You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kiwi1960

To give away: A CLAN!

25 comments in this topic

Players
1,494 posts
14,076 battles

I find myself going offtopic with you once again, but I just wanted to say - I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues, and fingers crossed on the experimental meds getting you out of this. Best of luck, and hang in there. Hope to argue with you many times more over various offtopic and irrelevant issues in the future :) 

• Cool 9

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
18 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I find myself going offtopic with you once again, but I just wanted to say - I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues, and fingers crossed on the experimental meds getting you out of this. Best of luck, and hang in there. Hope to argue with you many times more over various offtopic and irrelevant issues in the future :) 

I hope so too! Off topic is OK provided its still related to the first post... in this case, it is...

But a Bumble bee has NOTHING to do with the Lion being a good or bad ship. :)

Thanks for your kind words.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Good Luck,  mate, I pray you will win this fight, be strong in your spirit, there is the first battle.

I am an old dude, incapacitated ( I can only use one hand, and I play this game like that since Beta, also ) and I can imagine a bit how hard can be for you...  Try to live a day each time,  have Hope, and remember Miracles still happen.... I wish you the best, and have a big hug from Portugal !

• Cool 2

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles

I wouldn't ask for your clan. It needs to go to someone who would be able to do it justice. I don't think I'm that guy.

I would, however, like to express my sincere regret at your condition; I don't know if I could be as brave as you clearly are. 

I wish you all the good fortune and strength in the world! Keep fighting, man.

Sending good thoughts and karma from the UK.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,968 posts
11,636 battles
2 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Good Luck,  mate, I pray you will win this fight, be strong in your spirit, there is the first battle.

I am an old dude, incapacitated ( I can only use one hand, and I play this game like that since Beta, also ) and I can imagine a bit how hard can be for you...  Try to live a day each time,  have Hope, and remember Miracles still happen.... I wish you the best, and have a big hug from Portugal !

I've learned a lesson from this post and from the OP, a personal reflection on how intolerant and prejudicial I can be and am. We play this game and so quickly judge people in our team or the opposite team as noobs, useless, bots, and Puerto Rico buyers (last part has to become a new distinction - hehe) - we do this when we perceive them to not be playing as we do, not to our standard,  have more money than us, or are still alive even though we are dead.

Yes, some people are these things and more, but how do we know the guy sitting on the other side somewhere hasn't got cancer or a disability. And no, I'm not saying people with disabilities or cancer etc play badly, it's simply a reference to prejudice I am making. What do we really hope to change by raging or wishing someone cancer or to die from Aids or for their parents and family to be killed (I can rage and swear but I never do these other things - it's a line too bad to cross) Even so, I made a choice a few days ago to try be far more tolerant, patient and kind after throwing a hissy fit at a car in front of me who stopped at a green light and drove through an intersection when it turned red. I was in a hurry.

So thanks OP and SEN_SEN for reminding us how lucky we are and to perhaps calm down and consider the possibilities. When my current chat ban is over, whatever chatban I get after this won't be deserved (not all are, but hey, sometimes I deserve it) :Smile-_tongue:

Cheers!

• Cool 6

[TACHA]
Players
1,414 posts
15,620 battles

Best of luck - have several patients who have lived with lung cancer for many years - I hope you manage the same. My family are also from New Zealand but my grandfather came here to study medicine and stayed. Interesting drug - I take it that you have the EGFR mutation? I live close to one of the cancer centres in the UK and this group of drugs is rapidly coming to the fore. Once again good luck and I hope you sink many more of us for years to come.

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
5 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

I wouldn't ask for your clan. It needs to go to someone who would be able to do it justice. I don't think I'm that guy.

I would, however, like to express my sincere regret at your condition; I don't know if I could be as brave as you clearly are. 

I wish you all the good fortune and strength in the world! Keep fighting, man.

Sending good thoughts and karma from the UK.

Thank you for you nice words. Truth is, I'm a realist... my doctor was gobsmacked when he told me I had cancer and I replied... "Fine, so what do we do now...."

He told me later that EVERYONE always asks how long they have or how bad it is or... whatever. My reply to that was "I have as much time as I have, and I doubt you can tell me the date and time I'll die... "

I promised my wife 15 more years.... THAT is another story and worth telling.... but not now. I... no.. *WE* have a clan to give away, everyone should ask a non clanned member of the forums about this thread.

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I've learned a lesson from this post and from the OP, a personal reflection on how intolerant and prejudicial I can be and am. We play this game and so quickly judge people in our team or the opposite team as noobs, useless, bots, and Puerto Rico buyers (last part has to become a new distinction - hehe) - we do this when we perceive them to not be playing as we do, not to our standard,  have more money than us, or are still alive even though we are dead.

Yes, some people are these things and more, but how do we know the guy sitting on the other side somewhere hasn't got cancer or a disability. And no, I'm not saying people with disabilities or cancer etc play badly, it's simply a reference to prejudice I am making. What do we really hope to change by raging or wishing someone cancer or to die from Aids or for their parents and family to be killed (I can rage and swear but I never do these other things - it's a line too bad to cross) Even so, I made a choice a few days ago to try be far more tolerant, patient and kind after throwing a hissy fit at a car in front of me who stopped at a green light and drove through an intersection when it turned red. I was in a hurry.

