Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Thunderer or Yoshino??

22 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,825 battles

I have the coal, so is it the Thunderer or Yoshino???

Players
2,571 posts
11,389 battles

Thunderer. Its just too accurate to not like.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
576 posts
12,045 battles

Both are long range spammer campers, so none if possible. :cap_cool:

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,476 posts
11,093 battles

I’ll say what I always say to this!

If you want to do long range HE spam the Thunderer can do that as well as the Yoshino.

Also:

Big AP salvos

much better armour

bigger health pool

better heal

much better rudder shift

The Yoshino has torps but they are very situational and rely on you being the closest ship to advancing battleships. NOT a situation the Yoshino wants to find itself in.

The Yoshino is good but the Thunderer is much better.

Players
1,483 posts
14,041 battles

You haven't really told us what you want the ship for or what your preferred playstyle is. If you know how to play a kiting cruiser you could do fine in a Yoshino. If you can aim, the Thunderer will reward that. Overall? Thunderer is the stronger ship, just remember to angle, it hits hard but it also gets hit hard if it gives broadside.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
58 minutes ago, Exorite said:

Both are long range spammer campers, so none if possible. :cap_cool:

I push with my Thunderer all the time. (But it might explain why I didn't do so well in it in the few games I played).

Since we're on the subject, what's your approximate ratio if HE/AP fired in the ship?

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,186 battles

Take Thunderer, you will be torping far less friendly ships that way. 2nd Line torping Yoshinos are a menace, was nearly torp'd 4 times like that just last weekend (luckily I was in a Mogami with Vigilance skill and so managed to dodge them each time but some of my other team mates were not so lucky). It just ain't even funny anymore... :cap_old:

• Cool 2

Players
1,483 posts
14,041 battles
11 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I push with my Thunderer all the time. (But it might explain why I didn't do so well in it in the few games I played).

Since we're on the subject, what's your approximate ratio if HE/AP fired in the ship?

Not sure about the ratio, but I mostly use AP unless the target is a bow on BB, or if I know an enemy DD will become visible soon so I pre-switched. Other than that, AP all the way.

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,025 battles

thunderer all day.

it has more armor, and conkek’s cloak system, 8 very accurate 457s that have excellent AP and HE, and can adapt to situations, go invisible to close in on a cruiser and colonise it, or long range salt bombardment on Kremlins. 

yoshino is long range HE spammer with long range torps, but has the armor thickness of a zao with Yamato sized cit, with little flexibility for much else other then long range spam. Also as others said, friendly fire with torps are a massive problem as well. While it features improved accuracy, it’s still not reliable enough to use AP on side on cruisers, and it’s AP is closer in performance to CA then BB. In a straight DPM gunfight however vs other CC(super cruisers) yoshino does beat them since it has a faster reload, and better accuracy over all ranges means more likely to land blows. The only benefit I feel is the 50mm HE pen and greater alpha per shell, otherwise you are better off with zao or HIV

1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Take Thunderer, you will be torping far less friendly ships that way. 2nd Line torping Yoshinos are a menace, was nearly torp'd 4 times like that just last weekend (luckily I was in a Mogami with Vigilance skill and so managed to dodge them each time but some of my other team mates were not so lucky). It just ain't even funny anymore... :cap_old:

I admit I have nearly torped multiple green boats, and sometimes actually hit them, several times.

but on the other hand, excellent area denial tool and idiot filter. First game in her I torped a shima that I had no idea was there when I was targeting a Missouri 

[CAIN]
Players
4,372 posts
18,493 battles
2 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Take Thunderer. 

No, i don't have it yet, but i can kill a Thunderer much easier then a Yoshino, on which i get overpens all the time, regardless what i'm Shooting at it. 

Thunderer is much weaker Prey. Takes massive HE Damage, burns like Tinder, eats massive SAP volleys and has a slower reload, which makes it much easier for me to deal with. 

Go, for Thunderer pls! 

[KAKE]
Players
2,522 posts
5,980 battles

While I very much would want to have the Thunderer eventually... I went for the Yoshino.

Part of the reason is that I have a 19 pt IJN captain that I can use with her, whereas my RN skippers need a few more tours of duty.

I haven't played more than a small handful of games in her yet, but my impression so far is that she's pretty enjoyable. I found her to be tankier than I expected from her reputation, although she's too chonky to get overpenned and eats citadels like popcorn if you show broadside to the wrong target. Great kiter (especially in situations where you don't have to worry about friendlies eating your torps), but probably limited carry potential due to the bad concealment.

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,025 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

While I very much would want to have the Thunderer eventually... I went for the Yoshino.

Part of the reason is that I have a 19 pt IJN captain that I can use with her, whereas my RN skippers need a few more tours of duty.

I haven't played more than a small handful of games in her yet, but my impression so far is that she's pretty enjoyable. I found her to be tankier than I expected from her reputation, although she's too chonky to get overpenned and eats citadels like popcorn if you show broadside to the wrong target. Great kiter (especially in situations where you don't have to worry about friendlies eating your torps), but probably limited carry potential due to the bad concealment.

Concealment is Actually decent, if you fully spec into it (CE skill and mod and the camo) you can sealth fire the 12km, although with 100m window only.

also means that it is capable of outspotting stalins.

[SHAD]
Players
2,476 posts
11,093 battles
5 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I once managed to hit a Grozovoi with two torps in my Yoshi. I now rarely use torps and may as well just take the Azuma out!

The Grozovoi didn't complain or whine though he had every reason to. I sent some good karma his way!

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,825 battles

Thanks for all your answers Captains, went with the Thunderer :cat_cool:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,746 posts
5,290 battles
12 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Thunderer, easy.

Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
10 hours ago, Blixies said:

0/100

well. maybe not exactly:

image.png.6fc4add59c4036800e4bd3c3c5534485.png

But it got me the perma fire I wanted ^^

image.png.cd7b2fa7f0d732d9b1c5f6b792c0b5e6.png

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,825 battles
34 minutes ago, Endorphin187 said: