You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Remove caps for T4 CVs

52 comments in this topic

Players
6,364 posts
10,604 battles

That was the result of a think-tank we had earlier. Unless WG touches T4 CVs, the only thing, the current soft/hard cap of 2/3 ensures, is, that there are always some surface ships to pick on. The queue often enough looks like 20/4/2/8 for CV/BB/CL/DD, sometimes resulting in games with only 8vs8 or even less and still 3 CVs. So lets go, make it all CVs.

Players
1,640 posts
18,254 battles

I would be completely in favour of CV only games,  as clearly the CV mechanics are fine according to WG at least,  all involved will have a very fun and engaging experience.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,209 posts
7,726 battles

I would actually Support that Suggestion as a General thing.

Back in Navyfield. They had a Simple Fix for Class Overplaying.

You simply had Rooms for Classes.

So in WoWs this could actually work as well.

First we Create 6 New Possible Map Modes.

Blitzkrieg = Which uses the Maps that were used in the 1 vs 1 Ranked Sprint. Working as a 6 vs 6 Battlemode with Increased Rewards of course. And which only Allows Cruisers and DDs.

Capital Battle = Which uses Ocean Map and other very Large very Open Maps. Working as a 10 vs 10 Battlemode with Increased Rewards of course. And which only Allows CVs and Battleships.

And then one Extra Battlemode only Allowing one Class Each.

So DD, CA, BB and CV Duels.

Always set as a 6 vs 6 on a Smaller Map with Central Capture Point.

This way. If Certain Classes go above Level X and Start annoying the Matchmaker by Forcing him to make Matches where you got more Ships of one Class than you got Ships of the other Classes Combined.

The Matchmaker can Just Dump a Bunch of these Ships into a Match to Reduce that Class clogging up Matches.

• Cool 9

Players
348 posts
2,100 battles
44 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I would actually Support that Suggestion as a General thing.

Back in Navyfield. They had a Simple Fix for Class Overplaying.

You simply had Rooms for Classes.

So in WoWs this could actually work as well.

First we Create 6 New Possible Map Modes.

Blitzkrieg = Which uses the Maps that were used in the 1 vs 1 Ranked Sprint. Working as a 6 vs 6 Battlemode with Increased Rewards of course. And which only Allows Cruisers and DDs.

Capital Battle = Which uses Ocean Map and other very Large very Open Maps. Working as a 10 vs 10 Battlemode with Increased Rewards of course. And which only Allows CVs and Battleships.

And then one Extra Battlemode only Allowing one Class Each.

So DD, CA, BB and CV Duels.

Always set as a 6 vs 6 on a Smaller Map with Central Capture Point.

This way. If Certain Classes go above Level X and Start annoying the Matchmaker by Forcing him to make Matches where you got more Ships of one Class than you got Ships of the other Classes Combined.

The Matchmaker can Just Dump a Bunch of these Ships into a Match to Reduce that Class clogging up Matches.

That's an excellent idea +1

[MORIA]
Players
7,319 posts
36,136 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Or better yet, people STOP playing T4 CVs all the time. Which would be the ideal situation.

Yao Ming PFF 29072019155026.jpg

• Funny 12

Players
3,229 posts

Remove caps, I hate games without caps, one sure way to confuse the playerbase is a map without caps, no one knows where to go,but talking of caps, why is it when you have three in a row, A B and C, either everyone goes for B, or everyone goes to the other two leaving B totally open?

• Funny 5

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

no, sometimes there are more CVs in the queue than other classes COMBINED!

More often than sometimes... oftentimes? ^^

31.jpg

• Funny 3

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,174 posts
23,780 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

If you wanna be really mean, make a CV only game if numbers exceed 6 CVs per game. This would really be the best solution. Let them battle it out between each other :cap_haloween:

This is not mean, but fair and correct. 

I find it amazing how WG thinking works. On one hand, they are desperate to attract new players, and on the other hand they allow these sealclubbing CVs to ruin tiers 3-4. Fun and engaging for the new players! 

WG still does not understand how much the idiotic "succesful“ CV rework has harmed the playerbase and the life duration of this game. 

