Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Missions in Update 0.9.0

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
566 posts

I always enjoy the missions and events (I do not include the #PaytoRico debacle in that comment) But the daily shipments are somewhat underwhelming to say the least and prices are again high for nothing tangible. It does not seem to bode well for 2020 if this is the standard of things to come, I've spent silly amounts of GBP on the game in the past but I want a return in entertainment and enjoyment (FUN) How about straight up saying Here you go folks you can get the ships Free but if you want them early this is the price with a bundle of things like Commanders a Nice Cammo and an amount of Coal, all just pixels and numbers in the end. Just a bit of honesty for a change.after all at the end of the day the worlds getting fed up with various forms of Loot Boxes...Just a Radical Thought,,,,,, But if your looking at doing a series of cash grabs on a dying game then hey late 2019's business model is the way forward I suppose it would be sad though :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GEUS]
Players
39 posts
5,232 battles

Where are they Pan Asia Lunar ships ? 
directive 2 is open but where are those ships ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[C4K3]
Players
160 posts
11,214 battles

What is going on with WG. someone told me they having moneyproblem should we be concern about how we spend our money here. Are we paying for those who plays w o t. ther is something very wrong in the matrix here.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAD4T]
Players
20 posts
23,603 battles

not enough whales bought the Pr ? maybe if they priced it fairly more people would have paid a bit for it... not the stupid amount it cost , even after the event was effectively over with hardly anyone finishing the directives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
40 posts

I have really had it with all these random rewards. In the past when we got this type of event we at least had something we were guaranteed to get. 

Now everything is random. (And i have not forgotten the Puerto dumpster fire) 

I would have been perfectly fine with being able to use those tokens to buy those nice victorian white camos and then have to wait till the release of the ships but now i have a very good chance of literally earning every token i can, spending em all and still end up with no ship and no perma camo for one of the new cruisers. 

If you guys at WG do no longer want to give us things for free (considering having to do objectives still being free) then dont do it instead of giving us completely random chances or impossible directives like with the Pay to Rico. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
206 posts
9,979 battles

I was to open my wallet for Christmas, but then the PR fiasco happened, and my wallet has been closed ever since. Not spent any money on Warships for some time, and do not have plans to do for the foreseeable future.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

News pushed to the front but nothing new in there to be found. Not even the Lunar new year mission.

 

Come on... if you have to update this as "new" at least place all current infos into it.

@Crysantos @MrConway @Sehales

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
923 posts
13,126 battles

Is this accurate?

 

Normally the XP days are five days apart (four days in-between) but between 29 January and 4 February there are five days in-between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,815 posts
4 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Normally the XP days are five days apart (four days in-between) but between 29 January and 4 February there are five days in-between.

XP days were always 4, 9, 14, 19, 24 and 29...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
44 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

News pushed to the front but nothing new in there to be found. Not even the Lunar new year mission.

 

Come on... if you have to update this as "new" at least place all current infos into it.

@Crysantos @MrConway @Sehales

 

Good point, we'll have a look at this as it has been brought up a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

News pushed to the front but nothing new in there to be found. Not even the Lunar new year mission.

 

Come on... if you have to update this as "new" at least place all current infos into it.

@Crysantos @MrConway @Sehales

I'd bet they said they won't be pushing the same news all over again but I guess that's another promise thrown away... nothing new from WG.

 

42 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

Good point, we'll have a look at this as it has been brought up a few times.

Same answer from last time, just another WG staff member that replies.

 

 

EDIT: Here, I found it... just 20 days ago...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
38 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Good point, we'll have a look at this as it has been brought up a few times.

Bot gone rogue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Team
134 posts
4,775 battles
22 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

I'd bet they said they won't be pushing the same news all over again but I guess that's another promise thrown away... nothing new from WG.

 

Same answer from last time, just another WG staff member that replies.

 

 

EDIT: Here, I found it... just 20 days ago...

 

 

And I did follow up on the issue, but these things take time, especially when there is a big queue of changes for the website. 

We still need to shoot old news to the top of the website from time to time, not everyone checks the news as regularly as yourself (if only that was the case :cap_win:)

 

21 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Bot gone rogue?

Start of the bot uprising... 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaSickOllie said:

And I did follow up on the issue, but these things take time, especially when there is a big queue of changes for the website. 

We still need to shoot old news to the top of the website from time to time, not everyone checks the news as regularly as yourself (if only that was the case :cap_win:)

As far as I'm concerned I don't even care about the website, I'm talking about in-game notifications.

 

You see the number next to the 'news' thinking there is something new and important, just to find out it's a recycled news you read 10 days or so ago.

 

I'm pretty sure nobody would have anything against you pushing the news you consider important to the top, just don't make it as they are new because they are not.

 

Is it clearer now?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[X-10]
Players
70 posts
3,980 battles

I can't wait for yashima :) over-pen everything lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,807 posts
1,864 battles
53 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

As far as I'm concerned I don't even care about the website, I'm talking about in-game notifications.

