Flandre Bug Read more... ×
jossiejos2002

texture bug 0.8.11.0

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
111 battles

After I loaded into a match (I have alt-tabbed a few times) I find myself in the game with a really weird texture glitch. A few part looked normal but almost everywhere were these kind of blocks in all different colors. I have recorded a few seconds of the game (found below). The game was almsot impossible to play because I couldn't see any friendly or enemy ships and had to go of name tags+ distances and the firing distance meter when zoomed in. I haven't encountered this before. I am sorry if this is not the place where I needed to post this, but I wanted to report this so it wont happen again :)

video: 

Please ignore the epic battle music (Sabaton) :D

Kind regards, jossiejos2002

Players
10,317 posts
12,044 battles
38 minutes ago, jossiejos2002 said:

After I loaded into a match (I have alt-tabbed a few times) I find myself in the game with a really weird texture glitch. A few part looked normal but almost everywhere were these kind of blocks in all different colors. I have recorded a few seconds of the game (found below). The game was almsot impossible to play because I couldn't see any friendly or enemy ships and had to go of name tags+ distances and the firing distance meter when zoomed in. I haven't encountered this before. I am sorry if this is not the place where I needed to post this, but I wanted to report this so it wont happen again :)

video: 

Please ignore the epic battle music (Sabaton) :D

Kind regards, jossiejos2002

Run game in safe mode, to exclude any installed mods, also run integrity check. If thats out of the way and you still have... interesting visuals, I'd use HWiNFO64 or other similar hardware monitoring program to check cpu/gpu temperatures.

On second thought, visual artifacts tend to come from graphic card RAM overheating/being faulty/excessively overclocked and AFAIK only recent AMD cards have actual RAM thermal measurements. So in the end you might want to open computer and dust off coolers with compressed air

Players
2 posts
111 battles
14 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Run game in safe mode, to exclude any installed mods, also run integrity check. If thats out of the way and you still have... interesting visuals, I'd use HWiNFO64 or other similar hardware monitoring program to check cpu/gpu temperatures.

On second thought, visual artifacts tend to come from graphic card RAM overheating/being faulty/excessively overclocked and AFAIK only recent AMD cards have actual RAM thermal measurements. So in the end you might want to open computer and dust off coolers with compressed air

Well im quite sure it wont be my gpu overheating since I got a lian li lancool one with a rtx 2060 dual fan in... my cpu under extreme load wont go above 50 degrees celsius so I dont expect much more heat gathering in the gpu.. Will try to run an integrity check and see if that helps.

Players
10,317 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, jossiejos2002 said:

Well im quite sure it wont be my gpu overheating since I got a lian li lancool one with a rtx 2060 dual fan in... my cpu under extreme load wont go above 50 degrees celsius so I dont expect much more heat gathering in the gpu.. Will try to run an integrity check and see if that helps.

Core temps might be fine, but unless you can confirm VRAM temps to be within spec, its as good guess as any.

And graphic card makers tend to skimp on VRM/RAM cooling in cheaper models:Smile_smile:

Even more so as main heat source in computer is GPU, chugging 150-300W of power, compared to 70-120W in CPU (assuming stock clocks)

[PIKES]
Players
512 posts
11,420 battles

Related but not the same problem:

When the ARP ships are in flames or are smoking after being killed, the "smoke" texture has not the same quality (or resolution) of the standard smoke of other ships. It seems more "anime" than real smoke.

Modder
5,213 posts
23,476 battles
8 minutes ago, neorvo said:

Related but not the same problem:

When the ARP ships are in flames or are smoking after being killed, the "smoke" texture has not the same quality (or resolution) of the standard smoke of other ships. It seems more "anime" than real smoke.

ARP ships always had anime smoke effects.