Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Carroda

Can someone explain how I have the captain Kirishima, but appearantly there is no record of me ever owning the ship? ( WG Support... )

12 comments in this topic

Question

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

In a recent facebook post made by The mighty Jingles, he said that the ARP ships would be converted to 'full' premium ships.

In the same post, he posted a link to Reddit, that if you ever sold one of those ships, it would be possible to get it back.

Now, back in the day, I'm 100% certain I sold one ARP ship, (couldnt remember wich one, but it was Yellow :fish_nerv: )   So I looked through my captains list, to see wich one this could've been.

The only special captain there, was Kirishima.   Looking up pictures of the ship to jog my memory confirmed it, thats the one I sold.

So I went out to contact the Support, only to get told, there is no record of me selling the ship.  after a couple of messages back and forth, they stuck to that answer, and closed the ticket.  They however never explained to me how I could still have Kirishima as a captain, while (according to them) never have owned the ship.   They linked me to the player page, where you can see the battles done with each ship.   the funny thing is, I never played with it, I just sold it since I didnt like the way it looked.  My ARP Kongö, wich I still do have, also doesn't show up in that particular list.  Suggesting that list is far from a perfect representation.

Like said, it was a long time ago, so I'm not going to point fingers or anything.  But this has been nagging me now.

Was it possible to obtain the ARP captain Kirishima without having the ship "ARP Kirishima"?  Because support basically just 'slammed' the door on me, without explaining this.

Kirishima captain.png

11 answers to this question

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
6 hours ago, Carroda said:

In a recent facebook post made by The mighty Jingles, he said that the ARP ships would be converted to 'full' premium ships.

In the same post, he posted a link to Reddit, that if you ever sold one of those ships, it would be possible to get it back.

Now, back in the day, I'm 100% certain I sold one ARP ship, (couldnt remember wich one, but it was Yellow :fish_nerv: )   So I looked through my captains list, to see wich one this could've been.

The only special captain there, was Kirishima.   Looking up pictures of the ship to jog my memory confirmed it, thats the one I sold.

So I went out to contact the Support, only to get told, there is no record of me selling the ship.  after a couple of messages back and forth, they stuck to that answer, and closed the ticket.  They however never explained to me how I could still have Kirishima as a captain, while (according to them) never have owned the ship.   They linked me to the player page, where you can see the battles done with each ship.   the funny thing is, I never played with it, I just sold it since I didnt like the way it looked.  My ARP Kongö, wich I still do have, also doesn't show up in that particular list.  Suggesting that list is far from a perfect representation.

Like said, it was a long time ago, so I'm not going to point fingers or anything.  But this has been nagging me now.

Was it possible to obtain the ARP captain Kirishima without having the ship "ARP Kirishima"?  Because support basically just 'slammed' the door on me, without explaining this.

Kirishima captain.png

I just double-checked and you did indeed never complete the mission for the ship, only the mission for the captain. We may link the list as something for you to reference, but we check our internal logs to actually verify if someone had a specific ship :)

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I have two Kirishima Captains. Three if I include Yotaro.

So yes, it seems it was possible to get her in other ways.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

Ok,  thanks for the info.  Guess I should've played some battles with the ship before selling her then.   (since thats the only way they can keep track of sold ships it seems.)
(don't want to cause any drama or whatever..  just didn't like beeing brushed aside without that ever beeing answered. :) )

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 minute ago, Carroda said:

Ok,  thanks for the info.  Guess I should've played some battles with the ship before selling her then.   (since thats the only way they can keep track of sold ships it seems.)
(don't want to cause any drama or whatever..  just didn't like beeing brushed aside without that ever beeing answered. :) )

We can still try to call in our CMs and see if they can help.

@MrConway@Crysantos

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

Would be awesome, But I doubt it would do much good.   I think it's at least 2 years ago since I sold it, so its was a long shot anyways.   I'm already happy to know I 'could' have gotten the captain through other means than owning the ship, so unless WG still has a record of me having it, they wouldn't know for sure.  ( I know I did have a yellow ARP ship, but from me its just hearsay, and I can understand that they would see it as such. :Smile_Default: )

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
6 minutes ago, Carroda said:

I know I did have a yellow ARP ship

By the way:

Kirishima is green. Haruna is the yellow one

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

Hmm.. then it must be my memory failing me here. (Or the 20 year old CRT monitor I used to play on. :fish_glass:

But like said, thanks for the info.   Now that I know the captains could be obtained through other means, I'm completely dependent on the records, wich don't show it since I've never played it. So its my own fault, And I can have peace with that.  :Smile_smile:

Players
985 posts
11,537 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

I just double-checked and you did indeed never complete the mission for the ship, only the mission for the captain. We may link the list as something for you to reference, but we check our internal logs to actually verify if someone had a specific ship :)

You guys got logs on all of that still?

Heck, im impressed!

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

Thanks for the info.  Thats all I wanted to know.  Guess my memory isn't as good as i had hoped. :Smile_teethhappy:    But with the ARP Kongö not showing up, and me having the Kirishima captain, I had to ask.

So thanks for double checking for me.  Keep up the good work.  

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
11 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

You guys got logs on all of that still?

Heck, im impressed!

Of course we do, otherwise we would not be able to offer services like the ship restoration to people :)

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this