Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Name one developer who have broken more promises than WG.

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

No caliber bigger than 460 mm. Check.
No submarines. Check.
No ships similar to Kutuzov. Check.
No tier X ships for cash. Check.

Did I forget anything major?

How do you guys feel about this?
If a promise from WG could be weighted in sheise, how much would it weight?

  • Cool 10
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,061 battles

I dunno - the game industry is full of competitors to WG in terms of 'say one thing and do another'.

 

EA - enough said. 

Star Citizen - due for release hopefully before the thermal death of the universe. 

Bethesda

Blizzard Activision 

Gaijin on *the other game*

MW5 being promised as being on Steam - then bam! - Epic Exclusive

We could be here a while....

 

How about a better question - Name a Game Developer which HASN'T broken their promises?

 

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
542 posts
3,394 battles

EA or Bethesda comes to mind.

but its probably a close match between them and WG.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

No caliber bigger than 460 mm. Check.
No submarines. Check.
No ships similar to Kutuzov. Check.
No tier X ships for cash. Check.

Did I forget anything major?

How do you guys feel about this?
If a promise from WG could be weighted in sheise, how much would it weight?

I don't care to be honest. 

I think subs are great. 

 

On other hand I just can not understand peoples why they cling to a game that bring then so much anger and disappointment. 

 

This forum has like 30 so negative guys it is unbelievable that they are still here and not playing something that brings them joy. 

  • Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts

EA is lucky WG isn't an American company, otherwise their crown of "worst American company" might have been in danger.

 

But seriously, EA, Bethesda and Activision Blizzard are still worse than WG. Not necessarily on telling lies, but very well on being scumbags.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

I don't care to be honest. 

I think subs are great. 

 

On other hand I just can not understand peoples why they cling to a game that bring then so much anger and disappointment. 

 

This forum has like 30 so negative guys it is unbelievable that they are still here and not playing something that brings them joy. 

I still love the game, but that does not mean I have to like every broken promise, does it?
But you're right, I do complain a lot, but it is not because I hate the game, quite the contrary.

Some people don't care - that's alright.
Some people put trust a bit higher on the ladder of priorities.

Call me old school, call me a nagger, call me entitled, I don't mind.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
22 hours ago, veslingr said:

On other hand I just can not understand peoples why they cling to a game that bring then so much anger and disappointment. 

 

This forum has like 30 so negative guys it is unbelievable that they are still here and not playing something that brings them joy. 

I am playing something that brings me joy: WOWS.

The game does not bring me any anger and disappointment (though the teammates often try...). WG does.

 

I've said it before, but apparently I'll have to say it again: disliking WG =/= disliking WOWS

Edited by Bellegar
People didn't get it. Maybe size does matter...
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
9 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I dunno - the game industry is full of competitors to WG in terms of 'say one thing and do another'.

 

EA - enough said. 

Star Citizen - due for release hopefully before the thermal death of the universe. 

Bethesda

Blizzard Activision 

Gaijin on *the other game*

MW5 being promised as being on Steam - then bam! - Epic Exclusive

We could be here a while....

 

How about a better question - Name a Game Developer which HASN'T broken their promises?

 

 

Grinding Gear Games as far as I know. Despite being owned by a Chinese Moloch, their integrity still stands.

Can't bring you more examples, as my gaming interests are quite narrow.

Also, what promises did Blizzard break, by the way? (Genuine question).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
10 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

How about a better question - Name a Game Developer which HASN'T broken their promises?

I can name two companies that have highly dedicated communities, make great games and which listen to their player base: Frontier, creators of Elite dangerous and Respawn entertainment, creators of Titanfall and Apex legends (also new SW games)

Dunno about breaking promises, I'm guessing they did it at one point. maybe, maybe not. But one thing is for sure, devs from those companies regularly visit forums/reddit and listen to what players have to say. And I can assure you their responses are not: "just dodge" or "my spreadsheet says you are having fun".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,676 posts
20,807 battles

I couldn't care less about promises made. That's such a childish way of looking at this game and the company creating it. I care about one thing: having fun playing ships. Not lootboxes, not grinds, nope, ships. And the funfactor took a few giant dips for me personally last year. That's why I'm having fun with mechs instead for now :D

  • Cool 4
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
18 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Grinding Gear Games as far as I know. Despite being owned by a Chinese Moloch, their integrity still stands.

Can't bring you more examples, as my gaming interests are quite narrow.

Also, what promises did Blizzard break, by the way? (Genuine question).

