You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

"Hall of Fame" (i.e. "Directive 7" done) stats across all WoWs servers...

46 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

According to Reddit here are the stats (for other servers it is from yesterday because they already finished the event - EU finishes tomorrow morning):

• 124 on EU
  • 59 on NA
  • 167 on RU
  • 50 on ASIA

So... in total 400... with overall number of WoWs players at 1.000.000 the rate of success is very very low...

EU "Hall of Fame":

https://leaderboard.worldofwarships.eu/en/#/

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3
  • Angry 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,795 posts
2 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:
  • 124 on EU
  • 59 84 on NA
  • 167 221 on RU
  • 50 82 on ASIA

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I'm more surprised that people actually managed to complete Stage7, and I'm very afraid that it will give WG the munitions it craves, so they can say: "see, it could be done, the event was not unreasonable and not impossible to complete", making the following events that are coming equally as ridiculous.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

14 minutes ago, Klopirat said:
  • 124 on EU
  • 59 84 on NA
  • 167 221 on RU
  • 50 82 on ASIA

Updated data... good... their sites can't be accessed any more BTW... :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apolo11"

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles

Thing is, even people who DO complete directive 7 are not at all guaranteed to get Puerto Rico for free if they were trying to do so. So while this is an indicator, we can take roughly half of the initial 400 people to have actually gotten Puerto Rico for free- assuming they didnt buy boosters to begin with. 
Lets be generous and assume none actually did. 
From the later added players (Klopirat's update) none would have been in time if i'm correct to get PR for free). 

Leaving a stunning total estimate of 200 people of a 1M estimated playerbase, or 0.02%, to have gotten the PR for free

• Cool 2

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
405 posts
11,985 battles

I guess WG made their Dev time investment back for the PR... depending on the profit margin, will WG consider this a success and try it again in the future?

[SV]
Players
686 posts
11,312 battles
4 minutes ago, iFax said:

I guess WG made their Dev time investment back for the PR... depending on the profit margin, will WG consider this a success and try it again in the future?

yes please would like a similar event if the just gave us longer time or toned down the requirements !

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,795 posts
17 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

their sites can't be accessed any more BTW

works fine for me

Players
372 posts
5,635 battles

I wonder if we’ll ever see a stage breakdown. 

I suspect most players got to around stage 15-20 of the Ship building.

Players
9,814 posts
11,484 battles
34 minutes ago, albin322 said:

yes please would like a similar event if the just gave us longer time or toned down the requirements !

If anything, it will be other way around - shorter and/or even more ridiculous.

If you take a look at "marathons" WoWs served us so far, requirements went only up.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

works fine for me

For me both NA and RU:

https://leaderboard.worldofwarships.com/en/#/

https://leaderboard.worldofwarships.ru/en/#/

just show: "Competitive Battles haven't started yet"

The Asia works though (my mistake):

https://leaderboard.worldofwarships.asia/en/#/

Leo "Apollo11"

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,795 posts
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

just show: "Competitive Battles haven't started yet"

re-select the date again and it will show the list

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

7 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

re-select the date again and it will show the list

Idiot me... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[LADA]
Players
543 posts
8,376 battles
1 hour ago, iFax said:

I personally don't think so...

The Benham grind was nutty as anything but nowhere near the level of insanity of the PR grind. It did however however work enough for WG to try a bigger grind for a bigger prize. only this time it blew up in their face. The numbers show this very keenly. If another dockyard event ever saw the light of day it will much smaller in scale because this event has been a flop.

The bad blood and damage to WG in terms of reputation (not a high bar to begin with) is less easy to find out. It only takes a few whales to be put off spending as a result of all this to hit WG in future events. 

I expect near total silence from the WG marketing stooges about the PR - they'll likely pretend it never happened and wheel out something else to try and distract the players from the whole disaster. 

SUBMARINES! Aren't they pretty! Shiny! Oooooh. These will be great! WG won't release a whole new class onto servers until it's ready - don't worry!

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
405 posts
11,985 battles
45 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I personally don't think so...

The Benham grind was nutty as anything but nowhere near the level of insanity of the PR grind. It did however however work enough for WG to try a bigger grind for a bigger prize. only this time it blew up in their face. The numbers show this very keenly. If another dockyard event ever saw the light of day it will much smaller in scale because this event has been a flop.

