You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Did you get what you wanted from New Years Gifts and Rewards?

Did you achieve your "goals"?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have any goals? I.e. PR/Gorizia/collecting Snowflakes...

• Yes, and achieved them
    • Yes, but didnt achieve them
    • No
  2. 2. Did you collect all your Snowflakes?

• Yes
    • No, but wanted to
    • No, didnt want to / Dont care
  3. 3. Did you grind Gorizia?

• Yes
    • No, i bought it
    • No, but wanted to
  4. 4. Did you grind PR?

• Yes
    • Yes, with the help of doubloons (Boosters / Finish it / buy Gorizia to complete directives faster)
    • No, I bought it
    • No, but wanted to
  5. 5. Did you complete the Shipbuilding Collection?

• Yes
    • Yes, with containers i had to buy (too many duplicates)
    • Yes, with containers i wanted to buy
    • No, but wanted to
  6. 6. Did you get the rewards from the directives you wanted to?

• Yes
    • No, i wanted to get more
    • Didnt care for the rewards in the directives
  7. 7. Did you complete the T6 techtree ship + New Years Camo missions?

• Yes
    • No, but wanted to
    • No, didnt want to / dont care

41 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Players
9,432 posts
8,808 battles

Just out of curiosity a little poll :Smile_Default:

And since we are basicly at the finish line, to see, if people got what they wanted to get.

Me personaly, got the snowflakes (ofc) since thats easy.

I did grind Gorizia, which i wanted to aswell.

Finished the Shipbuilding collection, but had to buy 2 container since i got too many duplicates, and i didnt want to finish the remaining missions which would have gotten me enough duplicates to finish the collection.

Got the T6 ships + Camos from the mission

From the directives, i would have liked to get more ofc. Some containers in there, Port slots, perma camo, Steel in the last directive... but those were kinda out of reach, and the PR grind was off putting anyway. The grind for the rewards was too much, if you didnt go for the PR, i think that really sucked.

edit:

added option for "bought Gorizia"

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,561 battles

Grind is not over yet is it? I am still working on the shipbuilding collection and T6 missions...

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles

Imo the event as a whole was too scattered. 

I bought Gorizia, and with that i hot a good number of rewards:

- Gorizia/ doubloon compensation (either. I paid for the other then). 

- 3-4x NY camo- which are pretty useless for me bit still. 

- many signals

- probably over 10M credits in compensation for T6 ships plus port slots

- premium days

- good amounts (~50k / 2k) of steel and coal. 

Thats all awesome. 

The pain though is that Puerto Rico was advertised as perfectly doable- and it really wasnt. Not even close. 

I would complete 30 stages, meaning the dockyard shows a floating, fully functioning ship, yet six extra stages were added to make it impossible to get for free. Lame stuff. 

Players
1,467 posts
3,089 battles

Nor really, I might have grinded Gorizia if it was easier, but i just got some rewards from the Dockyard still need to get the last one tomorrow. Tho I got the Mutsu from a Supercontainer a couple of days ago and I'm happy with that.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,432 posts
8,808 battles
4 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Grind is not over yet is it? I am still working on the shipbuilding collection and T6 missions...

Yeah, the T6 missions still run till the 15th.

About the collection: Directives end on 14th, so you cant get the Containers from there anymore. You can get the Containers from the T6 ship missions or buy them with dubs in the armory (not sure if you can buy them after this patch tho...)

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles

I got the Gorizia. Did not expect to finish the 3rd directive though, so nice bonus.

Got all my snowflakes

Currently working on the last part for the T6 ships, so I voted "yes" on question 7, but not done yet.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,465 posts
19,590 battles

Yes, got all that I wanted and  more. But I'm a whale (didn't buy Gorizia though) who has great clan mates to play with (grinding the missions and directives with them was not a chore).

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,546 posts
17,724 battles

Initially only wanted to get my hands on Gorizia (got it doing the three directives) and get all the steel and coal from the snowflakes.

Then I realised that those T8 camos were very juicy, so played Gorizia to get them (with the T6 ships or credits that came associated) and then kept doing directives (4 and 5) so I could move the PR building bar to get more of those T8 camos. Never aimed at PR.

While doing all this I finished the collection. At least technically, as I have enough duplicates to finish it but I'm keeping them so I can use those single premium days rewards in a better moment.

Not bad result, but I'm quite burnt out now and probably won't play much until the British CA line is released.

Players
561 posts
4,263 battles

Well, before I knew the directives, I had hoped to get PR. When I saw the directives, I knew I could not, and readjusted my goals.

Goals:

• Get Gorizia - achieved
  • Get the four ships in the mission chain unlocked by the Gorizia - achieved
  • Complete the shipbuilding collection - achieved, without having to buy additional crates.
  • Get as many New Year camouflages as realistically possible. I do have  2, will get three (will reach that phase in PR construction), very slim chance I will get 4 (with the 9,5 million XP mission in directive 5)
  • Get better as a player - achieved, I think. I like to think I have improved along the way.
  • Knock of all snowflakes, except those for CV's.

Additional results:

• T5 Exeter from one of the crates
  • Enough coal to get T10 Smolensk with a coupon. And that is truly an idiotic ship. Knocking of the snowflake in co-op ended with 178k damage, taking her out the first time.... and I am FAR from a good player.
  • A good number of ships grinded in the regular tech trees

[BIF]
Players
305 posts
4,561 battles

PR and Gorizia : Didnt cared.

Knocking snowflakes off: done on all ship, bought Smolensk and  Blyska , using the coupon.

Directives and collection : didnt cared.

