Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_joxxor_

BaseXP Calculation - greater appreciation of Teamplay

11 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
6 posts
7,326 battles

Hallo there,

I can remember an official WG news Article describing which ship class benefits most from what ingame action regarding xp. Sadly I can't find this article anymore. 

i.e. it stated, that Cruisers benefit most from spotting ribbons than all other shipclasses.

Though the general receiption is, that almost all BaseXP is related to damage. Of course you earn some XP for defending and capping. But potential damage or spotting damage is rated not enough. This encourages egoistic play as damage is the most important factor for xp and credits

In order to increase teamplay in random games the calculation should rate potential and spotted damage higher than currently. 

Yesterday I had a game with Z-52, in which I almost did no damage because of 2 Radar-Ships guarding the caps and BBs. Though I managed to get a cap and 80k spotting damage - including indirectly killing a smoked up smolensk with hydro.

Sadly I ended up last with just 800 basexp.

I bet, I am not the first one coming up with these ideas and maybe it's total crap? ;)

bye

joxxor

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,090 posts
16,604 battles

While agree that damage is overvalued, winning, the main indicator for good teamplay, gives 50% bonus base XP + any other bonus for winning.

[-AP-]
Players
9 posts
5,388 battles

More XP for capping and defending might lead to battles close to the capzones and hopefully less camping at the back. 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,993 posts
21,590 battles
3 minutes ago, Ten_ichigo said:

More XP for capping and defending might lead to battles close to the capzones and hopefully less camping at the back. 

Nope, it won't. 

[ALYEN]
Players
3,171 posts
4,508 battles

One problem is this:

Tanking and Spotting

• The following typically contribute less than 15% of total earned credits and base XP.

Also for some reason spotting for a cruiser is more valuable than for a DD where DD is the primary recon ship along with the CV. Basically the two primary recon classes are 2nd and 3rd on the list by XP. While DDs get the most income from spotting DAMAGE. This combination does not make sense.

Basically your 80k spotting damage was equivalent to 20k damage dealt ....

EDIT: Found this gem that may illustrate the problem WG has with understanding the game:

Diversity of activity is rewarded. For instance, a BB that camps at the back doing one task - shooting at long range - will earn less than the BB that accrues the same damage while shooting and also defending a capture point.

That's not diversity of task, defending a cap is just shooting a target for damage. Contesting cap does NOT contribute any XP yet it is the most dangerous CAP defense action typically performed.

[CAIN]
Players
4,993 posts
21,590 battles
1 minute ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

One problem is this:

Also for some reason spotting for a cruiser is more valuable than for a DD where DD is the primary recon ship along with the CV. Basically the two primary recon classes are 2nd and 3rd on the list by XP. While DDs get the most income from spotting DAMAGE. This combination does not make sense.

Basically your 80k spotting damage was equivalent to 20k damage dealt ....

That's because spotting is way more dangerous for Cruisers then  for DDs, di to the difference in concealment.

[ALYEN]
Players
3,171 posts
4,508 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

That's because spotting is way more dangerous for Cruisers then  for DDs, di to the difference in concealment.

That MAY be it, but spotting is NOT the primary role of a Cruiser while it is for a DD. By yor logic, potential damage for DDs should be rewarded more than for BBs as the DD risks more ... so again, does not make sense any way you look at it.

[SVX]
Players
1,529 posts
18,243 battles
18 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

That MAY be it, but spotting is NOT the primary role of a Cruiser while it is for a DD. By yor logic, potential damage for DDs should be rewarded more than for BBs as the DD risks more ... so again, does not make sense any way you look at it.

dont forgett cvs :P i aprove of a huge spotting bonus my planes thank you ;)

[ALYEN]
Players
3,171 posts
4,508 battles
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

dont forgett cvs :P i aprove of a huge spotting bonus my planes thank you ;)

Well that would actually be an incentive for CVs to scout for the team when needed instead of going for damage targets and leaving important enemy ships do their tasks undisturbed ...

However this required that fighters no longer spot ships ;-)

Sign in to follow this