Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Earthglade

wrong ship purchased by another family member

21 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
7,027 battles

Hi 

Help needed, I have been saving up for The Venezia, but a member of my family managed to get onto my game and played and purchased a t10 ship Hindenberg.

apart from chastising the person who did this, what can be done ?

do you think I could get it refunded so I can purchase the correct ship or is there no chance.?

• Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,767 posts
5,290 battles

Could try contacting WGCS, but can't get much help here on the forums sadly.

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

With a normal company with normal business proceedings and adherence to rules and truth, I would say account security is your own responsibility. Apart from breaking the culprit's fingers and change of your password (you HAVE a password?)… I would not put too much faith into rewinding history here.

• Cool 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
244 posts
4,210 battles

Probably no chance, especially since battles got played with it. Customer support is often very tolerant with restoring wrong purchases (as long it can be restored) from the armory or a current example, wrong boxes bought. Yet they only did it for unopened boxes and unplayed ships.

Try a ticket, but as already mentioned, I dont think this is going to work.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,528 posts
6,013 battles

It's not as if it takes that long to grind the 20-ish million credits you need to buy and equip a T10. What's the rush? :fish_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,492 posts
11,162 battles

Were you trying to get it with freeXP?

if not you can quickly earn credits with premium time.

[ST33L]
[ST33L]
Beta Tester
91 posts
7,648 battles

They might allow an account rollback to before the purchase. I think they allow that once per account. 

Explane and ask nicely in a ticket on what option they can give you. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,678 battles
28 minutes ago, Earthglade said:

Hi 

Help needed, I have been saving up for The Venezia, but a member of my family managed to get onto my game and played and purchased a t10 ship Hindenberg.

do you think I could get it refunded so I can purchase the correct ship or is there no chance.?

Errrr... you have over 100 games in hinden, which you bought in 2018? 

• Cool 1

Players
6,360 posts
10,594 battles
1 minute ago, Earthglade said:

Had it but sold it .... 

Then I guess your problem is with credits and not with free XP. So play some lower tier. You should either way you have no business on T10, thats why you dont have credits so there is your problem in the first place.

• Cool 2

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,532 battles

On a side note... I'd strongly advise NOT to sell any higher tier ship, especially T10. No matter how bad you think it is.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,528 posts
6,013 battles

Not quite sure what's so funny, tbh :fish_book:

With the free premium time I've had thrown after me the last month (plus bonus credits from stuff like getting ships I've already got), I've earned enough credits to:

-Buy and equip the Z-52

-Buy and equip the Gneisenau

-Equip the Yoshino

-And I have enough to buy and equip another T10 as well.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,378 posts
2,939 battles

Hm.
Technically your account has been "hacked". But if it was in any way your fault (and "relative X managed to get in my account" usually means something along the lines of "I left my session open at a party" or this kind of things) WG has no reason to help and will not do so.
Even if it was not your fault at all, since it's only silver, WG is likely not to do anything.

You can ask the customer support. Don't get your hopes up though. We are not allowed to discuss the quality of the WGCS here, but... just don't get your hopes up. Chances are, you'll have to regrind for money. That, and pay more attention to account security from now on...

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
7,027 battles

Thanks Guys .. WG was no help .. 

will have to start the grinder again ..

lesson learned 😡😡

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,762 posts
10,278 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, Earthglade said:

lesson learned 😡😡

grinding for what?
I suppose you already researched the ship you want instead of hindi,

when you sold your hindi, with modules you probably got, you should have made around 10 to 12 mil credits..

you just need 10 more for venezia and its modules.. (which some of them comes from the hindi you've just sold)

so, you can get 500K profit on premiums with economic flags..

makes what.. 20 games?

hardly a grined If you ask me

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,247 battles
On 1/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Earthglade said:

Hi 

1) Stop giving the kids your credit card.

2) Put a log-in Password into your computer and auto-lock when idle.

3) Do not save your PW into the browser / gaming center.

4) Open support ticket with WG and hope for the best.

:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,976 posts
11,665 battles
On 1/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Earthglade said:

Hi 

'a family member' eh?

Have you thought about not drinking so much next time? Or perhaps even just being honest and saying 'look, i don't like the hindi, can i reverse a choice I made?' - no-one here will shoot you about it. We're all friends in these parts.

Relax matey, just kidding.

• Funny 2

Players
25 posts
7,027 battles

Listen guys , it was a family problem..all sorted .. I hold my hands up, my security was crap ...

I actually got double research points on her ( Hindenburg).😃 enough to buy the Venezia,so now I can have both 👍🏻👍🏻

• Cool 2

Players
392 posts
7,897 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Earthglade said:

lesson learned 😡😡

Yep, I was going to inform you that access to your account is of your own responsibility.  Anything that happens with it is not WG's liability.  Unless something nefarious happens.

Here is a story to make this feel better for you.

I bought the Georgia by mistake instead of Jean Bart (yes, it's hard to guess how, but just go with it. It was a mistake, it was late and I was very tired too).  So I played a few games, then it hit me.  Wait a sec, this isn't Jean Bart.  I submitted a ticket hoping that they would roll back my coal + Steel purchase (yeah yeah, I had itchy trigger finger), WG said no. No dice. I felt sad, but I accepted my mistake and learned from it. 

Sorry that you have to regrind the credits when you didn't have to initially.

For some playing 20 plus games may be easy mode, but for some we have other things to attend do or other games.  I feel for ya.

[SHAD]
Players
2,492 posts
11,162 battles
6 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Yep, I was going to inform you that access to your account is of your own responsibility.  Anything that happens with it is not WG's liability.  Unless something nefarious happens.

Here is a story to make this feel better for you.

I bought the Georgia by mistake instead of Jean Bart (yes, it's hard to guess how, but just go with it. It was a mistake, it was late and I was very tired too).  So I played a few games, then it hit me.  Wait a sec, this isn't Jean Bart.  I submitted a ticket hoping that they would roll back my coal + Steel purchase (yeah yeah, I had itchy trigger finger), WG said no. No dice. I felt sad, but I accepted my mistake and learned from it. 

Sorry that you have to regrind the credits when you didn't have to initially.

For some playing 20 plus games may be easy mode, but for some we have other things to attend do or other games.  I feel for ya.

Could have been  the Yoshino!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this