You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

The new Brit cruisers.......

17 comments in this topic

Players
3,213 posts

I am told by a reliable source that thy are good, very very good, better say the the Gorzia, but the I read in the upcoming update blurb, short range and high shell arc, this sadly made me think of the Atlanta.

Opinions guys, you looking forward to these, I sort of am without really knowing why.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,411 posts
13,277 battles

I must say I find myself rather looking forward to them, although I'm spectacularly bad in cruisers.

I rather like the torp/gun combination of the IJN, and this looks vaguely similar, plus you get the single fire torps (albeit with floaty gun arcs, but I play US DDs quite a bit, so am vaguely used to that). If I remember correctly, you get a healing potion from T8 too, which *might* help with the horrible survival quotient that T8 cruisers often have (due to regularly meeting T10).

Plus, they're RN - as a Brit, it would be rude not to...

• Cool 6

Players
1,405 posts
6,601 battles
On 1/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, _Weikath_ said:

Main battery reload times were changed:

• Surrey, tier VII: from 13 to 12.5 s;
  • Albemarle, tier VIII: from 14 to 13 s;
  • Cheshire, tier VIII: from 15 to 13 s
  • Drake, tier IX: from 16.5 to 18.5 s;
  • Goliath, tier X: from 19.5 to 19 s.

We adjusted the parameters of British heavy cruisers based on testing results.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles

RN shell arcs and travel time aren't so bad in my opinion.

If I have to compare the ballistics of eg Cossack with the US 127 mm destroyer guns, it's not even a contest, even though they look similar on paper.

I think the new ships will work fine aswell, and I am looking forward to them. :)

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,129 posts
13,616 battles

I've been testing them for the last weeks and I would describe them as "RN-cruisers with IJN-guns, good heal -  but without smoke"

- T5-T8 have a very limited range (like the RN-CL), the range-plane comes in handy. T9-T10 get more range, but seem to be less agile.

- They are as squishy as RN-CL and with a lack of smoke they get smacked easily

- on the other hand they have a good heal

Generally I'd say I like to play them. They are not that strong, but rather easy to play.

Spam HE, in case of misplay go dark and heal-up. Actually totally like a Conqueror. :fish_haloween:

PS: no, they don't have USN-arcs. I haven't checked the values but they totally felt like IJN-balistics.

PPS: Don't bring the T7 to Narai. Light cruisers do way better there.

• Cool 4

Players
538 posts
5,904 battles
1 minute ago, genosse said:

RN shell arcs and travel time aren't so bad in my opinion.

If I have to compare the ballistics of eg Cossack with the US 127 mm destroyer guns, it's not even a contest, even though they look similar on paper.

I think the new ships will work fine aswell, and I am looking forward to them. :)

This. At least for the first 8" gun they should get, if Exeter is anything to go by the shell arcs are rather comfortable to use. And from the very few clips I've seen of the T10, the ballistics look somewhat similar to Henri's: not these "railguns" we see on mystical made-up guns (which would have like a barrel life of 100 rounds or less, but anyway), but certainly not as high-arching like Des Moines, Worcester and so on.

I'm interested to try them out, and like Verblonde said, British so it'd be rude not to :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,749 battles

Tier 9 and 10 with ifhe can pen the kremlin/soyuz  and he blap the smolensk

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,749 posts
26,526 battles
38 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I am told by a reliable source that thy are good, very very good, better say the the Gorzia

Better then Gorizia? How shocking! I thought that nothing could be better then Gorizia. They must be OP then.

• Funny 11

[MORIA]
Players
7,285 posts
35,878 battles
1 hour ago, Flavio1997 said:

Tier 9 and 10 with ifhe can pen the kremlin/soyuz  and he blap the smolensk

I got ifhe on Azuma/Yoshino commender to damage the deck of Yamato, Musashi, Izumo and Kremlin+Soyuz. But on Brits you get 58mm base pen. So you pen the IJN T9-10. For me ifhe isn't necessary to get just for those 2 ships. 

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Ocsimano18 sagte:
Am 10.1.2020 um 17:30, _Weikath_ sagte:

Main battery reload times were changed:

• Surrey, tier VII: from 13 to 12.5 s;
  • Albemarle, tier VIII: from 14 to 13 s;
  • Cheshire, tier VIII: from 15 to 13 s
  • Drake, tier IX: from 16.5 to 18.5 s;
  • Goliath, tier X: from 19.5 to 19 s.

We adjusted the parameters of British heavy cruisers based on testing results.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Given the unsurprising fact that none of those ever sailed, making up and changing parameters is not an issue.

[LADA]
Players
543 posts
8,376 battles

The impression I got was that they were closer to a 'true' CA / heavy cruiser - decent armour (for a cruiser), heavy gun batteries (for a cruiser) and enough utility to be fairly balanced against most opposition. Not particularly spammy in terms of a hail of HE being hosed at you - but a pretty hard hitting AP/HE salvo if they connect with cruiser-type targets up to and including the Super Heavy Cruisers. 

Having gone up against a few Goliaths being tested on the live server I was impressed/horrified at what it was capable of doing to my Alaska and Krondstadt. Those T10 guns pack quite a whallop if they catch you at the right angle!

If they make the line fairly decent but not OP then it's a win.

• Cool 5

Players
6,754 posts
245 battles

Hmm, im liking the sound of these. Damm might actually pick up the game again (providing my pc doesn’t implode or do a large funny while upgrading from win7 to win10).

Always wanted to play punchy heavy cruisers with some armour and decent-very good survivability (for a heavy anyways).

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
Players
176 posts
5,644 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

Hmm, im liking the sound of these. Damm might actually pick up the game again (providing my pc doesn’t implode or do a large funny while upgrading from win7 to win10).

Always wanted to play punchy heavy cruisers with some armour and decent-very good survivability (for a heavy anyways).

Yes, playing OP ships is always nice :cap_like:.

• Cool 1

Players
6,754 posts
245 battles
28 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

In what ways are they OP in?

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
31 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

Have you even been watching the British cruisers being tested? They are far from OP.

• Cool 3

[ALONE]
Modder
2,129 posts
13,616 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Centurion_1711 sagte:

[...] Exeter is anything to go [...]

Yes, they play exactly like the Exeter.

• Cool 1