You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Conan_Librarian_

How many planes carrying T8 CVs?

22 comments in this topic

Players
127 posts
5,884 battles

Got chance to check my AA on Wichita , scored 56 planes alone, my team 130 in total. When i noticed 2 CV per team decided to focus on AA def of my team. Group i was supporting moved to enemy cap and then hell opened and planes just swarmed over us to the very end of match. WTF, for real, do CVs got any cd on planes or just spitting then one after another. Of 4 ships in my group 3 got sunk just by planes. Both teams  tried to cap enemy base , was like battle of Midway on steroids for few minutes. WG you really think this kind of CV game play is "balanced" in any way? If only those two players get on any voice chat and focus , no way you will survive. Where is the fun for everyone not playing CV? Btw it is possible to get 3 x CV in MM, hope not lol.

shot-20.01.14_01.47.08-0209.jpg

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,777 posts
21,328 battles

Depends on the CV. For most it's about 90-110 strike planes. Fighters add another 61 to that.

E.g. Enterprise and Kaga go well beyond, Saipan meanwhile has far less.

In that particular match you were facing a Lexington and an Implacable which have a theoretical maximum of 99 and 73 strike aircraft respectively. Add 61 fighters to each and you have a theoretical maximum of 294 planes that need to be killed before both CVs are completely out of planes.

So yeah, with 130 you're not even halfway there. Even if we count strike aircraft only you're still over 40 planes short.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,089 posts
9,538 battles
31 minutes ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

Got chance to check my AA on Wichita , scored 56 planes alone, my team 130 in total. When i noticed 2 CV per team decided to focus on AA def of my team. Group i was supporting moved to enemy cap and then hell opened and planes just swarmed over us to the very end of match. WTF, for real, do CVs got any cd on planes or just spitting then one after another. Of 4 ships in my group 3 got sunk just by planes. Both teams  tried to cap enemy base , was like battle of Midway on steroids for few minutes. WG you really think this kind of CV game play is "balanced" in any way? If only those two players get on any voice chat and focus , no way you will survive. Where is the fun for everyone not playing CV? Btw it is possible to get 3 x CV in MM, hope not lol.

It Depends on the CV.

Kaga has one of the Biggest Ressources of Planes actually.

It Starts out with 96 Bombers

It in addition you have 50 Fighters Spawned by Consumables.

And you Regenerate 44 Aircraft during the Match.

So Kaga assuming a Full Match. Could give the Enemy Team 190 Aircraft Kills.

In General CVs have between 100-150 Aircraft Available for the Match in Total.

However. Roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of these will be Fighter Aircraft which can only Spot and which will Disappear after 1 Minute regardless of having been shot down or not.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,753 posts
6,312 battles
1 hour ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

Btw it is possible to get 3 x CV in MM, hope not lol.

I've seen as many as four, admittedly it was down at tier 4, but four cv's to a side are still four cv's. <.<

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,089 posts
9,538 battles
15 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I've seen as many as four, admittedly it was down at tier 4, but four cv's to a side are still four cv's. <.<

Uhh.

If I am wrong someone Correct me. Because this was Changed several Times and I am working based on Memory here xD

For Tier 10 the Limit is now 1 with no Exceptions.

For Tier 8 the Soft Limit is 1. But there can be 2 in some Exceptions.

For Tier 6 the Soft Limit is 2. And in Exceptions it can go up to 3.

For Tier 4 the Limit is 3 now.

However. There is actually some Loopholes.

For example. You can have 1 Tier 10 CV and 1 Tier 8 CV in a Team. Hence a T10 Game can have 2 CVs per Side.

The Worst I so far had was 2x Tier 8 CVs and 1 Tier 6 CV per Team.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,753 posts
6,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Pretty sure that was before that limit. Or a example of what you said there.

Players
909 posts
6,237 battles
1 hour ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

Yes, you CAN get 3 CV games in lower tiers (T5/T4), I have been in a number of them.

Players
2,791 posts
33,218 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

I have never seen 4 cvs in one team since the beginning of the game.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 hour ago, L8viathan said:

I have never seen 4 cvs in one team since the beginning of the game.

Same. I have seen 3 per side, though. Even 2 per side is terrible, WG needs to make a hard cap of 1 per team. 

• Cool 1

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles

3 per team is good for no one. Even 2 is meh. And I am telling that as a CV main wannabe and Enterprize fanboy. Less food for us.

• Cool 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,824 battles
1 hour ago, Exorite said:

3 per team is good for no one. Even 2 is meh. And I am telling that as a CV main wannabe and Enterprize fanboy. Less food for us.

Why did you change your nickname? I preferred the old one tbh :)

• Funny 1

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
10 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Nobody could pronounce it, so I "globalized" it a bit :P

When I become a famous forum troll it will be easier to memorize!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
968 posts
9,317 battles
2 hours ago, Exorite said:

I recommend something like "Exorite_Flying"

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,926 posts
20,778 battles
4 hours ago, Saiyko said:

4 hours ago, Exorite said:

Wait. New nick? What was the old one? 

[BBMM]
Players
6,772 posts
9,569 battles
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Depends on the CV. For most it's about 90-110 strike planes. Fighters add another 61 to that.

E.g. Enterprise and Kaga go well beyond, Saipan meanwhile has far less.

In that particular match you were facing a Lexington and an Implacable which have a theoretical maximum of 99 and 73 strike aircraft respectively. Add 61 fighters to each and you have a theoretical maximum of 294 planes that need to be killed before both CVs are completely out of planes.

So yeah, with 130 you're not even halfway there. Even if we count strike aircraft only you're still over 40 planes short.

Well, maybe the game didn't last 20 minutes... :Smile_playing:

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,824 battles
47 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Wait. New nick? What was the old one? 

exohoritis :)

[SWEOV]
[SWEOV]
Players
215 posts
15,171 battles
13 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Uhh.

If I am wrong someone Correct me. Because this was Changed several Times and I am working based on Memory here xD

For Tier 10 the Limit is now 1 with no Exceptions.

For Tier 8 the Soft Limit is 1. But there can be 2 in some Exceptions.

For Tier 6 the Soft Limit is 2. And in Exceptions it can go up to 3.

However. There is actually some Loopholes.

For example. You can have 1 Tier 10 CV and 1 Tier 8 CV in a Team. Hence a T10 Game can have 2 CVs per Side.

The Worst I so far had was 2x Tier 8 CVs and 1 Tier 6 CV per Team.

I was actually in a 2 x 2 Tier 10 CV game yesterday. IIRC my team had 2 x Haykury and enemy team had 1 x Haykuru and 1 x Audacious. The enemy CVs ended up being sunk by gunfire despite doing better than our CVs who did not get any kills at all.  You have to adjust your gameplay if there is heavy air presence, most people dont and do their own thing and end up rekt and whine on the forums. Dont solo, take note of where friendly AAA ships are and dont go to far from them. 

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
10 minutes ago, Yxkraft said:

I was actually in a 2 x 2 Tier 10 CV game yesterday. IIRC my team had 2 x Haykury and enemy team had 1 x Haykuru and 1 x Audacious. The enemy CVs ended up being sunk by gunfire despite doing better than our CVs who did not get any kills at all.  You have to adjust your gameplay if there is heavy air presence, most people dont and do their own thing and end up rekt and whine on the forums. Dont solo, take note of where friendly AAA ships are and dont go to far from them. 

And hope that the CV’s don’t know how to slingshot. Lol

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

exohoritis :)

It means renegade / outcast (one that does not belong to settlement) in greek.

I am not greek btw, just one of my old friends gave it to me because I am antisocial. :cap_cool: