Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Win Exeter – Twitch Drops in 0.9.0

22 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Instead of switching out the ship with each patch, wouldn't it be better to have AND the Makarov as fixed reward, AND a various ship depending the flavour? If you already had the varying ship, you'd get the Makarov (instead of worthless credits). 

Then again, that would mean a sign of generosity towards the players, and we can't have that happening.

• Cool 2

[NSAF]
Players
39 posts
7,756 battles

so let me see if i got this right, if i i watch your stream tonight, i get the exeter in a container 100%? or is it random draw?

• Funny 2

[HOO]
3,242 posts
1 minute ago, kenny212 said:

random draw

random draw: ~1% of your twitch drop becoming an epic drop with a ship in it.

[NSAF]
Players
39 posts
7,756 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

random draw: ~1% of your twitch drop becoming an epic drop with a ship in it.

so basically..no chance, no point in watching.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
1 hour ago, kenny212 said:

so basically..no chance, no point in watching.

It's even worse as you only have 5 chances per patch.

WG could give Scrooge a run for the money.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
49 minutes ago, kenny212 said:

so let me see if i got this right, if i i watch your stream tonight, i get the exeter in a container 100%? or is it random draw?

It's separate - you get a container with the mentioned rewards - on top of that you have a chance of getting the ship, but it's a rare chance. If you're watching our stream tonight in full length, you'll definitely get our new mission and it's very likely that you'll get a container, too.

28 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

It's even worse as you only have 5 chances per patch.

WG could give Scrooge a run for the money.

That isn't true. There is a limit to 5x Twitch containers per month - and it's free stuff. If you don't feel like it's worth your effort to join Warships streams and get some free stuff on top of that, that's absolutely fine and your choice.

Greetings, Crysantos

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
21 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

That isn't true. There is a limit to 5x Twitch containers per month - and it's free stuff.

Here's your article directly quoted:

A special Twitch container delivered straight to your Port when watching streams⁠—no strings attached! 

• You can receive up to five of these during Update 0.9.0 

It's not 5 per month, it's 5 per patch as I said. So either you are in error or the article was written wrong.

• Funny 1

[NSAF]
Players
39 posts
7,756 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

It's not 5 per month, it's 5 per patch as I said. So either you are in error or the article was written wrong.

caught WG with their pants down with that one..thumbs up.

[NSAF]
Players
39 posts
7,756 battles

to be honest, with everything that's happened the last few month's, the players who still play the game and PAY for premium time to play the game, should be getting something out of it, more then just some random assortment of flags, the so called "rewards" so far have been like 3 of certain flags..that's 3 battles....and usually their flags that people dont use either.

the WoT team are awesome when it comes to rewards, this month we got a tier 7 premium just by playing, no premium account or anything needed, just play the game, win some matches, earn a certain number of reward tokens (3000 for the end reward which was the tier 7 premium tank Panther / M10) you can earn like..220 tokens a day i believe, would be great to have those kind of rewards in WoWS aswell, it would bring players back to the game fast, but having to watch a stream and not even knowing if your lucky to get something actually good from it and call that a reward, that's stretching it abit.

i went back to WoT after having a break for some month's because of the PR disaster, and honestly i see no point in returning to WoWS anytime soon since WoT rewards it's playerbase much more.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
15 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yes, like I said this is true for the Twitch containers, not for the Epic Drop. They are separate things. You can get both - a regular drop doesn't turn into an epic drop. Per month / update is pretty much the same since all updates last roughly 4 weeks. For last update we upped it to 6 because the update lasted one week longer, so I wanted to compensate for this.

6 minutes ago, kenny212 said:

caught WG with their pants down with that one..thumbs up.

No, he just misunderstands how it works.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[NSAF]
Players
39 posts
7,756 battles
22 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

A special Twitch container delivered straight to your Port when watching streams⁠—no strings attached! 

• You can receive up to five of these during Update 0.9.0 

4 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Yes, like I said this is true for the Twitch containers, not for the Epic Drop. They are separate things. You can get both - a regular drop doesn't turn into an epic drop. Per month / update is pretty much the same since all updates last roughly 4 weeks. For last update we upped it to 6 because the update lasted one week longer, so I wanted to compensate for this.

No, he just misunderstands how it works.

Greetings, Crysantos

seems pretty straight forward to me Crysantos.

if people misunderstand something like that, it would be great to have it clarified and made more obvious.

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
12 minutes ago, kenny212 said:

seems pretty straight forward to me Crysantos.

if people misunderstand something like that, it would be great to have it clarified and made more obvious.

Well they have two different names and also the Epic Drops has this description:

Twitch Epic Drops

A Premium ship delivered straight to your Port when watching streams.

• Can be obtained only once per viewer.

Not sure how you can read into this that a container drops this, we even list the contents of the Twitch container. I'll see how we can make this more obvious but I thought it is already very clear. We also created a Guide video for it that explains it step by step:

Greetings, Crysantos

WG Staff
    3,347 posts
    14,083 battles
    4 minutes ago, kenny212 said:

im just gonna give up on this and go back to WoT.

Sorry but I don't understand what your issue is with the Twitch Drops - I tried my best to clarify the difference between these Drops so you can understand how they work. If you think the rewards for watching streams (which you don't get on WoT atm) isn't good enough for you to do it, that's absolutely fine and your choice. There is plenty of free stuff to get in Warships at the moment - you get daily shipments, daily containers and missions, we also have easy directives that you can use to get random bundles containing flags, camos, early access ships and more. Plus all the premium and reward ships you can get through the Armory.

What game you play is up to you - but Warships offers a ton of free content.

[NSAF]
    Players
    39 posts
    7,756 battles
    12 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

free content you say..heh..ye..not like WoT.

Players
    31 posts
    1,953 battles

So in the recon of Battle Star Galactica 

It survived by not having all it's software linked

This is just a baby step towards linking all our systems :)

[BYOB]
    [BYOB]
    Players
    4,474 posts
    19,719 battles
    1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Like the Puerto Rico?

• Funny 6

[ODB]
    Alpha Tester
    2,966 posts
    11,628 battles

Just a thought:

I'd like WG to change the way they advertise the article to something more transparent and truthful - this way they cannot be accused of creating hype and preying on vulnerabilities - because to follow Twitch, link accounts and watch Twitch as much as some do (and even I've started which I never said I would) is rather all inequitable, with WG benefitting far more from the deal in terms of popularity, etc compared to the extremely low value of the containers themselves. I'd rather have regular twitch containers be a little more rare, but with more vauable items inside as standard, not a chance within a chance within a chance, slashing the odds to basically never getting anything. In this sense, WG are dirty little cheats conning the playerbase and creating fake news and hype around distant, near impossible odds. The new article title should read:

Win Exeter (although extremely unlikely) - Twitch Drops in 0.9.0

All we want is a little truth and honesty, and a little integrity. We're players and sometimes overly needy, but we're not stupid. Some are old, wise and fairly well educated (me excluded).

• Cool 1

[HOB]
    1,798 posts
    7,480 battles

What is a compensation when we have Exeter in port? Or is it zero chance to get her?

[HOO]
    3,242 posts
    3 minutes ago, Silentraz said:

What is a compensation when we have Exeter in port?

Credits, always credits.

[HOB]
    1,798 posts
    7,480 battles
    1 minutę temu, MrFingers napisał:

Credits, always credits.

At least anything. They could give 0% chance for owners.

Sign in to follow this