Sign in to follow this  
Zigiran

Best AA ships at T3 and T4?

7 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
214 posts
5,482 battles

Just to start: this is not a discussion about CV balance or MM.

I'm wondering: what is the ship with the best (effective) AA in T3? And in T4?

Rules:

- Can be a silver ship

- Can be a premium ship (that is currently still available, my timemachine is currently broken :Smile_sad: )

- Asuming a specialized 10 point captain for that ship

Reason:

I got a friend who just started to play WoW and I want to help him when he reaches T3 and T4 with providing the best AA cover there is.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,090 posts
8,430 battles

Probably one of the tier 4 BB's (Kaiser has decent DPS) or the Yubari. The Yubari does actually shoot down planes, mainly because tier 4 CV clubbers don't expect opposition me thinks. So I have had some sucess in the Yubari managing to pop quite a few planes each game and still infulence the battle with guns and torps. Slap a Kitakaze/Harugomo captain on it and it should both be a decent AA ship for tier 4 (even though that is not saying much) and still be fun to play.

[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles
  • Orion
  • Kaiser
  • Courbet vs Bombers and Rocket planes
  • Yubari
  • nothing at Tier III

Players
1,478 posts
14,041 battles

I had an opportunity to test out Yubari's glorious new AA a few days ago. Stuck close to a div mate to provide AA. When the Hosho came for him with torp bombers, I popped defensive and reinforced the sector. The CV proceeded to drop my div mate twice, all in the reinforced sector covered by def AA. I shot down 1 plane. At this point Yubari's AA is so bad I don't think it belongs on that list anymore, literally any t4 bb will shoot down more planes.

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,090 posts
8,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I had an opportunity to test out Yubari's glorious new AA a few days ago. Stuck close to a div mate to provide AA. When the Hosho came for him with torp bombers, I popped defensive and reinforced the sector. The CV proceeded to drop my div mate twice, all in the reinforced sector covered by def AA. I shot down 1 plane. At this point Yubari's AA is so bad I don't think it belongs on that list anymore, literally any t4 bb will shoot down more planes.

The problem with the Yubaris AA is that it is only strong-ish in self defense. The short range aura has all the DPS but only a 2.5 km range if I'm not mistaken, so unless you hug your division mate you will not pop any planes really. If the CV goes for you on the other hand then you can start to down planes.

So in terms of AA boats on tier 4 it still deserves a spot, just not in any form of teamplay really unless you hug the ship you want to defend.

Players
1,478 posts
14,041 battles
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

The problem with the Yubaris AA is that it is only strong-ish in self defense. The short range aura has all the DPS but only a 2.5 km range if I'm not mistaken, so unless you hug your division mate you will not pop any planes really. If the CV goes for you on the other hand then you can start to down planes.

So in terms of AA boats on tier 4 it still deserves a spot, just not in any form of teamplay really unless you hug the ship you want to defend.

Yea he was just below 2km from me. AA on it really isn't anything a CV should fear or avoid.

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Yubari with premium defAA and superintendent, 3 charges - best fly swatter at tier 4 :cap_rambo:

Sign in to follow this