spent 90% of my game time so far on fire.Its so boring.Can't counter it,you can put it out with your 2min cooldown ability and be safe from fire for a whole 15seconds than the second its finished you'll just be on fire again.

Whats the logic in it?wheres the fun in it?whats the counter? Whats my crew using to clean the decks? gasoline?

Since you are new:

• premium consumables
  • skill your captain to reduce the effects of fire
  • equip your ship to reduce the effects of fire
  • use signals that reduce the effects of fire
  • watch the minimap
  • always ask yourself if moving to a certain position on the map is good for your team (ok, that is quite advanced, but ask this yourself anyway)
  • Cool 14

[CATS]
Players
26,035 posts
14,077 battles
4 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

Yeah was a big topic even 3 years ago (maybe longer) when I quit the game.Still the same ol I guess.

If there is a topic every week for 3 years? there must be a problem though.

No, it means there is always someone new or someone unwilling to learn...

• Cool 8

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,695 battles
7 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

If you are finding yourself permanently on fire then you are playing wrong if you are in a BB, It's usually a sign that you are being a bit too aggressive and over extending, or you just haven't positioned yourself well

• Cool 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,650 battles

Your counter is to use:

Upgrades:

Damage Control System Modification 1 in slot 2

Damage Control System Modification 2 in slot 4

Captain skills:

High alert at tier 2

Basics of Survivability at tier 3

Fire Prevention at tier 4

Signal flags:

"India Yankee" gives -20% to fire duration.

On top on this you'll need to know when to use Dam Con and Heal to get the best results.

Good luck!

• Cool 13

[-TAP-]
Players
269 posts
7,916 battles

Also, to add the usual tip on this one, it's usually a good idea to wait until you've got at least 2 fires on you before using the damage control party (unless you're confident you can get unspotted again immediately and avoid being set on fire/flooded until it's available again).

• Cool 2

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,997 posts
6,394 battles

Fire is not really a problem if your positioning is good.

You should always have something like an escape plan. Don't overextend, don't just go straight forward or backward, if you are an easy target everyone will focus you, especially in a BB (I like those reversing BBs, they are quite easy to hit and burn down). Don't repair if there is only one single fire, always wait until there are at least two fires, if the enemy focusses you it might also help to wait until you got 3 fires before repairing. You should only use DCP for a single fire if you are sure that you won't get much incoming fire for the next minute or if your HP are too low so a single fire will kill you anyways.

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
675 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No, it means there is always someone new or someone unwilling to learn...

Thats why I'm posting my dude,to learn.I did ask what the counter play to it is.

7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

If you are finding yourself permanently on fire then you are playing wrong if you are in a BB, It's usually a sign that you are being a bit too aggressive and over extending, or you just haven't positioned yourself well

This is more than likely my problem although if I hang back I get raged at in chat.I have both the anti fire module and the 10 point captain skill on my US BB's but I'm still on fire from the first shell that hits me.

BTW I know all this basic info like not put out unless there is two fire etc.Watched a ton of vids on the game for years now,just never really played.

All the signal flags etc are expensive/rare for a new guy.Why does it have to have so much investment just to counter one thing and its all passive counters at that.Torps and CV's are annoying but at least I can counter them.

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,997 posts
6,394 battles
Gerade eben, Trooper909 sagte:

Thats why I'm posting my dude,to learn.I did ask what the counter play to it is.

This is more than likely my problem although if I hang back I get raged at in chat.I have both the anti fire module and the 10 point captain skill on my US BB's but I'm still on fire from the first shell that hits me.

Sometimes you are just unlucky, can't avoid that.

If you use premium consumables and be careful with your positioning, a single fire is not really a threat. Keep in mind that you can repair 100% of fire and flooding damage

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
19 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I was about to post the "we have this thread every week comrade" meme, but I actually think this is the first one in a while.

