Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Afghanicus

WOWs connectivity issues

WOWs connectivity issues  

36 members have voted

1. 1. During the current patch [0.8.11], have you encountered frequent disconnections (multiple ones during a single day)

• Yes, I encountered multiple disconnections in a single day
    • I did have occasional disconnections but not that often
    • I did not have any connectivity issues during this patch
  2. 2. If you experienced disconnections in-game... were you still able to surf the internet without issues?

• Yes, my connection was fine. The only problem was with the WG servers and the game
    • No, I had problem with the internet overall
  3. 3. If you experienced disconnections in-game... did you file a customer service ticket to let know WG about the issue?

• Yes, I opened a support ticket explaining the connectivity issue I had
    • No, I didn't open any support ticket as it's a waste of time or I just don't want to bother with it
  4. 4. How was the customer support? Did they fix your connectivity issues?

• Yes, the customer support guys looked into the issue and fixed it for me or helped me fix it myself
    • No, the customer support tried to help but wasn't able to
    • No, the customer support had no idea what they are talking about and I gave up

21 comments in this topic

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles

Alright, since this 0.8.11 patch is coming to an end... I'd like to look back at the players that had so many issues with high pings and disconnection throughout the update.

I know most players didn't experience any issues and they could focus on the insane PR grind but I'll leave that for the other threads, this is a thread to the ones who were getting kicked out of the battle quite often. 

WG describes us as "handful of people" and our problem "a solitary issue" but we all know that's BS but even if it was about a few players, shouldn't WG still care? Or it's just a majority thing.. if most people have no issues, who gives a F about the rest who cannot play the game? Is that a WG philosophy?

I won't quote all the threads which have been opened in regards to this issue as there are too many, I'll just quote my post in one of the threads where I tagged over 70 players having this issue and you don't need to be an expert to know that for every player that complains on the forum, there are many others who don't so if at least few hundreds of players are "a handful of people" I wonder how good at math WG guys are.

Apparently, most affected players are from the Balkan region - Montenegro, Croatia and Serbia. Even though there were players from other countries like France, Netherlands etc.

If that's a "solitary issue" for WG then we have more problems that we thought.

• Cool 3

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles

I didn't have any issues, so can't participate in the poll as the follow on questions assume you have had issues and are required fields.

[60CNT]
Players
1 post
3,923 battles

mine wasn't too bad until this new patch - now twice in a match. As much as i would like to resolve it because i run premium. im not wasting my time with ping plotter etc etc to fix a problem not on my end. i'll just wait till its fixed.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles

You know what happens they the server hiccups in the middle of you launching the torps?

Zao's torp drop can be divided even though that's technically impossible.

zao-torpsa.jpg

So the first 5 torps are fine... then server hiccups and when the next frame comes (few seconds later), I'm dead and the second set of torps has been divided into 2+3 torps.

Very interesting. WG never ceases to amaze me.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles

FYI: Still the same.

Customer support useless.

WG playing ping-ping and acting dumb. Nice job.

• Cool 1

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles
10 hours ago, veslingr said:

It seems most problems have we from ex Yu

Yes, but the whole region even though they are blaming it on a single ISP, which doesn't make any sense.

Player A: I have connectivity issues with WG servers only, using XX internet provider.

WG support: It's all good from our side, it must be your XX provider.

Player B: I have connectivity issues with WG servers only, using YY internet provider.

WG support: It's all good from our side, it must be your YY provider.

Player C: I have connectivity issues with WG servers only, using ZZ internet provider.

WG support: It's all good from our side, it must be your ZZ provider.

Me: How can so many players have the same connectivity issues, at the very same time, using any internet provider (XX, YY, ZZ, whatever)!???

WG: We can't do anything, sorry. *ticket closed*

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles

May I point out that there is no way to answer the questionnaire if

-One didn't have connectivity issues

-Those issues were general and not WG/Game specific

-One did not open a ticket with CS.

So the results are bound to be a bit loaded.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles
51 minutes ago, rnat said:

May I point out that there is no way to answer the questionnaire if

-One didn't have connectivity issues

-Those issues were general and not WG/Game specific

-One did not open a ticket with CS.

So the results are bound to be a bit loaded.

Since you wrote "IF", I'll accept the feedback.

However...