So thanks OP and SEN_SEN for reminding us how lucky we are and to perhaps calm down and consider the possibilities. When my current chat ban is over, whatever chatban I get after this won't be deserved (not all are, but hey, sometimes I deserve it) :Smile-_tongue:

Cheers!

Never judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes....

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
5 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

Best of luck - have several patients who have lived with lung cancer for many years - I hope you manage the same. My family are also from New Zealand but my grandfather came here to study medicine and stayed. Interesting drug - I take it that you have the EGFR mutation? I live close to one of the cancer centres in the UK and this group of drugs is rapidly coming to the fore. Once again good luck and I hope you sink many more of us for years to come.

Challenge accepted....  :Smile_trollface: (although, I'm taking a break form the game! My wife and I are going on holiday for four days to Antwerp (in February) ... I have NEVER been there. Its our 5th wedding anniversary, Then in June, its off to New York))

Yes, I think so, regarding the mutation. Along with the cancer, I also have multiple scleroses and with it, a mild form of MS induced dementia. I cannot remember being told that, about the EGFR mutation, but its sounds familiar... I think. 

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
24 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Please could everyone help me find a worthy recipient for the clan....

I'd appreciate it.

Your offer is very nice, but the timing is not the best. 

Most of the small clans have a hard time gathering enough decent players for clanbattles - 7 is a big number right now, while WG is experimenting with 8, 9 or 12 players, as usually completely out of touch with the reality. 

CV rework and some other wonderful WG ideas made many players leave or at least take a break. After the recent insane grind, many players will take a break, too. 

Best luck though! 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

Best of luck, OP. Sorry to hear about your health problems, but I really hope there's something out there to get you better.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,802 posts
7,356 battles

Man... that is an awful story - but at the same time, you sort of seem happy'/content. Sort of.

Well I cant run a clan, and I just want to wish you enjoy the time you have left. 

if I find someone worthy I'll sure point them here.

• Cool 2

Players
121 posts
3,345 battles

Fair Wings & Following Seas Ahead Skipper, keep the flag high and full steam towads unknown with smile on your face and fight the kraken if it dares to raise his ugly visage from depths!

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

Your offer is very nice, but the timing is not the best. 

Most of the small clans have a hard time gathering enough decent players for clanbattles - 7 is a big number right now, while WG is experimenting with 8, 9 or 12 players, as usually completely out of touch with the reality. 

CV rework and some other wonderful WG ideas made many players leave or at least take a break. After the recent insane grind, many players will take a break, too. 

Best luck though! 

Then run it as a WOLF clan, not to fight battles... but to get the perks, cheaper ships, lower maintenance costs, more XP... etc etc...

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Man... that is an awful story - but at the same time, you sort of seem happy'/content. Sort of.

Well I cant run a clan, and I just want to wish you enjoy the time you have left. 

if I find someone worthy I'll sure point them here.

Excuse me.... but I plan to live forever.... its the ONLY way to live. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BBMM]
Players
5,802 posts
7,356 battles
19 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Excuse me.... but I plan to live forever.... its the ONLY way to live. :Smile_teethhappy:

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

Players
3,223 posts

Sorry to hear of your health issues dude, having read the posts here I am some what struck as what to say, my alt is already in a clan but then I would not be worthy of taking over any clan, hope you find someone worthy..

• Cool 1

Players
1,627 posts
18,195 battles

Although I would be extremely unqualified for running a clan, I wish you the best of luck with the treatment your getting and I admire your attitude and resolve. Hope to see you in battle sometime captain. 

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
11 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Sorry to hear of your health issues dude, having read the posts here I am some what struck as what to say, my alt is already in a clan but then I would not be worthy of taking over any clan, hope you find someone worthy..

Pish! Everyone is worthy in this game.... you are only limited by your own assumed limitations....

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
9 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Although I would be extremely unqualified for running a clan, I wish you the best of luck with the treatment your getting and I admire your attitude and resolve. Hope to see you in battle sometime captain. 

So.... Zapp Brannigan admits he is unworthy.... you should be stripped of your command as Hero of the Planet. :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously.... its not that hard.... even Zapp could do it.... :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,414 posts
15,620 battles

It really isn't hard - I took over a clan - wolf clan really though we all work together at the weekend naval battles - no skill required just the ability to smooth ruffled feathers! No running costs and you get to play with friends. Set up a discord channel and you will have more fun.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,431 battles

@Kiwi1960, sorry to hear about your predicament. My mother died of ovarian cancer which had spread to the lungs. It is a horrible situation very difficult to treat, but I like your attitude to life in the face of it.

I hope you find someone appropriate to take over the clan. But once you let go of it, make sure to let go of it. You can't really demand that the person takes over and runs it for eternity and never passes it on. Peoples circumstances change. Hopefully it will leave a good legacy where it's members receive good benefits and more importantly have fun relationships no matter how many times the leadership is passed on.

Should add, it is a really cool clan tag!

• Cool 1