Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
novents

Celebratory NY camos cannot be mounted on Carriers?

26 comments in this topic

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,057 battles

Maybe I missed some detail in the news articles, but the celebratory NY perma camos you get from completing directives cannot be equipped on T8 carriers? 

It’s such a shame since I already have perma camos for most other T8 ships I kept in my port. So I was looking forward to slapping free perma camos on my Shoka and Lexi when I get there eventually. 

@MrConway sorry for the ping - but is there a technical issue with making the perma camo available for all classes of ships, CVs included? And any chances this can be fixed in future patches? 

Thanks, and also grateful if any other forumites can offer meaningful insights. 

• Cool 2

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
57 minutes ago, novents said:

I see, thank you komrade

Suppose the 3D ship models aren’t optimised for the camos. Or vice versa. Still would be nice if they didn’t exclude a whole ship class. Feelsbad

I highly doubt that the ship models are the issue as they accept normal perma camos and the 2018 Halloween skins just fine.

This (once again) feels like laziness on WarGamings part as I imagine they would have had to create new skins/models for the aircraft used by the CV's squadrons. Given they ignored CV's during the Halloween event and this New Year event (despite claiming they haven't abandoned CV content) it seems to indicate they have zero interest in providing event skins to CV's.

Also don't expect a response from WarGaming. They have been called out on this a few times now and so far have have not posted any answers (as far as I know), even in threads where they stated they were 'happy to respond to any queries' and answered peoples questions that were posted AFTER the CV skin question.

I just hope they actually a**e themselves to fix the Nobilium for 2020 Halloween (£20 says they don't)

I guess we will find out at around the April fools event time if they really have abandoned CV content. If no new skin(s) turn up during that event then I think it's pretty obvious at that point. 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,367 posts
18,460 battles

A King doesn’t need no stinky clothes.

• Funny 2

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, DeviousDave02 sagte:

I highly doubt that the ship models are the issue as they accept normal perma camos and the 2018 Halloween skins just fine.

This (once again) feels like laziness on WarGamings part as I imagine they would have had to create new skins/models for the aircraft used by the CV's squadrons. Given they ignored CV's during the Halloween event and this New Year event (despite claiming they haven't abandoned CV content) it seems to indicate they have zero interest in providing event skins to CV's.

Also don't expect a response from WarGaming. They have been called out on this a few times now and so far have have not posted any answers (as far as I know), even in threads where they stated they were 'happy to respond to any queries' and answered peoples questions that were posted AFTER the CV skin question.

I just hope they actually a**e themselves to fix the Nobilium for 2020 Halloween (£20 says they don't)

I guess we will find out at around the April fools event time if they really have abandoned CV content. If no new skin(s) turn up during that event then I think it's pretty obvious at that point. 

They won't answer at weekend tho. 

• Funny 1

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
Just now, Karotte_marksman said:

They won't answer at weekend tho. 

Meh, I've been waiting 2 and a bit months for an answer with no reply, one more weekend (assuming they reply) is just a drop in the bucket at this point. :cap_old:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
16 hours ago, novents said:

Maybe I missed some detail in the news articles, but the celebratory NY perma camos you get from completing directives cannot be equipped on T8 carriers? 

It’s such a shame since I already have perma camos for most other T8 ships I kept in my port. So I was looking forward to slapping free perma camos on my Shoka and Lexi when I get there eventually. 

@MrConway sorry for the ping - but is there a technical issue with making the perma camo available for all classes of ships, CVs included? And any chances this can be fixed in future patches? 

Thanks, and also grateful if any other forumites can offer meaningful insights. 

Its intended as adding carriers to the eligible ships would have meant having to massively adapt and change the camouflages to fit the very different structure of a CV, sorry.

• Cool 3

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts

At least they are honest.... It's still sad free premium camo but not for your favorite ships..... Or the ones you want them on. 

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Its intended as adding carriers to the eligible ships would have meant having to massively adapt and change the camouflages to fit the very different structure of a CV, sorry.

So are Carriers ever getting some event premium skins then?

If not then that's a small but significant section of your player base you just abandoned.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, DeviousDave02 sagte:

If not then that's a small but significant section of your player base you just abandoned.

I wanted the same as sort of compensation... But you explained it already they don't give a  **** about such a small amount of players.(thats even the right decision business wise) That's also why we won't get any new cvs anymore. Gosh I hate it to say but right now the number of CVs (Techtree aswell as premium) is quite unsatisfying. Anything to add @MrConway? BTW sorry for the choice of words it just feels bad the way it is right now.... 

