Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.9.0. British Cruisers

168 comments in this topic

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

For the ones that need a short bullet points of the update...

- The update is dedicated to British Heave Cruisers. You can obtain them in the INFINITE RANDOM BUNDLES so there is absolutely NO guarantee you'll get any of the ships, no matter how many bundles you get. (sound so appealing, good luck with that)

- More directives, more grind, more temporary resources... you know - the typical WG event with nothing new

- If you don't have the British tokens for the bundles you can always pay for (better) bundles using doubloons. Who expected that, huh?

- Last update to receive a UU mission. If you don't get it in this update, the only way to get them will be through the insane Research Bureau nobody ever asked for. You can see the details in the dev blog section of the forum.

- Clan battles of T10 as that's the only tier that exists in WG's eyes. No matter what event or mode they launch it's T10 99% of the time. Then they say they want new players and promote the recruitment BS which will never work with their current philosophy

- There are some balance changes which a lot of players are opposed to. You can see the details in the dev blog section of the forum

- There are other "improvements" which will have to be tested. The visual "improvements" usually look less realistic than the previous ones and are more hungry for the PC resources resulting in less fps and a worse experience overall. We will see if the players from the Balkans will finally be able to play the game as the whole 0.8.11 update was a disaster in that regard and WG did absolutely nothing about it

That's pretty much it, I don't think I missed much.

Enjoy the update and have fun.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 4

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,807 posts
1,863 battles
1 minute ago, Palubarac said:

There are some balance changes which a lot of players are opposed to. You can see the details in the dev blog section of the forum

Why would they need to check the dev blog part of them forums if they are part of the article?

2 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

There are other "improvements" which will have to be tested. The visual "improvements" usually look less realistic than the previous ones and are more hungry for the PC resources resulting in less fps and a worse experience overall.

What part looks less realistic to you? Do you have an example?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 4

Players
15 posts
21,333 battles
5 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

For the ones that need a short bullet points of the update...

- The update is dedicated to British Heave Cruisers. You can obtain them in the INFINITE RANDOM BUNDLES so there is absolutely NO guarantee you'll get any of the ships, no matter how many bundles you get. (sound so appealing, good luck with that)

- More directives, more grind, more temporary resources... you know - the typical WG event with nothing new

- If you don't have the British tokens for the bundles you can always pay for (better) bundles using doubloons. Who expected that, huh?

- Last update to receive a UU mission. If you don't get it in this update, the only way to get them will be through the insane Research Bureau nobody ever asked for. You can see the details in the dev blog section of the forum.

- Clan battles of T10 as that's the only tier that exists in WG's eyes. No matter what event or mode they launch it's T10 99% of the time. Then they say they want new players and promote the recruitment BS which will never work with their current philosophy

- There are some balance changes which a lot of players are opposed to. You can see the details in the dev blog section of the forum

- There are other "improvements" which will have to be tested. The visual "improvements" usually look less realistic than the previous ones and are more hungry for the PC resources resulting in less fps and a worse experience overall. We will see if the players from the Balkans will finally be able to play the game as the whole 0.8.11 update was a disaster in that regard and WG did absolutely nothing about it

That's pretty much it, I don't think I missed much.

Enjoy the update and have fun.

youcan open 30 bundles with tokens. high chance to get to ship.

• Funny 4
  • Bad 9

[MAX-1]
Beta Tester
80 posts
4,577 battles

I am confused about the acceleration nerf the Henri received. Since the speed boost is one distinct aspect of the French cruisers, isn't it a bad idea to significantly reduce the value of its uniqueness by just... removing effects?

If this is going to become a standard, I don't see a great future in "uniqueness" if it only becomes apparent at release but then vanishes more and more because it is considered imbalanced. 

Moreover... why is the Des Moines still allowed to have the ability to "dodge by accelerating and deccelerating" with its legendary upgrade, but the Henry is too strong with a distinct consumable which it was outfitted with for uniqueness? 

• Cool 5

[KAKE]
Players
2,520 posts
5,960 battles

Can I just reiterate that removing the missions for acquiring the unique upgrades is a horrible decision that only serves to make the game even less attractive for players who don't have all of the time in the world to dedicate to playing?

Someone who has maybe 5 hours a week available to play is never going to spend that time grinding the same lines they've already gone through, so all you're accomplishing by trying to force the research bureau down everybody's throats is making those players feel even less welcome than they already do.

(And if you want my thoughts on the subject in more detail, I wrote a thread about it here)

• Cool 14

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
6 hours ago, Sehales said:

Why would they need to check the dev blog part of them forums if they are part of the article?

Because they are different topics where players commented on it.