The bad blood and damage to WG in terms of reputation (not a high bar to begin with) is less easy to find out. It only takes a few whales to be put off spending as a result of all this to hit WG in future events. 

I expect near total silence from the WG marketing stooges about the PR - they'll likely pretend it never happened and wheel out something else to try and distract the players from the whole disaster. 

SUBMARINES! Aren't they pretty! Shiny! Oooooh. These will be great! WG won't release a whole new class onto servers until it's ready - don't worry!

Puerto Rico event, the best grind ever... in the world*...

*and now for the small print... this is sarcasm and is aimed solely at any WG staff that mistakenly think I really liked the grind. I didn’t!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,290 posts
14,054 battles
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

According to Reddit here are the stats (for other servers it is from yesterday because they already finished the event - EU finishes tomorrow morning):

• 124 on EU
  • 59 on NA
  • 167 on RU
  • 50 on ASIA

So... in total 400... with overall number of WoWs players at 1.000.000 the rate of success is very very low...

EU "Hall of Fame":

https://leaderboard.worldofwarships.eu/en/#/

Leo "Apollo11"

Like @Sub_Octavian said. It's aimed at the payer base not the overall player base. And it shows.

• Funny 1

Players
4,441 posts
7,600 battles

Maple Syrup says in the 2 months to 11 January there were the following number of unique players per server:

• EU - 132;
  • NA - 189;
  • RU - 67;
  • Asia - 481 (!);

EU will probably rise a bit as the event is completed, NA server was more willing to spend $$ to get the ship, RU seems to have had more players willing to grind it out and the Asia number I find hard to believe since the smallest number completed the event but there are alegedly more of the ships on that server than the other 3 combined.

[LUZ1]
Players
570 posts
11,196 battles

I think WeeGee has an obvious ethical problem. 

Reminds me of big tabacco, too big to fail banks, diesel gate you name it. Unchecked corporate greed with inadequate regulation and no sense of responsibility.

Sad.

Players
1,405 posts
6,601 battles
46 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Maple Syrup says in the 2 months to 11 January there were the following number of unique players per server:

• EU - 132;
  • NA - 189;
  • RU - 67;
  • Asia - 481 (!);

EU will probably rise a bit as the event is completed, NA server was more willing to spend $$ to get the ship, RU seems to have had more players willing to grind it out and the Asia number I find hard to believe since the smallest number completed the event but there are alegedly more of the ships on that server than the other 3 combined.

I think the bulk of the numbers come on the last day, as people stopped grinding once they saw that they would reach stage 36 by the end of the event.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

Final results:

• 154 on EU
  • 84 on NA
  • 221 on RU
  • 98 on ASIA

So.. 557 in total... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[LUZ1]
Players
570 posts
11,196 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Final results:

• 154 on EU
  • 84 on NA
  • 221 on RU
  • 98 on ASIA

So.. 557 in total... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Great event! Great success! Players are wildly enthusiastic :cap_fainting:

I hope WG will learn from this but I am not holding my breath.

[ANV]
Players
549 posts
4,693 battles

OT: The bit that astounds me is the 1,000,000 (one million) players; is that correct? Surely they aren't all regularly active? Etc etc

Players
264 posts
13,736 battles
On 1/13/2020 at 5:24 AM, MrFingers said:

I'm more surprised that people actually managed to complete Stage7, and I'm very afraid that it will give WG the munitions it craves, so they can say: "see, it could be done, the event was not unreasonable and not impossible to complete", making the following events that are coming equally as ridiculous.

7 was not hard just time-consuming. If you got the time, signals, camo, and skill you can easily break 500k xp a session.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

On 1/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, Capra76 said:

• EU - 132;
  • NA - 189;
  • RU - 67;
  • Asia - 481 (!);

Special testers + Community contributors +  WG employees... possibly in total we will reach 1.000 "Puerto Rico" ships on all servers...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Lord0 said:

OT: The bit that astounds me is the 1,000,000 (one million) players; is that correct? Surely they aren't all regularly active? Etc etc

IIRC WG official WoWs player number for all servers was always cited as 1.000.000+ ...

Leo "Apollo11"