You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Destroyers 101: Tips to Make a Greater Impact Video's Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

6 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
50 battles

This video is intended for captains who are just learning, and trying to improve their destroyer game play. It begins very basic but covers a lot of information.  

I have also included several links in my youtube comments under this video for more details about some of the content i discuss. 

I hope some of you find it helpful! 

:55  I review ship modules
3:00 I review consumables
3:40 Where to find various important ship stats
5:10 Where to put your 1st 10 captain pts, and then other solid DD skills. 
6:50 I Create a complete detection chart for you and review the various icons
         and what they mean ... 
8:50 Hydro and radar charts
9:30 Consumable duration extension upgrade modules
10:05 Game play example of several detection types.
11:10 How to more safely take a cap game play example. 
13:10 WoWs fitting Tool discussion

Players
12 posts
50 battles

This video, is Part 2 of my Destroyers tips videos.

Among the many topics and examples, I cover how to deal with difficult caps, explain the do's and dont's of using smoke, methods of breaking detection, harassing your enemy, and options to better deal with aircraft.

0:35 Game play example of Dealing with more difficult caps and several examples of right and wrong actions by destroyers on each side.

2:00 Using smoke - mistakes and benefits to you and your team mates.

4:45 Situational awareness and breaking detection.

6:00 2nd example of taking a difficult cap, spotting for your team and staying alive.

9:20 Making strategic choices to survive, and tips to be more effective with your guns.

10:30 Options dealing with aircraft

Players
56 posts

Very useful thank you, especially Part 2. 

With 3.6K DD games under my belt I should know the theory and perform like a hero crumble under pressure and make stupid mistakes!  :Smile_izmena:

The heat of battle I guess. I also feel too obliged to please my teammates especially at the start of battles which can lead to disappointing outcomes for everyone. :fish_palm:

When I keep calm though, yeh, I can be a :Smile_medal: haha!

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
50 battles
4 hours ago, str100 said:

Very useful thank you, especially Part 2. 

With 3.6K DD games under my belt I should know the theory and perform like a hero crumble under pressure and make stupid mistakes!  :Smile_izmena:

The heat of battle I guess. I also feel too obliged to please my teammates especially at the start of battles which can lead to disappointing outcomes for everyone. :fish_palm:

When I keep calm though, yeh, I can be a :Smile_medal: haha!

Heh, the theory part is the easiest, putting it into practice every match... I we all wished we perform like hero's - I seem to get my fair share of "humbling experiences!" 

Part 1, I intentionally made very basic for newer players. Similar to my Game settings video, except in the setting video, i have come across players with 3000 games who had no idea about resizing mini map, adding ship names to the mini map, or about the adaptive interface to improve targeting data ..

Making these tips video's, I have had to force myself to try remember how much i did not know some 13000+ games ago - This game is actually pretty darned complicated! 

Players
12 posts
50 battles

The charts from the Part 1 Video for anyone who might find them useful ...

printing these off and keeping them handy can aid your survival... I did this for the radar forever - was far worse before WG standardized some of the ranges ...  

Detection_Chart.jpg

Radar chart – ships/ranges/durations
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/632662198061105153/666344045747896380/Radar_chart.png

Hydro chart - - ships/ranges/durations
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/632662198061105153/666344018590040105/Hydro_chart.png