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
15 minutes ago, DeviousDave02 said:

they don't care about CV players since about introduction ... it may look like the CV rework was for them but actually no ...

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

they don't care about CV players since about introduction ... it may look like the CV rework was for them but actually no ...

If this is so Conway shall say so. Better they are honest then fooling around with everyone. But realistically they have not the resources rn to work on cvs as they work ons subs. But well we will see. 

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

If this is so Conway shall say so. Better they are honest then fooling around with everyone. But realistically they have not the resources rn to work on cvs as they work ons subs. But well we will see. 

You stated it yourself, they gave priority to submarines over CVs after they realized they have no clue what to do there. Also the rework goals were all wrong ... garbage in, garbage out and that's what we got ....

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

You stated it yourself, they gave priority to submarines over CVs after they realized they have no clue what to do there. Also the rework goals were all wrong ... garbage in, garbage out and that's what we got ....

For most people they wasn't wrong. Only for players that played the game for a long time they were. Most people on my clan actually appreciate the rework.... The thing is it's always a perspective/opinion thing. One could argument all day about why RTS is worse or the rework. Actually I believe rework is better but fat far away from being perfect. 

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
1 minute ago, Karotte_marksman said:

For most people they wasn't wrong. Only for players that played the game for a long time they were. Most people on my clan actually appreciate the rework.... The thing is it's always a perspective/opinion thing. One could argument all day about why RTS is worse or the rework. Actually I believe rework is better but fat far away from being perfect. 

IDK ... DDs were hit hard, AA spec became obsolete, MM got screwed in a way (you are more likely to get a CV game since they reduced tiers) ... counterplay is non-existent while the skill gap is still there so if you get a potato CV you're screwed .... sure it looks prettier now ...

[DREAD]
Players
655 posts
1 hour ago, DeviousDave02 said:

Well, there are some. Shokaku and Lexington have Halloween skins, and Implacable has the collection skin. Also, if I remember correctly, there was a Space battle camo for Hakuryu.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 13 Minuten, josykay sagte:

Well, there are some. Shokaku and Lexington have Halloween skins, and Implacable has the collection skin. Also, if I remember correctly, there was a Space battle camo for Hakuryu.

Besides Implacable there was never a free camo for CVs.... All other classes get them throw after them. That's unfair af. If they wanna monetize them they should do it for both. Also it would have been awesome if Rudolph the reindeer dropped the bombs..... 

• Cool 1

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
56 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

I doubt they will actually come forward and flat out state that. It would be PR suicide for them to do so.

Considering 2019 was 'supposed' to be the "Year of the Carrier" Carriers got kinda shafted.

What happened during the "Year (and a bit) of the Carrier":

+ Reeeeeework that was scubtastic in it's dividing of the Carrier playerbase and turned almost all surface ship captains against Carriers.

+ Removal of nearly all OPS with aircraft in them.

+ Breaking of most remaining OPS.

+ CV's denied from Narai.

+ CV's denied from April fools event (although HellCarrier skin was purchasable) 

+ Constant stat changers.

+ Adding of previously removed Premium CV's (In a lot of cases far too early IMO)

+ Removal of Enterprise after a few months due to un-fixable balance issues (Released far too early)

+ Ring of Fire DD event (fair enough, DD were having a hard time of it due to Carriers and Radar by this point).

+ British CV line released to a resounding 'meh' from community as considered weakest CV line.

+ Raptor Rescue re-added with borked AI (which was fixed then broken again)

+ AA reeework (now with extra strength opinion dividing scub)

+ Ark Royal added (And she's balanced - Yaaay!)

+ AI auto pilot reeeeework (More scubtastic changes)

+ Halloween comes - Sunray OP has Nobilium removed due to 'balancing' and Halloween skins are not usable on CV's

+ Raid for Filth - A No CV game mode (2 excluding CV game modes in one 'year of the CV'?) with no CV skins (sadness intensifies).

+ New Year and Christmas event - Skins not usable on CV's  (Boooooooooo!)

+ Indomitable released (and considered an interesting look at what CV balance could have been but ultimately in the current meta trash tier CV by most CV captains)

+ OPS AI broken

If I had realized that THIS was how the year of the CV was going to pan out I'd have been up there with @El2aZeR in denouncing it as a mistake from the get go, instead of defending it and saying stuff along the lines of "give them more time, I'm sure they will fix it".

