You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

Is the Puerto Rico gonna

36 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,249 posts
7,236 battles

Dissapear ?

Or will it be in premium shop ?

I am a bit into stage 5 of the build..

Is it (and 2k steel + 15k coal + 40 valuable signal flags + 15 good cammos +  2 perma new year cammos ) worth buying for 35k dubloons ? 

Is it a good ship ?

What do you fellow whales say ?

Players
6,820 posts
245 battles

I heard alaska is a better rico, but im not entirely sure she will be staying for an extended period of time or coming back again (lol probs could understand why).

If you really want her get her, although 35k doubloons is pretty steep its a shame you didnt manage to get any discounts on her (i know shes a tier 10 and shes an alright ship in her own respects, but still).

Either way enjoy her, while i attempt to upgrade my pc from win7 to win10 lol.

• Cool 1

[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

well, PR is not Alaska. Has better armor, worst rudder, same guns. Can tank better, is better at kitting. I am not a cruiser player, so my opinion is not count, but I feel better at Alaska.

I feel  PR  "heavy"

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
1 hour ago, Ronchabale said:

Is it (and 2k steel + 15k coal + 40 valuable signal flags + 15 good cammos +  2 perma new year cammos ) worth buying for 35k dubloons ? 

I say "nay"

• Cool 5

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
300 posts
7,588 battles

I'm a collector/whale, and having just played my first game in the PR, all I can say is....

I'd be absolutely furious if I'd paid more than the first two doubloon boosters for it. It's bad. Really bad..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,197 posts
44 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

I'm a collector/whale, and having just played my first game in the PR, all I can say is....

I'd be absolutely furious if I'd paid more than the first two doubloon boosters for it. It's bad. Really bad..

The shaft alone is worth it! :Smile_trollface:

[SV]
Players
742 posts
11,566 battles

nu clue what people say its a really good ship, 

21 57.14% 1 424 103 440

i know the stats are not great need more games to truly say if its good but i tank around 3-4 milion like every game, its a really good ship.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,820 battles

it's not worth 35k dubs 4 sure! 15k it is though, on the other side there's that whole "thing" with it.... so, nope. not worth 35k dubs imho

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
300 posts
7,588 battles
25 minutes ago, albin322 said:

nu clue what people say its a really good ship, 

21 57.14% 1 424 103 440

i know the stats are not great need more games to truly say if its good but i tank around 3-4 milion like every game, its a really good ship.

I think you got a buffed one then?

It's the guns which let it down... they're just so derpy; either godlike accuracy, or Missouri dispersion. Either they all bounce or shatter, or they all penetrate. 

It's not Yubari terrible, but so far I put it down with the Roma and Vanguard as 'could be useful if WeeGee had given guns which work reliably'.

Props for your average damage though

Players
9,881 posts
11,605 battles
27 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

it's not worth 35k dubs 4 sure! 15k it is though, on the other side there's that whole "thing" with it.... so, nope. not worth 35k dubs imho

One positive of PR, you can't just blap her no matter how broadside one shows to you. While 12gun broadside with wheelbarrow pinch of RNGesus blessing is going to hurt one way or another.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,498 posts
19,749 battles
5 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

No, not for 35k. If you can get it to 25k then it's a maybe. If you have it for 15k and haven't spent any dubs on boosters then it's a yes.

It will be long until the ship becomes available again and we might see it rebalanced.

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
742 posts
11,566 battles
18 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

I think you got a buffed one then?

It's the guns which let it down... they're just so derpy; either godlike accuracy, or Missouri dispersion. Either they all bounce or shatter, or they all penetrate. 

It's not Yubari terrible, but so far I put it down with the Roma and Vanguard as 'could be useful if WeeGee had given guns which work reliably'.

Props for your average damage though

i mainly shoot he only switch to ap when i have total broadside. so many shells means fire almost every salvo. its just a awsome fire starter.

• Cool 2

Players
330 posts
8,836 battles

In my experience playing both Alaska and Puerto Rico, I consider the PR to have a higher skill threshold to really get to grips with her. The Puerto Rico's maneuverability is straight-up awful (I keep the stock 15.9 sec rudder shift rather than using the module because reasons). However, I very much enjoy the ship. It has a lot of smacking power and you can do very silly things with it that you wouldn't get away with even when playing the Alaska.

I like both ships, but they each have their own quirks. I use Halsey (my Montana captain) on both, FYI. If you've ever played the Kronshtadt, imagine a ship about as tanky (perhaps more), with more consistent accuracy and an extra turret to boot.

[CAIN]
Players
4,385 posts
18,527 battles
6 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Dissapear ?