- At least a hundred players on the forum experienced the same connectivity issues, as proven so many times

- They are WG specific because all those players (including me) have issues with WG servers only, everything else works flawlessly

- Most people didn't open support tickets and I understand them because CS is useless. After playing ping-pong with answers and responsibilities, they gave up offering no solution whatsoever

So first you have WG's CM telling you to contact the CS in order to investigate and fix the issue and after 2 months of useless templates, CS tells you to go back to the forum and complain because they can do nothing about it.

wtf.jpg

And closing the ticket as soon as the useless reply was given. Very professional indeed.

[ZWEIP]
Players
30 posts
15,634 battles

my connectivity problem is gone with the new patch. never had it before 8.10/11 and now it's gone, so it is clear that problem was on the WG side. also, CS was trying to help me out, we exchanged 6-7 ticket updates, they offered all kind of suggestions, sadly nothing worked, as it seems that the problem was deeper than CS could deal with. also, they resolved one other issue that i had, so i wouldn't call them useless.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
56 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Since you wrote "IF", I'll accept the feedback.

However...

- At least a hundred players on the forum experienced the same connectivity issues, as proven so many times

- They are WG specific because all those players (including me) have issues with WG servers only, everything else works flawlessly

- Most people didn't open support tickets and I understand them because CS is useless. After playing ping-pong with answers and responsibilities, they gave up offering no solution whatsoever

The fact that your scenario appears to be reasonably common (which as far as I can see no one seriously denies) does not make your poll less biased.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles
5 minutes ago, rnat said:

The fact that your scenario appears to be reasonably common (which as far as I can see no one seriously denies) does not make your poll less biased.

The poll is for the ones that have connectivity issues, not for the majority that doesn't.

If you look it that way.. I don't think it's that biased.

[JRM]
Players
6,239 posts
24,081 battles
5 hours ago, rnat said:

Point of the poll is to count the people having it and sort of gather their experiences at one place, the point of poll is not to establish what percentage of people it is and to show that WG claim of "few users" is or is not true (I am sure it is) so I dont see the bias

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Point of the poll is to count the people having it and sort of gather their experiences at one place, the point of poll is not to establish what percentage of people it is and to show that WG claim of "few users" is or is not true (I am sure it is) so I dont see the bias

Maybe it is only low% of peoples now. I know in Croatia I get minimum 2 disco per game if I play more than 2 hours

[JRM]
Players
6,239 posts
24,081 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Maybe it is only low% of peoples now. I know in Croatia I get minimum 2 disco per game if I play more than 2 hours

Same here, I dont doubt though that in total number of players we are comparably few (and its not even solely the SE Europe region IIRC) while its annoying to us we are just not important enough to WG for them to raise the issue with their ISP as its likely a "bean counter" decision and those guys like their quartery bonuses

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles
19 hours ago, veslingr said:

Same here. Sometimes I get away playing a battle without a disconnection but that doesn't happen often.

So you can imagine me playing CBs these days and what it means when one players gets AFK in the middle of the battle, thanks to WG.

Obviously, everything is fine with the connection because every clan member can hear me in Discord cursing all WG's family members.

18 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Same here, I dont doubt though that in total number of players we are comparably few (and its not even solely the SE Europe region IIRC) while its annoying to us we are just not important enough to WG for them to raise the issue with their ISP as its likely a "bean counter" decision and those guys like their quartery bonuses

I'm sure we're all aware that the majority of players have no issues at all. I never stated otherwise. A very small percentage of players have these problems  (since 0.8.10 patch) but even a small percentage is not a small number and definitely not a "isolated issue" like WG wants us to believe.

And since it's happening at the SAME TIME to all those players (from different countries, using different ISPs), it's very obvious that the problem is on their side but they are so ignorant and unprofessional that they keep lying and making up stupid stories "it's not us, it's you and your ISP" despite that making no sense at all due to the mentioned FACTS.

• Cool 1

[MAS-X]
Players
358 posts
8,614 battles

Disconnected Yesterday, for no reason, at the beginning of an engagement, at tier X

I was also doing the naval battle... Not to mention the hydra flags...

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Palubarac sagte:

I'm sure we're all aware that the majority of players have no issues at all.

Given the quality of players lately, I am not sure the majority of players would notice these issues at all, as it could barely affect their performance any more to the negative...

• Funny 1

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, A_useless_noob said:

4 needs changing to reflect people who sent no ticket.

They can't help with no ticket.

Yeap, can't answer the poll because of question 4 missing something like "Not Applicable".

The poll would work if we didn't have to answer every question. I suppose it's a limitation of this forum.

Sign in to follow this