You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

Change damage number to a Percent score?

8 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
658 posts
4,765 battles

as i understand it XP already works on percent of health done, ie 10k on a 100k bb is the same xp as 1k on a 10k dd.

wouldnt it be helpful if the Scoreboard worked the same , its bad enough seeing so many people ignore hard shots on DD's to farm easy damage agaonst a BB. but i was listning to a guide from a CC just now and his rationale for using tiny tims on his rocket planes was to "maximise his damage and affect the game that way" 

so why not change it so you get the damage as a % of health done to target ? you could still have the raw number listed on hover over if people need it but i think people would make better descisions if they were getting better information on thier affectiveness.

and you see it on this forum all the time people using the avg raw damage number as way to gauge them , but if someones doing 60 k that could be 3 important kills, or 200k could be an entire game achieving very little against 2 kremlins.

• Cool 4

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles

Nah, damage is more fun to look at. Also, damage is a more direct indicator ofhow you perform in a ship- %ages would depend on the mm and battle situations to heabily. 

There are kills and confederate to account for those percentages. 

Though i wouldnt object against a % hp bar, it should be optional, and the detailed and personal score post battle should imo remain damage based

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,285 battles

I would like the stats also mentioning the percentages of damage I done to all ships in addition to the standard total damage numbers, I vote in favor :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
84 posts
1,317 battles

Yes, great idea. I'd love to have a weighted damage number that takes into account ship type and tier in the same way it's used to calculate damage-based xp. Same for spotting damage.

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

I’d like it to show both damage and percentage, although keep in mind % although more telling than just damage, still doesn’t equal effective damage. I.e. a HE spammer could potentially have a much higher %, but have less impact than an alpha strike ship.