There are some decent Chinese people you know lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
8 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I couldn't care less about promises made. That's such a childish way of looking at this game and the company creating it. I care about one thing: having fun playing ships. Not lootboxes, not grinds, nope, ships. And the funfactor took a few giant dips for me personally last year. That's why I'm having fun with mechs instead for now :D

Are you sure you have worded your thought correctly?

If trustworthines is childish, I dread to think what values you consider mature.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts

Also there's Peter Molyneux.

It's been more quiet recently, but he has spewed some weird sh1t half a decade ago. It was almost to the point of delusional.

 

That cube thing he did was really something next level, if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,676 posts
20,807 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Are you sure you have worded your thought correctly?

If a trustworthines is childish, I dread to think what values you consider mature.

I might have put it off a bit, but it is what it is: getting upset about a new ship having bigger guns then Yammi because WG promised they wouldn't is... I don't know, a 4 year old throwing a tantrum over a promised lollipop. I can't think of a more unimportant issue with this game currently to be honest.

 

If a broken calibre promise is worth throwing a fit over, what about promotions of gambling in a 7+ rated game? Being pissed about that is what I call mature.

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,520 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, Blixies said:

No caliber bigger than 460 mm. Check.
No submarines. Check.
No ships similar to Kutuzov. Check.
No tier X ships for cash. Check.

Did I forget anything major?

How do you guys feel about this?
If a promise from WG could be weighted in sheise, how much would it weight?

we wont ever sell the mutant again check.

i think even no tier 9 premiums as well.

 

Cant remember anything else myself.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
6 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

we wont ever sell the mutant again check.

i think even no tier 9 premiums as well.

 

Cant remember anything else myself.

 

 

Also the "never T10 for money" stuff

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,717 battles
49 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

EA for sure, they killed Call of Duty.

 

And Sim City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,027 posts
22,308 battles

Well, they might not be the worst, but they look like they decided to really go for nr. 1 in that category fast.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,193 posts
20,211 battles

Clearly we can see that Wargaming guarantees, guarantee nothing (credit to anyone who gets the film I'm paraphrasing from), so the key thing is to remember this fact should they ever promise anything in the future. 

 

Whilst in an ideal world we would like to think when a company makes a pledge we can believe them it's hardly unusual for companies to be untrustworthy. So with that it mind when dealing with any company the best advice is buyer beware, think carefully before you buy and really check the fine details before spending money. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
2,367 posts
4,202 battles
58 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Grinding Gear Games as far as I know. Despite being owned by a Chinese Moloch, their integrity still stands.

Can't bring you more examples, as my gaming interests are quite narrow.

Also, what promises did Blizzard break, by the way? (Genuine question).

CDPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
2,367 posts
4,202 battles
30 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

we wont ever sell the mutant again check.

i think even no tier 9 premiums as well.

 

Cant remember anything else myself.

 

 

no radar on anything but cruisers ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
23 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I might have put it off a bit, but it is what it is: getting upset about a new ship having bigger guns then Yammi because WG promised they wouldn't is... I don't know, a 4 year old throwing a tantrum over a promised lollipop. I can't think of a more unimportant issue with this game currently to be honest.

 

If a broken calibre promise is worth throwing a fit over, what about promotions of gambling in a 7+ rated game? Being pissed about that is what I call mature.

Tantrum? Fit?
If trust is not important to you, that's fine, but please, don't try to exaggerate my OP. I wanted to see peoples opinion, which I did.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,160 posts
18,208 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

No caliber bigger than 460 mm. Check.
No submarines. Check.
No ships similar to Kutuzov. Check.
No tier X ships for cash. Check.

Did I forget anything major?

How do you guys feel about this?
If a promise from WG could be weighted in sheise, how much would it weight?

Dont care so about promises broken as long as it does not mess the game up.

Only #3 (smolensk) does that in any concievable way as enough players have failed their way to tier X to make the selling of tier X ships a moot point. Since for now the tier X'es are reward ships, subject to rebalancing, we arn't a risk of a Missouri/Belfast/Kutuzov situation in competitive.

1 hour ago, veslingr said:

This forum has like 30 so negative guys it is unbelievable that they are still here and not playing something that brings them joy. 

You are right. I enjoyed WoWs, so far.

 

It doesn't prevent me from expressing relevant criticism when WG changes the game in a way that negatively impacts my enjoyment, especially when i cannot be ignored.  I'd like to keep enjoying this game, but I dont think I will play it for very much longer because of all the BS monetization going on now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×