Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yamashiro42

Is Puerto Rico (plus the 6th stage rewards) worth15,000 doubloons?

4 comments in this topic

Question

[1FA]
Players
259 posts
15,893 battles

Hello, fellow commanders!

I did not spend doubloons on any boosters and neither I purchased Gorizia, so I was not expecting to get any far with the dockyard build. But with my normal play I was able to finish directive 4 and daily chains to get enough tokens to boost the build progress so it is to finish at phase 30.

This will open the possibility to finish the build by spending 15,000 doubloons, giving me total 15 rare camos, 11k coal and 2.2k steel (including the clan base bonuses) and also that t10 supercruiser.

Is it in your opinion fair price or should I save my doubloons for something more reasonable? (I know how it can sound given we are talking about the virtual game.)

I somewhat like playing Alaska and I can use my Montana/Missouri/Alaska Fleet Admiral Steven Seagal (now renamed to John Doe) on Puerto Rico. But some players and CCs I know say that Puerto Rico is quite meh ship, compared to the other t10 cruisers. And I have a strong suspiction that WG will not allow me to refund the purchase after playing no more than one battle with the ship, as they are providing it as a bundle with the stages rewards, so I cannot test the ship handling and general combat behaviour...

3 answers to this question

[MIAU]
Players
20 posts

I would say yes.  I have the Puerto Rico, got some boosters at the start, and it finished now.  Played a few games only so far, but I do like it.  Its basically a T10 Alaska, so if you like that, go for it.  15k doubloons for a T10 premium is a pretty good deal anyways. :)

Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,503 battles

Hello,

hard to say because the way the event was designed is it allows you to spend however much you feel is worth for the rewards. For me personally, I completed Puerto Rico for 25k doubloons and I bought the first two boosters. So I used 39k doubloons for it. The majority I got for free by grinding throughout the year. Doing so, I was able to get Puerto Rico, Gorizia, Thunderer, Yoshino and Somers thanks to rewards from the containers I bought and the dockyard. But essentially I got those ships and vasts amounts of premium time, coal, freeXP and camos and signals for about 180 euros. So although it's a large sum of money, what I was able to get out of it would certainly have been more expensive and time consuming had I done it otherwise. So for me it was worth it.

Think carefully about what you want and can get out of it, if it's just for Puerto Rico I will say this. You CAN leave it, it is not a must have ship. It is mediocre in-game and has basically no history as it was never built so it isn't a "collector" ship either in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Minia

Sign in to follow this