Is this C player or would you call it A or B ? :)

Players
372 posts
5,631 battles
26 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

Some of it can be countered, some can’t.

you only have 500 battles, it’ll come with experience. Don’t push into light cruiser range, be ready to go dark (stop shooting and stay out of your detection range)

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,642 posts
10,063 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

1MNUK6n.png

707430579_FukkenSavedAnimu.jpg.64e2068f187d24da33b4f9d2bd3d5a47.jpg

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,620 battles

Do you mean in Australia?

• Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Do you mean in Australia?

Too soon

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,008 battles
40 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

2 min cool down means you’re not using premium consumable for repair party. Use premium consumables. 

Fires are not an issue unless you put out a single fire and get set on triple perma fire. 

To prevent that - don’t put out a single fire (fire damage can be healed back). Don’t put out a single or double fire while you’re still being spammed (it’s ok to put out triple fire immediately) - try to disengage (ideally without showing full broadside). 

Dont brawl if your repair party and heal are both on cooldown. 

Lastly, try killing the ships that are setting you on fire. AP works best. 

Or stop playing BB and play carriers instead :Smile_trollface:

Players
25 posts
675 battles
1 minute ago, novents said:

2 min cool down means you’re not using premium consumable for repair party. Use premium consumables. 

Fires are not an issue unless you put out a single fire and get set on triple perma fire. 

To prevent that - don’t put out a single fire (fire damage can be healed back). Don’t put out a single or double fire while you’re still being spammed (it’s ok to put out triple fire immediately) - try to disengage (ideally without showing full broadside). 

Dont brawl if you’re repair party and heal are both on cooldown. 

Or stop playing BB and play carriers instead :Smile_trollface:

I'm new,Ain't got credits fo dat.

I actually did play CV for a spell when they was RTS.Also DD but IJN got nerfed to oblivion and CV has had all the good parts taken away and is brain dead now.I guess if I can't beat meat the HE I could become the HE spammer but CC don't really appeal to me since being AA support for the team has effectively been removed from the class.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles
24 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

All the signal flags etc are expensive/rare for a new guy.Why does it have to have so much investment just to counter one thing and its all passive counters at that.Torps and CV's are annoying but at least I can counter them.

Things like the fire prevention signal tend to show up in various drops, event rewards etc, so while it's frustrating to be low on stocks now, it usually isn't a problem when you've played a while. At least not if you mix things up a bit and play different classes. There's little point running the fire prevention signal on a cruiser or destroyer, so if you only use the ones you get when you play BBs and don't only play BBs, you should start to accumulate a few of them.

Same thing with premium DCP and premium heal, those are available as e.g. campaign rewards, so it's possible to get a fair few of them stocked up that way without spending credits.

Captain skills and ship upgrades in conjunction with learning a bit more about positioning helps a lot, though. And it's often not necessary to equip all the stuff all the time. E.g. most of the time in low to mid tiers I don't bother with premium heal, because usually I don't get any real use out of the last charge anyway.

• Cool 1

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,008 battles
8 minutes ago, Trooper909 said:

I'm new,Ain't got credits fo dat.

Really? You’re not making 22,500 credits profit to afford premium damage control/ repair? Even with non-prem account this should be doable. 

Look at it this way - you may survive longer if you run premium consumables. Surviving longer means dealing more damage and usually having a better game / earning more credits. So you invest more to earn more. 

Also I see you have scharnhorst and Massa. Both premiums have decent credit earning potential. Provided you don’t die in the first 5 mins. 

And yes - as other pointed out already - invest in the right modules and captain skills. 

• Cool 2

[HAZEL]
Players
55 posts
6,887 battles

You can reduce Fire Chance with captain skills and Fire Duration with captain skills and flags. I usually only do the fire duration stuff on BBs or CBs but if it annoys you you can do it on any ship. 

I have my Musashi specced for survival and fires only work for 35~ sec instead of the full 60. And i usually only pop Damage Control when i have 3 or more fires or if im no longer getting shot at.