You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Flavio1997

Next ranked is gonna be Fun!

38 comments in this topic

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,810 battles

Screenshot_20200113-152807_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.3d787cab255fda67248f4c0e3bea6e61.jpg

So imagine the fun you will have whn a cv spots you and a smolensk with 2-2.5 secs reload he spam you...yayyyyy!

• Funny 3
  • Angry 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,277 posts
10,045 battles

Previous arms race was good fun. Let's wait and see how arms race with cvs will turn out. Less yolo'ing towards the middle buffs I presume. 

• Cool 5

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,775 posts
26,611 battles

Why everything have to be T10. Can we have one Ranked season that is not T10 please? You know there are other tiers WG, right? Not fricking Smolensk fiesta again. 

• Cool 16
  • Bad 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles

Really disliked arms race.

It's like playing a cartoon and ffffaaaarrrr to arcade for my tastes 

Smol's and Klebers.  Oh the pain. The one with the better CV player wins. 

and another tier 10, yay...I've give this one a miss. 

God that sounds negative but only being honest.  Defo doesn't flick my switch. 

I wouldn't mind a full rank with 1 vs 1.

• Cool 7

[SV]
Players
735 posts
11,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Really disliked arms race.

It's like playing a cartoon and ffffaaaarrrr to arcade for my tastes 

Smol's and Klebers.  Oh the pain. 

hahahha like this whole game isnt a arcade :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Players
372 posts
5,656 battles
23 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

Screenshot_20200113-152807_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.3d787cab255fda67248f4c0e3bea6e61.jpg

So imagine the fun you will have whn a cv spots you and a smolensk with 2-2.5 secs reload he spam you...yayyyyy!

Just hope your cv spots the Smolensk first.

load HE and blow him to smithereens

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles
17 hours ago, albin322 said:

hahahha like this whole game isnt a arcade :cap_haloween:

Lol. But there is a limit and "Arms Race" passes that mark by some distance. 

I can at a painful push deal with Lights cruisers, DD's owning Heavy cruisers and CV's targeting DD's (lol, Real life, Lol) all of which happens now.

but that is a step too far.

• Cool 2

Players
1,499 posts
11,265 battles

WoWs checklist 2020:

• don't spend any money on WoWs ✔
  • skip ranked season(s) ✔
  • skip grindy events ✔
  • …TBC …
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles

Ranked is seen as a much much more frustrating experience that randoms. 

Potatoes, AND THERE ARE MANY are more pronounced in ranked because you have less players, just liked CB's. 

Winning a ranked games come down to not being on the team with the highest amount of potatoes. It's the luck of the draw.

• Cool 3

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles

How about bracketing players regarding ranked?

Random WR's

below 40%

40% - 45%

45% - 50%

50% - 55%

55% - 60%

Above 60%

So you get placed with your own peers.  Then if you lose, it's less a case of having muppets on your team but the enemy actually being that bit BETTER and TACTICALLY better.

Randoms is what it is and random.  But when you play competitive modes that have rewards then i really do think there should be a system in place.  

but then again, games like this thrive off frustration. 

@MrConway much appetite for this? With the amount of players in this game, MM wouldn't be hard to do at all with waiting times quite low. I mean the brackets can be flexible.

So it's fair for everyone.  I'm not having potatoes on my team throwing games like it's going out of fashion and nor i'm i shooting them like crippled ducks in a barrel on the enemy team and they feeling crap about themselves.  Trust me, ALL people will feel better even if they lose.  

It's a win win from the players point of view. 

it's not perfect, but it's alot fairer and much better than what you have going on right now.  It's not hard to see that many are just giving up on these things with the same old same old. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
13 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

WoWs checklist 2020:

• don't spend any money on WoWs ✔
  • skip ranked season(s) ✔
  • skip grindy events ✔
  • …TBC …

Sounds sane. Since I came back to the game some weeks ago I've just been playing for fun, ignoring missions and anything that doesn't seem fun at the moment.

However, ranked could still be fun, so I'm going to see how it plays out, but I'm not going to force myself to get a certain rank. Probably not gonna play my Kebab this ranked though. She used to be strong in ranked, but now I'm less sure. Salem could be fun.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles
16 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

Ranked and fun are two words that never go together 

This ^^

But it's subjective so that circle will go round and round. 

I enjoy ranked sprints because they are fun and you don't rely other players not being complete and utter potatoes. 

Like i said, I enjoyed 1 vs 1 and would love a full ranked at that.  We can deal with the CV's ruining the show but when they rank out, it's anyone's. 

because when you win a 1 vs 1 battle...YOU did it.  You was better then the enemy ship and your tactics were superior.  There is a sense of achievement. 