If you insist... here they are (didn't want to make my post longer than it was)

As for the visuals... why are you focusing on the least important aspect? If you replied to my post at least you should have addressed all (or at least most) of the things I wrote, not just one or two.

I will post examples of how you try to make realistic visuals which are getting worse and many players share my opinion only but I guess you don't read any feedback from your players so you wouldn't know that, would you? Not you personally but WG in general. Always writing "thanks for your feedback" but actually nobody gives a F about our feedback, at the end you do what you want even when everyone is against it.

The worst details are in the sea surface which is less realistic in 0.8.11 than ever before. Especially when the sea is calm like a mirror which never happens in reality.

• Cool 4

Players
9,836 posts
11,531 battles

If ARP Takao gets red skin, does that mean some new Arpeggio collab is in the works or someone stumbled upon old archived skin of hers?

unknown.png

Also turrets are Myoko ones, not Takao class. They look different (Myoko have rounded roof and rounded "turret cheeks", Takao are flat and square)

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,052 posts
22,611 battles

Somehow I don't feel any excitement at all with these patches...

• Cool 10

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
9 minutes ago, BismarckGhost said:

youcan open 30 bundles with tokens. high chance to get to ship.

Excuse my suspicions but... What is a high chance? Do you have a number? Based on what you consider you have a 'high chance' of getting a ship if you get 30 random bundles.

Seems you're missing the point completely.

We're talking about INFINITE RANDOM BUNDLES. Let that sink in.

So far the random bundles were terrible. Nobody liked them. But at least you knew how many there are and what are the chances of getting a ship or ships.

This time WG managed to make it even worse - the random bundles are unlimited and you might not get a single ship from all the bundles you collect.

Then, when you cannot obtain the British tokens anymore, the ones that really want to test the ships before the others will be forced to pay doubloons as that will be the only option to get new bundles.

You don't need a high IQ to see what WG is doing, do you?

• Cool 9

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
16 minutes ago, Sehales said:

There have been complaints in the previous feedback-topics that the lighting since 2 or 3 updates looks too harsh and over-saturated... But that would mean you'd actually have to read those feedback topics.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,010 battles
19 minutes ago, LeonardoBlue said:

dodge by accelerating and deccelerating" ... but the Henry is too strong with a distinct consumable which it was outfitted with for uniqueness? 

Henry (cruisers in general) survive by their maneuverability. It obviously makes their survival "too comfortable", therefore it has go away.

Destroyers survive by stealth, so there is a button to take their stealth away.

I wonder: will we get a button to remove the survival-ability of BBs?

"Press Z to make all BBs armor in 10km radius disappear."

• Funny 2

Players
15 posts
21,333 battles
33 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Excuse my suspicions but... What is a high chance? Do you have a number? Based on what you consider you have a 'high chance' of getting a ship if you get 30 random bundles.

Seems you're missing the point completely.

We're talking about INFINITE RANDOM BUNDLES. Let that sink in.

So far the random bundles were terrible. Nobody liked them. But at least you knew how many there are and what are the chances of getting a ship or ships.

This time WG managed to make it even worse - the random bundles are unlimited and you might not get a single ship from all the bundles you collect.

Then, when you cannot obtain the British tokens anymore, the ones that really want to test the ships before the others will be forced to pay doubloons as that will be the only option to get new bundles.

You don't need a high IQ to see what WG is doing, do you?

you right. but still 4 ships with permanent camos. I cant think it must be free.

yes they added permanent camos and also you ll see next bundle content. still little improvement then old containers system in my opinion.

we are waiting much improvement. grind deserve something quaranty not just pain.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[GWN]
Players
114 posts

Infinite loot boxes. Seems like WG is really trying to pull over EA here. 

Sooo Collaboration with ARP means all the ARP ships are coming available again? Well, I am missing few of them. I hope there is reasonable way to obtain them. I bet XI Baije will be pay outright now ship. This patch seems to put money grab from players in higher gear.

• Cool 3

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
15 minutes ago, BismarckGhost said:

you right. but still 4 ships with permanent camos. I cant think it must be free.

yes they added permanent camos and also you ll see next bundle content. still little improvement then old containers system in my opinion.

we wait much improvement.

1. Yes, there are 4 ships in total that can be obtained theoretically. You'll tell us how many you received though. So far I was usually getting 1-2 ships from these 'early access' events but this time I expect none at all, thanks to the new "improvements".

2. Yes, each ships comes with a permanent camo but that's not a huge thing, especially not a justification for infinite random bundles. I have premium camo for most Italian cruisers and they were obtained for free.

3. You can see the next bundle content? And since when is that a new feature? You were able to see that for quite some time now.