 

You see the number next to the 'news' thinking there is something new and important, just to find out it's a recycled news you read 10 days or so ago.

 

I'm pretty sure nobody would have anything against you pushing the news you consider important to the top, just don't make it as they are new because they are not.

 

Is it clearer now?

We know what you mean and we brought it up.

It's the same thing though. Development takes time, even more so if it affects not only one "system", but two, the game's interface and the website.

I cannot promise anything and do not know the current status - SeaSickOllie might be able to provide more details - but even if it is going to be changed, it will at the very minimum take several months.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
566 posts

Ahh a new News Item, Have WG relented and decided to actually give some good stuff away No it's not rehash of the same old Never mind. I did for one or two seconds think there was a bargain in the Lunar event though I looked at the Dragons and thought Bl**dy Hell an Atago for £27 GBP that's  a small saving and an interesting Cammo….   Aren't I a Muppet £27 for a Myoko Dear,  Wargaming NO! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

someone has to make a notice for a new mission for "fleet of fog" and failed.

again we will be notice for an event after the start....

 

the missing info from https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/world-of-warships-arpeggio-of-blue-steel.html

 

Sneak Preview of the ARP Mission Chain: 

20.jpg
21.jpg

 

Missions can be played in: Co-op, Scenarios, and Random Battles.
 
 
Chain 1: Arp Hiei
1.1 Earn 50,000 XP
1.2 Earn 15,000 base XP
1.3 Cause 25 Citadels
Chain 2: Arp Kongo
2.1 Earn 3,000,000 credits
2.2 Win 10 Battles
2.3 Deal 400,000 damage
Chain 3: Arp Haruna
3.1 Receive 10m potential damage
3.2 Earn 15 Capture, Capture Assist, and/or Defend ribbons
3.3 Destroy 15 enemy ships
Chain 4:Arp Myoko & Kirishima
4.1 Earn 30 set on fire ribbons
4.2 Earn 30 torpedo hit ribbons
4.3 Earn 100,000 Commander XP.

 

Missions available until the end of 0.9.0,
Starts ? UTC 31 January 2020
Ends: 05:00 UTC 13 February 2020

 

 

something is very wrong in WG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Team
134 posts
4,775 battles
 
 
 
 
 
😖
4
10 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

someone has to make a notice for a new mission for "fleet of fog" and failed.

again we will be notice for an event after the start....

 

the missing info from https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/world-of-warships-arpeggio-of-blue-steel.html

 

Sneak Preview of the ARP Mission Chain: 

20.jpg
21.jpg

 

Missions can be played in: Co-op, Scenarios, and Random Battles.
 
 
Chain 1: Arp Hiei
1.1 Earn 50,000 XP
1.2 Earn 15,000 base XP
1.3 Cause 25 Citadels
Chain 2: Arp Kongo
2.1 Earn 3,000,000 credits
2.2 Win 10 Battles
2.3 Deal 400,000 damage
Chain 3: Arp Haruna
3.1 Receive 10m potential damage
3.2 Earn 15 Capture, Capture Assist, and/or Defend ribbons
3.3 Destroy 15 enemy ships
Chain 4:Arp Myoko & Kirishima
4.1 Earn 30 set on fire ribbons
4.2 Earn 30 torpedo hit ribbons
4.3 Earn 100,000 Commander XP.

 

Missions available until the end of 0.9.0,
Starts ? UTC 31 January 2020
Ends: 05:00 UTC 13 February 2020

 

 

something is very wrong in WG

Missions were posted today in a dedicated article. Publishing date matches the mission start, not sure what your issue is here. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles
8 hours ago, SeaSickOllie said:

Missions were posted today in a dedicated article. Publishing date matches the mission start, not sure what your issue is here. 

to make it clear. I am wrong in this situation, because is optional.

The last year many event started at 7.00 and an announcement for the event published at 13.00 or 14.00. Is this a right PR?

2 years ago we knew the events of the month in the beginning. If you dont want to publish something 2-3 weeks before start, do it at least 1-2 days before start.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
7 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

to make it clear. I am wrong in this situation, because is optional.

The last year many event started at 7.00 and an announcement for the event published at 13.00 or 14.00. Is this a right PR?

2 years ago we knew the events of the month in the beginning. If you dont want to publish something 2-3 weeks before start, do it at least 1-2 days before start.

That's one thing I don't understand at all.

 

I can understand all the terrible business models WG is enforcing for the sake of profit but these late announcements can't get through my skull.

 

They keep everything mysterious til the very last moment and often announce it even after the event has commenced.

 

Anyone who cares to explain the flawed logic there?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
566 posts

So we pay for tech tree ships with a Crazy cammo ( I do like a few of them) and a Japanese teenage girl that Screams like a Banshee (To old for those kind of things) and one premium that's around 30% more expensive than the premium shop but with a different cammo a proper Wee Gee Sale then :Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×