Overall, kinda feels more like "Year of kicking the CV" :Smile_veryhappy: 

• Cool 1

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
17 minutes ago, josykay said:

Which were all (except the Implacable skin which isn't of the same caliber of change as the Halloween/New year skins) from before the rework

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
3 hours ago, Karotte_marksman said:

I wanted the same as sort of compensation... But you explained it already they don't give a  **** about such a small amount of players.(thats even the right decision business wise) That's also why we won't get any new cvs anymore. Gosh I hate it to say but right now the number of CVs (Techtree aswell as premium) is quite unsatisfying. Anything to add @MrConway? BTW sorry for the choice of words it just feels bad the way it is right now.... 

There will surely be more CVs and more CV skins going forward, but the new "adaptaple" permanent camos cannot easily be moved onto a CV. To make it fit it would need a total redesign and that was simply not possible for this particular skin.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
839 posts
Vor 30 Minuten, MrConway sagte:

There will surely be more CVs and more CV skins going forward, but the new "adaptaple" permanent camos cannot easily be moved onto a CV. To make it fit it would need a total redesign and that was simply not possible for this particular skin.

Okay I shall trust your words :) thanks for responding. 

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
655 posts
3 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

Which were all (except the Implacable skin which isn't of the same caliber of change as the Halloween/New year skins) from before the rework

True, but it shows, that Aircraft carrier skins were... for whatever reason always spare. It appears  to me WG never had really faith into the CV, because, well they are substancially different to the other ship types. Similiar to the Artillery in WoT.

There are less aircraft carriers than other ship types except from the very early days, when there were only Japanese and Americans. Now we have plenty of nations, who got DDs, CAs, BBs. Multiple nations even have multiple trees for one class.  But CVs got only one additional tree.  I mean on average, yeah, it is obvious, that there should be more Cruiser/ BB/ DD camos. Because there are in total more ships. But some camo would be nice. I was honestly suprised, that Furious, and the other Tier 6 ships we got from the christmas event didn't have a camo.

I agree, there should be more CV camos, or stuff like the christmas camos being able to be mounted on a CV. It really appears, that WG has lost faith into the CV. And never really had, but it got worse.

• Cool 2

Players
343 posts
2,097 battles
4 hours ago, josykay said:

True, but it shows, that Aircraft carrier skins were... for whatever reason always spare. It appears  to me WG never had really faith into the CV, because, well they are substancially different to the other ship types. Similiar to the Artillery in WoT.

To be fair I wouldn't mind if CV's got less skins but the skins they did get had more effort put into them, like the current Halloween and Hellcarrier which all have unique effects (love the flapping wings on the Great Gorgon planes and the energy beam reflecting of off mirrors on the Nobilium - sadly don't have the Hellcarrier as no T10 Cv's [yet] ) and change the planes + sound effects (to some degree),

There are less aircraft carriers than other ship types except from the very early days, when there were only Japanese and Americans. Now we have plenty of nations, who got DDs, CAs, BBs. Multiple nations even have multiple trees for one class.  But CVs got only one additional tree.  I mean on average, yeah, it is obvious, that there should be more Cruiser/ BB/ DD camos.

Agree, CV's always were and probably will be a niche class and the other classes have priority for camos and events but you's think that during "The year of the CV" CV's would have gotten something or had a weird event of their own (like a CV only match where both teams were racing to see who could kill off more transports filled with filth etc.) with skins as a reward.

I was honestly suprised, that Furious, and the other Tier 6 ships we got from the christmas event didn't have a camo.

Same, part of the thing that really annoyed me (although part of me is glad as knowing WG we would only get one event skin for those tiers and as such I would much prefer Halloween monster/Apocalypse and/or Scifi skins for the tier 6 Carriers)

I agree, there should be more CV camos, or stuff like the christmas camos being able to be mounted on a CV. It really appears, that WG has lost faith into the CV. And never really had, but it got worse.

Time will tell if this is correct, for me WarGaming has one more chance with this before I write off everything their staff say as 'fake news'  considering it will be a year come April since CV's got to take part in an event (I'd like to think a year is more than enough time for them to fix the Hellcarrier and make some new non DD skins for the April fools event).

6 hours ago, MrConway said:

@MrConway Any time frame on that or plans you can mention?

Should I get my hopes up for April fools or expect disappointment and torpedo soup?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this