Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Not worth buying discounted premium time

24 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,532 posts
26,146 battles

I decided to not buy discounted premium time from the recent discounted offer because of the current state of the game. 

If 2020 will be as bad as 2019, soon WG will have to start merging servers. 

Enough said, WG does not listen to players feedback anyway. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

I bought it last year, and then, the cv rework happened.

I did two breaks and only enjoyed half of premium year that I bought,  the rest was wasted.

This year, the subs will appear, so I will not buy a year

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,126 posts
14,348 battles

I currently have more than 1 year to run on my premium time so there id no need for anymore of it.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,724 posts
45,841 battles

As long as I enjoy the basics of the game I still think that premium time is well worth the prize i.e. you want the stuff in the ordinary events and grind ships in future shiptrees = Premium time valuable and if the prize of lots of stuff like camos have gone up a lot I still think Premium times at this level of discount is pretty OK if you plan to continue play. I have 500+ days so not for me anyway this year.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,532 posts
26,146 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I bought it last year, and then, the cv rework happened.

I did two breaks and only enjoyed half of premium year that I bought,  the rest was wasted.

This year, the subs will appear, so I will not buy a year

Same, more than the first half of the 2019 I did not play because of the shitty CV rework which was tested live on the servers. More than half of a year of wasted premium time. 

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

I decided to not buy discounted premium time from the recent discounted offer because of the current state of the game. 

If 2020 will be as bad as 2019, soon WG will have to start merging servers. 

Enough said, WG does not listen to players feedback anyway. 

Population is solid and stabil. Dont project your own traumas on whole base of players. 

For once I am happy WG dont listen to players because if it does we would not have any if this in game (nerf of plox remove from game as base rewuested)  

Dd

CV

Bbs

Cruisers

He

Ap

Torpedos

Smoke

Radar

Deff aaa

Fire

Flood

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,677 posts
7,760 battles

Have 357 days premium (most of it from santa crates)

If the game is still worth it next Christmas I guess I will be either be getting more crates or more discounted premium time

[SINT]
Players
1,046 posts
22,539 battles

Received 270 free days from Santa crates and then some more from smaller sources...Have enough remaining. And even then I feel more forced to play wows when I have premium time even if it was semi free... Normaly I only buy a weekend pass if I wish to grind hard or there is some mission that can be done much more efficient with premium bonuses.

Players
706 posts
2,099 battles

Received about 450 days of premium and many new ships from Santa Crates plus PR so........

won't be buying but will be playing

(if only to bug people...:Smile_trollface:)

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

Hello, My name is Kiwi1960.... I used to be addicted to giving WoWs my money....

But I'm pleased to say, I am now four weeks clean... not one cent has been given to them.

You too can be addiction free... learn to say NO and close your wallet.

Simple.

• Cool 1

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
4 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Received about 450 days of premium and many new ships from Santa Crates plus PR so........

won't be buying but will be playing

(if only to bug people...:Smile_trollface:)

You paid for the crates.... I'm actually laughing at you.

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
On 1/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Kiwi1960 said:

Hello, My name is Kiwi1960.... I used to be addicted to giving WoWs my money....

But I'm pleased to say, I am now four weeks clean... not one cent has been given to them.

You too can be addiction free... learn to say NO and close your wallet.

Simple.

But you still play? You still wanna play this game? Any idea who will finance it?

Leave the game if it annoys you. Dont be that guy who just wanna free ride on expense of others. 

*edit*

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Players
178 posts
13,447 battles

I have almost 300 days and with some luck with the CW rewards, this year will be covered. 

I have not spent much in 2019 on WOWS and my wallet is closed since September 2019. I intend to hold onto that unless WG changes their ways drastically. (I know its not likely to ever happen but all I can do is vote with my wallet.)

I did whale a lot before 2019 though. so there is that. Not anymore.

Players
3,542 posts
20,662 battles

I bought the 50% discount premium year in 2018 and did so in last dec 2019. To me it is the only asset worth spending anything on currently as it makes playig the game much more comfortable credits and XP wise. Short of 50 euro's is the prefect value for me personally. I actually played a lot during the year dispite the 0.8.0 fiasco. And I get to be part of all the shizzlestorms on these here fine forums, which is entertainment on it's own right. We had at least 3 huge storms in 1 year! I feel spoiled. :cap_cool:

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,532 battles

bought the year package at end of 2018 and I still have around 170 days left

I feel it was a good buy as I enjoyed the cv rework

this year I didn't buy the offer as I felt the whole xmas offers and the campaign missions ect are a kick to the balls of the average player base

even with added gaming from myself the best I have done is to get the rank 1 with the 1v1 and the snowflakes completed

I cannot get either of the free ships as I don't have the time to invest in grinding them

wg are in my view becoming more and more like ea and if they continue on this route wows will lose a damn lot of its player base slowly over the next year

Players
2,129 posts
20,074 battles

I was toying with the idea of getting the premium time but decided not to bother. I'm sadly expecting the introduction of subs to be such a complete mess that it will push me to stop playing for at least a couple of months, if not longer, and some recent decisions by WG have soured my desire to play.