Other results:

Bought Nelson from FXP, still have almost one million, collecting towards the Alaska / Hayate.

Xmas crates:

Got Exeter, Dunkerque from what i bought. Got WV 41 from a small crate i bought in the armory from 250 dubs. My sister gifted me 2x8 medium, got Marblehead and T6 Duca and 90 day of premium.  Some coal too, so im over 50k again.

Players
135 posts

1 .Goals: Gorizia and some tokens. Did that. Gorizia is bad, not worth it. The new year camos are welcomed.

2. Yes, collected all the snowflakes but with a bad taste in my mouth knowing how is was last year.

3. Yes i did gring Gorizia, earned it by playing. Bad ship. I doubt i`ll play that ship ever again.

4. PR subject... oh, boy.. After all those lies, no desire to grind PR.

5. The collection was easy to complete, i didnt even notice when i finished it.

6. After grinding the first 4 stages, reached 30 of 36 in dockyard and i got a bunch of flags and other stuff. The most important rewards for me were 4 permanent new year camos.

7. Yes

Good poll.

After these events, i play less and less and i decided not to buy again premium time or any other ship.

For a long time i have the feeling that this awesome game is going in a very wrong direction.

Players
445 posts

Survey should make WG unhappy with the % of peeps not giving a crap, they seem hell bent on Steering HMS Clusterfk on to the rocks while detonating scuttling charges !

[SHAD]
Players
2,446 posts
10,982 battles

Grinded the Gorizia finally and had a great first game.

Edited by gopher31

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,042 posts
10,616 battles

I have knocked off the snowflakes but that was done at the very start. I was so put off by the cynicism of the PR fiasco that my attention went back to WoT all through this winter holiday period.  It has been +50% credits in that for people who got to a high level of festiveness.  I have nearly 50 million credits now(credits are harder to get in WoT)

I just got a "mega santa crate" in WoWs for doing not a lot and got 30 basilisk flags.  Such a shitty reward sums the whole fiasco up.  Now if I want I can pay £80 for s ship I'd never play anyway.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
2,088 posts
21,019 battles

Didn't care for anything, played normally. Noticed I only need to play a couple of BB games to complete the third directive, so played Republique. Did it for the booster rather than Gorizia tbh.

Did tier 10 snowflakes, didn't really care for the others.

What is the main prize for the collection anyway, is it worthwhile completing it? The crates cost only 100 D iirc.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,432 posts
8,808 battles
4 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

What is the main prize for the collection anyway, is it worthwhile completing it? The crates cost only 100 D iirc.

No, not really. You get 5x1 day premium for sub-stages, and "main"prize is Santas Big gift, which cost 750 dubs on its own. So you can easily do the math if its "worth" it to buy those containers to finish it. (Or just buy a big gift if you feel like it)

• Cool 1

Players
826 posts
11,397 battles
17 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I just got a "mega santa crate" in WoWs for doing not a lot and got 30 basilisk flags.  Such a shitty reward sums the whole fiasco up.

Lucky dude. I got 5 (!) camos from the mega container. :fish_palm:

As for the OP topic:

• Even before the final directive prerequisites were announced, i had decided that Puerto Rico wasn't worth an intense grind or - god forbid - even real money investment. So i didn't go for it at all.
  • My goal was getting the most out of the event with the minimum possible amount of grinding. So i focused on getting Gorizia for free, casually blowing off all the snowflakes and completing the collection.
  • I finished with Gorizia, 2 of the 4 additional mission chains done (might still finish no. 3 before going back to work), enough duplicates to complete the collection anytime when i need additional premium days and all snowflakes blown off, giving me enough steel to get any one of the available steel ships besides Bourgogne if i want to. I'll reach phase 25 in the PR build, so there were some nice rewards like signals, fxp and coal along the way. I also got two of those New Year perma camos, but honestly i don't know what ship to put them on to...
  • Talking about the snowflakes: From 91 ships, i got 25950 coal, 1650 steel and 22 small santa crates. Last year, 90 ships gave me 41650 coal and 2550 steel. The 22 small santa crates (and the one big + one mega crate from the shipyard) so far didn't spawn any premium ships, but i got 2400 doubloons from them in total, which equates to a small tier 5 premium ship from the armory (with the coupon), so it somewhat compensates for the reduced coal and steel earnings compared to the 2018 snowflake event.
  • Cool 1

[SV]
Players
685 posts
11,312 battles
10 hours ago, JapLance said:

Not bad result, but I'm quite burnt out now and probably won't play much until the British CA line is released.

this im just feeling burned out on this game atm! 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,042 posts
10,616 battles

I have so far filled out every collection that has ever been in my profile.  I actually want this shipbuilding one to be left unfinished as a monument to WG folly over the PR fiasco.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,650 battles

The only things I "missed" were the steel and portslots and stuff from dir. 4 and up. I'm just 419 steel short of getting the Flint.

Apart from that I got everything I wanted and I paid less than I had planned.

The biggest downer was that out of the four-week event I really didn't have anything to do after the first two weeks. Spent the last two week just faffing about. Feels like the whole event was a bit of "meh".

Players
1,979 posts
12,990 battles

Clicked yes T6 things even if not finished yet, I'll finish.

Shipbuilding collection. Best ever rewards for collection! What a generous rewards for an effort!!!

5 more days of premium and 12 frosty fir camos!!! I am flattered.

Rest was okish, totally :etc_swear: rewards from free lootboxes, some I guess useful perma camos for T8, I got Thunderer for coal and Neustrashimyi for steel but those I grinded for a long time plus Gorizia- :etc_swear: as well.

And a bad aftertaste after PR PR fiasco.

• Cool 1