• Cool 6

Players
264 posts
13,776 battles
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I know what you are thinking now, but before you get a heart attack, read it first :Smile_Default:

What does the current Soft/Hard cap actually do? With the amount of CVs in the queue, you are ensured to have 4 CVs constantly in the game, and more than occasionally even a 6 CV game. Does that help? no, sometimes there are more CVs in the queue than other classes COMBINED!

So what would happen, if we just remove the caps?

Then we get games with 20 CVs in it - who cares? Whether there are 4 or 18 surface ships in the game, CVs will ALWAYS attack one of those. But if you remove the limits, CVs can battle it out between themselves for the next 20 minutes.

And this wont be much fun for those sealclubbing CV players either.

- Either we get rid of those CVs for a short period of time, having SOME games in between with less CVs

- Or better yet, people STOP playing T4 CVs all the time. Which would be the ideal situation.

- If you wanna be really mean, make a CV only game if numbers exceed 6 CVs per game. This would really be the best solution. Let them battle it out between each other :cap_haloween:

WG should really try that out. If CV numbers dont drop, its a win-win situation.

There is a bit of logic to this as many of those playing t4 cv tend to be people grinding up a line. If there were no limits for a bit then the backlog that is forcing 3v3 cv would eventually dissipate. I support this idea because I miss playing my Iwaki. 

Players
10 posts

Some sort of restricted access back to lower tiers should be implemented in general. It's really messed up to play with few hundred games experience against players who have thousands games and 19 point captains and all other possible resources in use. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,521 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

I find it amazing how WG thinking works. On one hand, they are desperate to attract new players, and on the other hand they allow these sealclubbing CVs to ruin tiers 3-4. Fun and engaging for the new players! 

Yes, this boggles the mind. 
I don't get why they just don't reduce the torpedoes back to one per plane - that would be a good start.

2 hours ago, AllhailMrJ said:

Some sort of restricted access back to lower tiers should be implemented in general. It's really messed up to play with few hundred games experience against players who have thousands games and 19 point captains and all other possible resources in use. 

How is your idea compatible with the new research bureau? I'm one of these "sealclubbers" but that's only because WG forces me to grind Research Points. (Rest assured I use all the XP flags and camo I have to shorten the tier 4 hell as much as possible).

Torping a clueless DD is fun for the first few times, but it quickly becomes a sad sight. You can almost FEEL the player quitting the game after such slaughter.
It's dumb and it's unhealthy for the game.

Players
1,528 posts
14,220 battles

Yesterday I went to play low tier a bit after a long time, just to see what it's like atm. I didn't even realize how bad it is with all the CV's. Holy crap, there's almost always more CV's in q than anything else.. getting just 1 CV per side is a miracle, it's almost always at least 2. A lot of them being seal clubbing Hoshos, ofc. In what universe is this good? WG, you realize that if your new players have to go through hordes of seal clubbing Hoshos, your chances of actually retaining these players long enough to make some money off of them drops, right? They kind of need to get through these tiers which are an absolute s**tshow right now. On the bright side, most of those clubbers are kind of bad and have bad stats in anything but their t4 farm machines, so you can usually ruin their games, but new players are going to have an absolutely horrible time with them. Honestly, just nerf the t4 CV's, Hosho in particular. If it stops being this easy to farm with they'll likely stop doing it, these people are after no-skill thrills, make a ship require skill to do well in and they'll move on.

• Cool 4

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I know what you are thinking now, but before you get a heart attack, read it first :Smile_Default:

What does the current Soft/Hard cap actually do? With the amount of CVs in the queue, you are ensured to have 4 CVs constantly in the game, and more than occasionally even a 6 CV game. Does that help? no, sometimes there are more CVs in the queue than other classes COMBINED!

So what would happen, if we just remove the caps?

Then we get games with 20 CVs in it - who cares? Whether there are 4 or 18 surface ships in the game, CVs will ALWAYS attack one of those. But if you remove the limits, CVs can battle it out between themselves for the next 20 minutes.

And this wont be much fun for those sealclubbing CV players either.

- Either we get rid of those CVs for a short period of time, having SOME games in between with less CVs

- Or better yet, people STOP playing T4 CVs all the time. Which would be the ideal situation.