So for me it doesn't seem a worth while investment to get a years premium time if I'm not going to enjoy playing the game regularly. Also if my doubts are proven wrong and things get better I can always buy something, I just don't have confidence in WG to prove me wrong.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles

I too did think about getting another year of premium time, but also elected not to; I currently have 271 days of premium, plus will probably win a few more in the next year, so I'm not about to run out soon.

On the whole, I'm pretty happy with the game as it stands (yes, even with the reework); however, the whole business with the PR is fresh in my mind, and I don't trust WG to not bugger up the game with the addition of submarines.

As a result, I think it unwise to 'commit' to WOWS for much longer than my existing premium time, at least until I see if the game will continue to be as fun as it is now...

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
On 1/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, veslingr said:

But you still play? You still wanna play this game? Any idea who will finance it?

Leave the game if it annoys you. Dont be that guy who just wanna free ride on expense of others. 

Leave the game. 

*edit*

Gee, you attack me for assuming I don't pay, then when you find out I did pay, but stopped, you attack me.

I have an idea, how about you ignore everything I post because its obvious you just trying to troll me into arguing... I'm not going to get a warning because of you, you're just not worth it.

BTW.... grow up and stop trying to suck up to WoWs, they won't reward you...ever AND, again with the assumptions. I never said I was playing EITHER... because I'm not.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
12 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Gee, you attack me for assuming I don't pay, then when you find out I did pay, but stopped, you attack me.

I have an idea, how about you ignore everything I post because its obvious you just trying to troll me into arguing... I'm not going to get a warning because of you, you're just not worth it.

BTW.... grow up and stop trying to suck up to WoWs, they won't reward you...ever AND, again with the assumptions. I never said I was playing EITHER... because I'm not.

You do not get every moth premim ships as gift from WG? Ccccc try to be more polite to them on forum and maybe you 2 will get gifts from them 

• Bad 2

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
On 1/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, veslingr said:

Leave the game. 

*edit*

Do you know what would happen if suddenly all non-paying players of this game did as you say and left at once and never came back?

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
15 minutes ago, veslingr said:

You do not get every moth premim ships as gift from WG? Ccccc try to be more polite to them on forum and maybe you 2 will get gifts from them 

But I don't want to suck up to them like you, that is what it sounds like you're saying...right.... be nice to them and they will reward you....

have you no self respect?

FYI, over the four servers, I have over 300 ships... the main one in North America with just under 150 ship.

I used to grind them, get given them as a reward or in a container... or paid for them.... I never ONCE had to SUCK UP like you suggest I do... if that is what you do, then I feel sorry for you.

WoWs allows us to have opinions... maybe you should start allowing others to have opinions to, even if you don't agree with them. If if you DON'T agree with a post, like ALL my posts, then simple, DON"T ANSWER.... just agree to disagree.

If WoWs is willing to let everyone have an opinion, then ... who made you chief censor for these forums? Really.... move on and just ignore all I post if you cannot be adult about opinions.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, JapLance said:

Do you know what would happen if suddenly all non-paying players of this game did as you say and left at once and never came back?

Happiness? 

• Boring 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,785 posts
6,795 battles
4 hours ago, veslingr said:

I don't think you fully realize just how f2p games work...

Here's a hint: the whales that do most of the spending need someone to actually play against if the game is going to be worth spending money on for them.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
5 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

Received 270 free days from Santa crates and then some more from smaller sources...Have enough remaining. And even then I feel more forced to play wows when I have premium time even if it was semi free... Normaly I only buy a weekend pass if I wish to grind hard or there is some mission that can be done much more efficient with premium bonuses.

I still have 70 days of premium left.

But this year I will do the same as you, maybe not 2 days but 30 or 90 instead of an entire year.

this way I'm not "forced" to came back or play "against my will"/when I don't feel like

the main reason why I come back from my second break.

And this year will be subs in the game and I won't be able to shoot them down.

I learned my lesson in 2019. very risky, but premium time is one or the most important/relevant thing to buy in the all store.

Sign in to follow this