Or will it be in premium shop ?

I am a bit into stage 5 of the build..

Is it a good ship ?

What do you fellow whales say ?

Depends.

It‘s a tankier Alaska, that doesn’t like bow-in action but kiting instead. 

If i were you AND I had 35k dubloons lying around, I would get it. If I didn’t had 35k dubs already, I would not spend money to buy her. 

According to WG dudes, she may  return at some point, although nobody knows how, when and for what resources. 

Same as the Benham. 

Do you have the Alaska? 

Do you have the Dubloons? 

Do you enjoy getting focused and like to tank millions of potential damage?

Do you like getting team killled or damaged by team mates?

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,036 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Depends.

If i were you AND I had 35k dubloons lying around, I would get it. If I didn’t had 35k dubs already, I would not spend money to buy her. 

Do you have the Alaska? 

I am also tempted to get PR but it does not seem to be a kiting monster to me. I have other ships that do better in that role. Also I do not like very much the low shell velocity...

But I find PR a very beautiful ship !

[RODS]
Players
1,249 posts
7,236 battles
40 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Depends.

According to WG dudes, she may  return at some point, although nobody knows how, when and for what resources. 

Same as the Benham. 

Do you have the Alaska? 

Do you like getting team killled or damaged by team mates?

Yes - Have the Alaska

Yes - Have dubloons

Yes - Enjoy getting focused (like the Zao)

No - Dont much enjoy teammates shooting me, why would they do that tho ?

Guess my plan to work 8 hours instead of grinding 150 hours payed off, i did get it.

( and the and 2k steel + 15k coal + 40 valuable signal flags + 15 good cammos +  2 perma new year cammos )

Hope it is worth it. (in a few days I will try it when I finished grinding Legendary mod for Zao)

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Hope it is worth it. (in a few days I will try it when I finished grinding Legendary mod for Zao)

Hope so too, but everything I have seen says it's not.

• Cool 1

Players
186 posts
7,810 battles
5 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

well, PR is not Alaska. Has better armor, worst rudder, same guns. Can tank better, is better at kitting. I am not a cruiser player, so my opinion is not count, but I feel better at Alaska.

I feel  PR  "heavy"

Pretty much feel like this about it, I grinded through to the last stage so it cost 15k, I like Alaska and still kinda like the PR too after a quick test of it.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,207 posts
7,687 battles

It Depends on what you want to do with the Ship.

PR comes with a Mediocre AA. But also Sports Hydro and Radar.

Its a Supercruiser with a Heal and alot of HP.

And while the Armor is clearly lacking in alot of Aspects especially against HE. It is very Hard to Citadel making it much more Tanky than most People think.

The Guns are Meh. And the Penetration wont get you into Citadels for most BBs. But at the same time. You got 12 Guns which are Fairly Accurate and which thanks to that low Penetration are very Good at Deleting Enemy Cruisers as you have a far lower risk of Overpenning them like most BBs do :)

If your mostly Playing Solo in Random Battles. Then this Ship is not really worth Investing into.

Its mostly a Support Ship with little Capacity to work by itself.

If however your part of an Active Clan and mostly Play in Divisions or even Clan Battles.

Then the Story is Different. As the Ship clearly comes which alot of Potential as being a Support Ship for a Division or Team.

• Cool 1

Players
1,456 posts
6 hours ago, Panocek said:

One positive of PR, you can't just blap her no matter how broadside one shows to you. While 12gun broadside with wheelbarrow pinch of RNGesus blessing is going to hurt one way or another.

Except that you can citadel a PR from 16km plus and do 10-15k plus dmg in one salvo.

Players
9,881 posts
11,605 battles
4 hours ago, L8viathan said:

Except that you can citadel a PR from 16km plus and do 10-15k plus dmg in one salvo.

Still better than "you can citadel a normal cruiser at any range and do 10-15k plus dmg in one salvo".

Players
1,456 posts
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Still better than "you can citadel a normal cruiser at any range and do 10-15k plus dmg in one salvo".

But it doesn't mean u can't citadel PR at any range either. It is just a tankier cruiser, but still a cruiser that can be citadeled any time. I like to focus more on its guns that its tankiness personally, as those guns can double cita or cita venezia and similar sorts of other cruisers from 21km.

Players
1,438 posts
6,763 battles

For me it's a big no for 25000 doubloons and would be a maybe for 15000, but I wouldn't even fork out 25000+ for a Stalingrad.

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
609 posts
14,074 battles
14 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

It isnt bad at all, i would assume you are playing incorrectly more than it being 'bad'.