Without a shadow of a doubt, the best games i have ever had in this game since Beta were against the best players and winning 1 vs 1. 

Old RST CV's were the pinnacle of that when it was you vs the CV's, something long gone now. only old RTS CV players will understand that. 

• Cool 1

[77MM]
Players
404 posts
14,213 battles
18 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

Ranked and fun are two words that never go together 

1vs1 was fun.

I might try to pick up some flags, but that's about it. Playing against a CV in a DD is bad enough in randoms. With only 6 other ships to spot - no thanks...

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Players
22 posts
12,812 battles
1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

1vs1 was fun.

I might try to pick up some flags, but that's about it. Playing against a CV in a DD is bad enough in randoms. With only 6 other ships to spot - no thanks...

Ranked Sprint can actually be fun, mostly due to the fact you can bring a div mate along. When I was on NA friend and dived in a Belfast and Sinop and we had great fun. Regular ranked however is hell on earth.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
286 posts
35,722 battles

no class restrictions....imagine being the one and only DD in your team in a 6CV/1DD team versus a 6CV/1DD team (assuming class types are mirrored by MM)

Sometimes a minimum of information is good but it can also bring nightmares:)

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,372 posts
18,493 battles

Luckily, all i want from ranked is the flag for rank 15 and ~800 Steel. 

As soon i have that, this Ranked Arms Race CV/ Smolensk $hit Fiesta can go frak itself. 

And the guy at WG HQ who had the glorious idea to to make it TX again with Smolensk AND CVs that benfit from these Boosters can do it as well.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,055 posts
10,564 battles
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

How about bracketing players regarding ranked?

Random WR's

below 40%

40% - 45%

45% - 50%

50% - 55%

55% - 60%

Above 60%

So you get placed with your own peers.  Then if you lose, it's less a case of having muppets on your team but the enemy actually being that bit BETTER and TACTICALLY better.

Randoms is what it is and random.  But when you play competitive modes that have rewards then i really do think there should be a system in place.  

but then again, games like this thrive off frustration. 

@MrConway much appetite for this? With the amount of players in this game, MM wouldn't be hard to do at all with waiting times quite low. I mean the brackets can be flexible.

So it's fair for everyone.  I'm not having potatoes on my team throwing games like it's going out of fashion and nor i'm i shooting them like crippled ducks in a barrel on the enemy team and they feeling crap about themselves.  Trust me, ALL people will feel better even if they lose.  

It's a win win from the players point of view. 

it's not perfect, but it's alot fairer and much better than what you have going on right now.  It's not hard to see that many are just giving up on these things with the same old same old. 

Potatoes dominate this game, they are masters of this game their influence knows no limits. Sometimes the team with the most potatoes win.

Put an Unicom with potatoes and he will lose

Put a potato with potatoes, and he will win

Bracketing players will not work.

Potatoes are everywhere,  present in  every level.

• Cool 1

Players
1,487 posts
14,046 battles
3 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

There will be no CV's allowed in this ranked. It was on the dev blog.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,594 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

Link plz? 

I havent found it anywhere

Players
2,883 posts
16,293 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

Are you sure that isnt CB you mean?

[SV]
Players
735 posts
11,503 battles
5 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Lol. But there is a limit and "Arms Race" passes that mark by some distance. 

I can at a painful push deal with Lights cruisers, DD's (Kleber) owning Heavy cruisers and CV's targeting DD's (lol, Real life, Lol) all of which happens now.

but that is a step too far.

yes agrred cause driving into capps and win games that way is really historiculy acurate :Smile_trollface:

Players
463 posts
10,451 battles

I never liked ranked. I dont have the patience, the frustration just grows and I play worse and worse. Sprint is good fun though.

Last ranked I wanted R11, after that was to much work for to little rewards. It took 6 games, 5 wins and 1 was a starsaved loss.

This time I will own Colbert and Smolensk... It might be fun just to mess around ;)

[TTT]
Players
576 posts
12,045 battles

I am a simple man.

I see "Arms Race", I auto ignore.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,420 posts

So, regular ranked seasons were normal ranked seasons. 

Then, arms race mode was invented as a variety which led to ranked sprints, an easier and fun version of regular ranked season.

Now both are combined into one? 

Edit: Remembered now. We had this mode last year in January with T9 ships. It is not sprints but screwed regular ranked  with arms race. Apparently, it became a fashion to release this event once a year. No skill needed, just rush the caps.

• Bad 1