Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
illy

A Positive from the PR event

11 comments in this topic

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles

i've not really tried to do any of the directives, if they got done it was from just playing as normal, but.......i have had some really nice stuff as the building has continued and stages have been completed, free premium time, doubloons, lots of coal, so whilst the ship was always going to be unobtainable i have actually benefited quite a lot from the whole tevent

• Cool 6
  • Boring 4

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,001 posts
6,040 battles

Yes, time to mention something positive from the PR event:

More time for WoT/WoWs and other games :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
2,586 posts
18,742 battles

To some extend I agree, I didn't grind but played as I always do, but I consider all these free gifts seperate from what the PR event has shown me as well: how far WG is willing to go to push their marketing and gambling into scam and health issue territory: every manipulative marketing trick they could come up with has been rolled out in this event, and that has pushed my goodwill meter for the company into scumbag territory. I'm actually sorry this happened, but it's not my doing. It's theirs,

I do feel spoiled: a Gorizia, a free PR related crate gave me the Wichita, I got myself the Black with the extra steel from the Snowflake event and I earned enough coal in december to get myself the Georgia. So that's 3 fun premium ships and a meh one total in 1 month. There is one problem: their marketing solutions concerning the PR event and more importantly the in game push of gambling assets through the annoying lootboxes leaves me so appalled (7+ rated game)  that even 4 ships I earned by playing couldn't help the bad taste in my mouth concerning the business practices of this company.

The result: as soon as I finished directive 4 and looked at directive 5, I closed the game and started playing BattleTech instead of WOWS for the time being. And I'm having a great time. :cap_like:

• Cool 8

[SM0KE]
Players
5,419 posts
13,323 battles

As has been observed elsewhere, much of the whole Xmas thing has been really good (snowflakes, Gorizia, free crates and other stuff, the visuals of the dockyard etc.); taken in isolation, this should have made the event a heroic success for WG, with much rejoicing all round.

The only reason that there has been such bad feeling about the Xmas events - basically - was the difference between the marketing blurb that preceded it and the reality of the PR grind, made even worse by the tone-deaf response of a number of WG employees (although - for clarity - the ones who tend to frequent this forum didn't drop any clangers that I saw).

In summary, I've enjoyed this Xmas event, and got some useful stuff out of it; a lot of that is due to my having realised the impossibility/idiocy of the PR grind in its entirety and not spent any money on it though...

• Cool 1

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles
1 hour ago, Spartan_93 said:

Yes, time to mention something positive from the PR event:

More time for WoT/WoWs and other games :Smile_great:

WoT...no never again, not played that since about 2014

• Cool 3

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

As has been observed elsewhere, much of the whole Xmas thing has been really good (snowflakes, Gorizia, free crates and other stuff, the visuals of the dockyard etc.); taken in isolation, this should have made the event a heroic success for WG, with much rejoicing all round.

The only reason that there has been such bad feeling about the Xmas events - basically - was the difference between the marketing blurb that preceded it and the reality of the PR grind, made even worse by the tone-deaf response of a number of WG employees (although - for clarity - the ones who tend to frequent this forum didn't drop any clangers that I saw).

In summary, I've enjoyed this Xmas event, and got some useful stuff out of it; a lot of that is due to my having realised the impossibility/idiocy of the PR grind in its entirety and not spent any money on it though...

i agree the build up was very enticing, especially the CCs showing only 1000 doubloons for a booster in the dockyard, when i saw the reality i just thought "sod doing anything specific for this event and play normally....what a mess" i actually played less than usual and got more stuff and never spent a penny.

I hope they keep the dockyard and actually do something with it that the vast majority of players can actually obtain........i'm not holding my breath

• Cool 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
3 hours ago, Europizza said:

To some extend I agree, I didn't grind but played as I always do, but I consider all these free gifts seperate from what the PR event has shown me as well: how far WG is willing to go to push their marketing and gambling into scam and health issue territory: every manipulative marketing trick they could come up with has been rolled out in this event, and that has pushed my goodwill meter for the company into scumbag territory. I'm actually sorry this happened, but it's not my doing. It's theirs,

I do feel spoiled: a Gorizia, a free PR related crate gave me the Wichita, I got myself the Black with the extra steel from the Snowflake event and I earned enough coal in december to get myself the Georgia. So that's 3 fun premium ships and a meh one total in 1 month. There is one problem: their marketing solutions concerning the PR event and more importantly the in game push of gambling assets through the annoying lootboxes leaves me so appalled (7+ rated game)  that even 4 ships I earned by playing couldn't help the bad taste in my mouth concerning the business practices of this company.

The result: as soon as I finished directive 4 and looked at directive 5, I closed the game and started playing BattleTech instead of WOWS for the time being. And I'm having a great time. :cap_like:

Kinda the same thing here, except I didn't get a tier 7 premium ship.

And I'm a bit worn out from this game and not really motivated to continue atm (but at least I got some premium time left which I don't want to waste).

2 hours ago, illy said:

WoT...no never again, not played that since about 2014

I can still see all the post-battle garage messages right now! :cap_book:

Messages like:

Go [insert certain activity involving a piece of rope here]
Your entire family should go to [insert certain respitorial activity involving certain shower-like chambers here]
Get [insert lethal decease here]
You [insert certain remark about having a low IQ here] [insert activity involving an erotic activity with certain maternal family members here]
Go [insert certain activity involving purposefully ending your own life here]

oh yes, I haven't forgotten! I wonder why people keep playing that 'game' if it doesn't even make them happy. But it's certainly unhealthy for poeple like those.

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

The PR was really bad involving this event. And oh, yes it's so much fun watching that ship in the dockyard which I will never be able to complete! Such enjoyment! :crab: (no not really)

Sure, the extra stuff was good (premium time, coal, couple permacamos), but the PR BS along with what the future will hold (or won't hold in case of the operations) is not very enticing to me.

But at least Stellaris is still fun :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,224 posts
7,214 battles

Havn´t paid for any boosts but I have recieved a load of signal, flags, FXP, coal, containers, this is positive

The snowflakes are nice too, have over 200 ships so there was a lot of snowlakes to knock off, recieved enough coal for the Smolensk and some steel too.

WG came out all wrong with the PR grind, they made it sound like anyone could grind it but in reality it was only people with money ore loads of free time to play that got it.

Still I like the dockyard, maybe something they can implement in the game as a regular feature (with some tweaks to grind levels)

[LUZ1]
Players
570 posts
11,209 battles

I have got to D5 which I will not complete. Got nice rewards I think, so I am not unhappy.

However, so far there are 60 players in the hall of insane. Out of 10s of thousands of players. That, and the false advertising at the start have made this a major f-up from WeeGee. 

I hope they will learn from this, but I fear they will not :Smile_sad:

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,350 posts
9,529 battles

We didn't have any new campaign for random battles in ages. Instead we got time limited very hard event during Christmas time(excellent timing). I just started stage 2 not so long ago and won't finish it since it's almost over. Overall TOP EVENT. And people were complaining ARP Nachi is hard heh.

Sign in to follow this