- If you wanna be really mean, make a CV only game if numbers exceed 6 CVs per game. This would really be the best solution. Let them battle it out between each other :cap_haloween:

WG should really try that out. If CV numbers dont drop, its a win-win situation.

and on Ocean map :-) let them roast ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
10 posts
44 minutes ago, Blixies said:

How is your idea compatible with the new research bureau? I'm one of these "sealclubbers" but that's only because WG forces me to grind Research Points. (Rest assured I use all the XP flags and camo I have to shorten the tier 4 hell as much as possible).

Torping a clueless DD is fun for the first few times, but it quickly becomes a sad sight. You can almost FEEL the player quitting the game after such slaughter.
It's dumb and it's unhealthy for the game.

I don't know, but in this form game in unplayable for newcomers at tiers 3-4 just because most of the ships have no way to protect themself. 40 and over aa in every ship maybe...

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles

Hmm ... maybe there should be Captain limits on tiers ? basically if you want to play T4 you cannot use a captain with more than 6 points allocated, 10 points for T6, 15 for T8 etc .... that way the clubbing potential is limited to player skill (which is still huge but some limits are in place).

• Bad 1

Players
1,528 posts
14,220 battles
10 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Hmm ... maybe there should be Captain limits on tiers ? basically if you want to play T4 you cannot use a captain with more than 6 points allocated, 10 points for T6, 15 for T8 etc .... that way the clubbing potential is limited to player skill (which is still huge but some limits are in place).

I honestly doubt this would help with hosho 'clubbers, you don't actually need that many points in it to farm newcomers with ease. 

Players
372 posts
5,678 battles
9 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Remove caps, I hate games without caps, one sure way to confuse the playerbase is a map without caps, no one knows where to go,but talking of caps, why is it when you have three in a row, A B and C, either everyone goes for B, or everyone goes to the other two leaving B totally open?

Wouldn’t worry about it, half the time people ignore the caps anyway. Had a game last night where only one of 3 caps was taken until the 17th minute when I took one solo (in a cv, ofcourse)

• Cool 1

Players
1,528 posts
14,220 battles
9 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Uhh the OP was about removing the caps on the amount of CV's allowed per side when forming teams, not about removing capture points.

• Cool 1

[TNEMP]
Players
330 posts
2,479 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I honestly doubt this would help with hosho 'clubbers, you don't actually need that many points in it to farm newcomers with ease. 

Agree, with decent CV skills you can do it with 0 captain skills even.
The most vital captain skills are mostly for more durability of your planes, but with near nonexistent levels of AA, you don't really need to worry about that (plus, the Hosho regens planes way too fast anyway).

Reverting back to single drop torps and a concealment nerf on the Hosho would imo be more of a substantial nerf, especially for seal clubbers (like the Hermes plays now).

The way seal clubbing generally works is that the strong Hosho players often drive up near to the front to shorten flight times, and they can get away with it too due to Hoshos ridiculous concealment (compared to the less popular Hermes/Langley).
Newer players on the other hand tend to chicken out and sail back into the corner, and as such nerfing Hosho concealment won't affect them too much (still a nerf, but less so for beginners, while it would also teach valuable lessons about safety which the current Hosho doesn't).

[BONE]
Players
9 posts
4,018 battles

As one of those captains playing the Hosho: a problem in this case is that there is no tier 5 CV. I want to go to the next carrier, but that takes 68000 XP, which is quite a lot. So now i am forced to play a lot of Hosho games to advance trough the techtree and i think a lot of players have this problem, making tier 4 an overpopulated cv-tier.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
36 minutes ago, Ten_ichigo said:

As one of those captains playing the Hosho: a problem in this case is that there is no tier 5 CV. I want to go to the next carrier, but that takes 68000 XP, which is quite a lot. So now i am forced to play a lot of Hosho games to advance trough the techtree and i think a lot of players have this problem, making tier 4 an overpopulated cv-tier.

this is also the reason why there are many more CV games now ... since CVs are matched 1:1, the matchmaker does have a much easier job now ....

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,801 posts
19,532 battles
49 minutes ago, Ten_ichigo said:

i think a lot of players have this problem, making tier 4 an overpopulated cv-tier.

This is untrue. Low tier CVs used to be immensely unpopular. It was only after they buffed Langley and Hosho to be seal clubbing machines that their numbers exploded.

Thus the logical conclusion is that low tiers is kept alive by seal clubbing and nothing else.