You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

The last time we had similar event like current "British Cruisers" we had nice poll regarding numbered chance of getting ship in advance via random boxes...

70 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,405 posts
15,412 battles

Hi all,

The last time we had similar event like current "British Cruisers" we had nice poll regarding numbered chance of getting ship in advance via random boxes...

I can't find that thread right now... :Smile-angry:

Would it be possible for person who created it then to create it now again? :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I can already tell you that it is worse then a 1:16 chance to get a ship at all.

1:16 is the chance you have for the doubloon packages and they are supposed to offer a better one then the token version.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,405 posts
15,412 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I can already tell you that it is worse then a 1:16 chance to get a ship at all.

1:16 is the chance you have for the doubloon packages and they are supposed to offer a better one then the token version.

IIRC there were 31 possibilities the last time around (i.e. with similar event) and many players did get the ship from that last chance... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[CATS]
Players
26,334 posts
14,178 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

The first doubloon bundle has a chance of 30.77% (4/13) of giving a ship. Depending on outcome the chance for the next bundle will go up or down.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The first doubloon bundle has a chance of 30.77% (4/13) of giving a ship. Depending on outcome the chance for the next bundle will go up or down.

You have to look at the package total of 65 available packages of which any one can drop. Only four of those are ships.

How many different packages there are is of no relevance.

[HOO]
Players
1,890 posts
3,709 battles

Well a clan mate just spent 20k doubloons (believe 65k is max?) and he got the T6 and T8 out of it

Another spent 1k and got the T5

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,334 posts
14,178 battles
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

You have to look at the package total of 65 available packages of which any one can drop. Only four of those are ships.

How many different packages there are is of no relevance.

Ok, from the event desctiption it looked like there were only 13 packages.

With 65, that is too much for most whales.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,979 posts
11,671 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Would you call that high first chance a clever 'hook' by WG to help foster a sense of hype, possibly leading to people trying and trying again for the next ship?

• Cool 2

[SV]
Players
760 posts
11,619 battles

why throw money on something who becomes free in the next patch ? lol

• Cool 10

Players
1,448 posts
6,803 battles

I used to do a statistics poll for the Italian cruisers. I can do something similar. I'm working right now, maybe in the evening. If somebody does it in the meantime, then you should ask the results for the first 5 bundles, in a very simple way.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
345 posts
21,809 battles

RNJesus smiles on me it seems! - looked at the first item received from token drop...going to be Hawkins :-)

So I am in the game with plenty of tokens to go. (I think this is due to me getting absolute crap in the Christmas containers we got in lieu of the usual Xmas Supercontainers)

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

shot-20_01.16_11_10.52-0457.jpg.47560ba32648944cf200aba6ed4a3f61.jpg

Guess I was lucky first bundle. worth 1000 doubloons. Didn't plan to use any doubloons in this event but yeah this was to good to pass. And No I won't buy more bundles for Doubloons only tokens from now.

• Cool 1

[_FK_]
Players
215 posts
5,562 battles
23 minutes ago, albin322 said:

Because the early acces version comes with a premium cammo.

WG did put an incentive in to make people spent money :Smile_smile:

[IAN_H]
Players
1,961 posts
6,603 battles
29 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Ok, from the event desctiption it looked like there were only 13 packages.

With 65, that is too much for most whales.

Yeap, after the PR fiasco I'm not touching this!

23 minutes ago, albin322 said:

For me it was less about the ships and more about all the other stuff which came in the crates, so getting camo's, coal, signals etc was the main driving force rather than the "free" ships which you may/may not get.

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
760 posts
11,619 battles
15 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

yea not worth it, i got 5 perma cammos for tier 8 after the last event no way in hell they are worth it. 

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
760 posts
11,619 battles
15 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Yeap, after the PR fiasco I'm not touching this!

For me it was less about the ships and more about all the other stuff which came in the crates, so getting camo's, coal, signals etc was the main driving force rather than the "free" ships which you may/may not get.

to be honest its a horrible value for what you get in those boxes..........

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,405 posts
15,412 battles

Hi all,

40 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I used to do a statistics poll for the Italian cruisers. I can do something similar. I'm working right now, maybe in the evening. If somebody does it in the meantime, then you should ask the results for the first 5 bundles, in a very simple way.

Thanks... but I don't think it was you... it was a poll about the which random slot you got the ship from!

For example this is what my screen looks like - my 1st random slot is cammo...

dHhuEpF.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

[SHAFT]
Players
9,610 posts
8,867 battles
20 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

I guess it might be useful if you dont have  >1,5k mountable camos in stock :cap_haloween:

Then again, how often do you play T5-6-7 ships, unless they are somewhat special?

And T5-8 perma camos are kinda bad compared to other camos these days ...

Players
3,130 posts
10,626 battles
53 minutes ago, albin322 said:

I never understood why people do that.

For a prem camo on midtier ships? Really....

But i am looking forward to the line though, will just see what tokens/ships i get for just playing. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,405 posts
15,412 battles

Hi all,

Found it... it was @MrFingers!!! :Smile_honoring:

Question now is whether there are infinite number of "Random Bundles" this time around for "British Cruisers" or finite one like we had with "Italian Cruisers" ?

Can someone please verify (i.e. buy one for tokens and see if there is a number of possibilities)?

Leo "Apollo11"

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,521 battles

Hello frens, I don't wanna start new thread, could you just throw me a quick info about AA potental of the new line? Is it better or worse than the Minotaur line.

Players
1,621 posts

point A) Let me ask a question, Q: why would any one not buy the permanent camouflage for a ship they get, does it not make more sense to use the perma camo for financial reasons and for operational efficiency , even on the lower tiers if the ship has one. 

point B) The total package is you buy the 1000 doubloons sections, cost you image.png.f4bc556fd4fa3397ca5b493f9fa8d109.png The way I read this is you get  4 ships + camo and signals + prem account time for 53 euros a ship.

The question do you want the ships?

Musings over morning coffee   

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Question now is whether there are infinite number of bundles this time around for "British Cruisers" or finite one like we had with "Italian Cruisers" ?

The premium bundles are limted. The non-premium ones are endless. They are containers in disguise.