I see no improvements. I just see a greedy company trying to milk their players, no matter the consequences.

• Cool 3

[2PTS]
Players
78 posts
35,908 battles

cyclone in clan battles well stuff it i dont play any of these idiotic modes like cyclone and storm and snowstorm epicentre crap hurts my eyes iam to old for this kind of crap i bet clan battles will be a successs ahahahha

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,125 posts
Zitat
  • Efficient Repair Party consumable: restores 50% of citadel damage, as opposed to the standard 10% for this ship type. Starting from Tier VIII, Repair Party restores 2% of the ship’s maximum HP per second instead of the standard 0.5%.

@Sehales , @MrConway , @Crysantos

Still wrong.

Standard for Cruiser is 33% NOT 10%

[2PTS]
Players
78 posts
35,908 battles

and when you say about legendary modules in research bureu you mean reset lines to get the tokens to research them are you serous? i did not reset not even one line to get the freakin colbert or ohaio not in the mood to rest anything pls crarify lols or this goes out of the window as well LOLs

• Cool 2

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles
19 minutes ago, surfer_gr said:

and when you say about legendary modules in research bureu you mean reset lines to get the tokens to research them are you serous? i did not reset not even one line to get the freakin colbert or ohaio not in the mood to rest anything pls crarify lols or this goes out of the window as well LOLs

I can clarify that for you.

Yes, the 'Unique Upgrades' (aka 'Legendary Upgrades') will be moved behind the 'Research Bureau' where you will be able to get them with RB points/tokens or whatever it's called (I have none so I wouldn't know and I don't play on having them at all).

After the 0.9.0 update, the UU missions will no longer be obtainable by researching T10 ships. The active ones you have can be completed until the end of 2020 but it will be not possible to obtain new UU missions.

That way UU will be only for old players who have researched all ships and are willing to grind through them again. At least in theory because in practice all WG wants is for you to spend your free XP on the line you reset and if you don't have enough... well, you can use doubloons to obtain the free XP you're missing.

It's all very obvious but I guess WG think we're stupid hamsters, waiting for wheel to turn.

tenor.gif

• Cool 5

[INTRO]
Players
176 posts
5,669 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

Let us see.

1. Water.

2. Sky.

3. Land.

4. Ship textures.

5. Reflections.

6. Colors in general.

So not much in the end.

Let me open my wallet to support the continuous 'development'. Oh, by the way, any plans to expand the WG's luxury estate on Cyprus?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[-MCD-]
Players
59 posts
8,736 battles
59 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

I see no improvements. I just see a greedy company trying to milk their players, no matter the consequences

Then we should stop giving them the milk, no matter the consequences, i guess... :cap_old:

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Copy and paste event. As if we didn't comment enough on how boring those are.

Unlimited packages instead of containers for the lottery mechanism. Remove the oil we could have earned from the equation. Top decision you made there. /s

I guess less work for your art team, as they didn't have to design yet another container.

And still no details of how the unique upgrades are supposed to be available after they have become a part of the NTC (call it whatever you like WG, that is what you are reintroducing).

You'll probably introduce it half baked in 0.9.1 or 0.9.2, then you make some minor adjustments to silence the outcry of the masses, and finally you'll build a wall of silence around you, or deflect from the topic, whenever we dare to still make comments on it. Let's be honest. That's what you did the whole last year. You have experience in it.

• Cool 6

Players
19 posts

A clarification on the Unique Upgrade missions: if I have the mission already unlocked before the release of 0.9.2, then can I receive the UU either by the "old" method of grinding the mission, and also by getting it by the research bureau, or am I locked into missions only?

WG Team
134 posts
4,775 battles
24 minutes ago, Castor_Tyndarides said:

A clarification on the Unique Upgrade missions: if I have the mission already unlocked before the release of 0.9.2, then can I receive the UU either by the "old" method of grinding the mission, and also by getting it by the research bureau, or am I locked into missions only?

From the article: 

• The combat missions that reward players with unique upgrades for Tier X ships can still be received until the release of Update 0.9.1, by playing one battle with the specified Tier X ship.
  • Any of these combat missions already obtained prior to this point will expire on December 31, 2020.

So you need to play 1 battle on the tier X ship you want the unique upgrade for before the end of update 0.9.0 (that goes live for EU on Thursday).

Meaning you have roughly a month to play that first battle to obtain the mission. 

Once you have obtained the the "old style" combat mission, you have until the end of 2020 to complete it. 

Hope that answers your question! :cap_like:

Edit: You can also go down the new route of the Research Bureau, you will not be locked into the "old style" combat mission.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Sign in to follow this