Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapiteinKaassouffle_NL

Yoshino vs Puerto Rico who wins?

60 comments in this topic

Players
292 posts
12,049 battles

Now every big nation has a supercruiser that's tier ten. Which would win in a brawl?

Yoshino being the easiest to obtain. By collecting resource daily crates every day. 

Puetro Rico being the second easiest to obtain if you were willing to give away your wallets v-card.

Stalingrad being left out of the equation cause it requires steel and who has patience to grind out 30k steel when you can use 2k steel as 20k coal. :Smile_veryhappy:

Yoshino has three gun turrets 9 guns in total and 16 torpedo launchers 8 on each side. Also simular if not the same armour layout as Azuma. 

Puerto Rico having 4 gun turrets 12 guns. More armored and its guns can give the punch. 

Not that I'm spending a dime on PR just curious. Pr could ap Yoshino to death with all its guns in once. But Yoshino has the torps to bother PR with. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,421 posts
14,122 battles

I have Yoshino.

I would say at long range the Yoshino has the advantage due to deadly HE spam. At close range the Torps also give the advantage.
In the mid range I’d favour the PR.

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles

Yoshino, probably since she can just burn PR to death and i think she has pretty gud concealment so you can do the whole flash and hide thingy.

Oh it's a brawl? In that case most likely PR, but then she does have dem torps doe.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Yoshino. DPM is same, but Yoshino has an easier time hitting stuff at range. In a brawl, PR only can win if Yoshino offers enough side to be penned. If PR blows that, the Yoshino torps pretty much end PR. Armour counts for nothing when the two ships fight each other, as they can pen each other anywhere and don't overmatch. The most meaningful armour features would be citadel location and spaced armour.

48 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

Stalingrad being left out of the equation cause it requires steel and who has patience to grind out 30k steel when you can use 2k steel as 20k coal. :Smile_veryhappy:

Waste of steel, given that's like 20 days of gathering daily coal containers, if not less. Given how much harder it is to get steel...

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Your question is kind of wrong to begin with. Why would Yoshino ever brawl? It's a long distance kiter - it even has a 20km range option on the torps. It's armor scheme isn't really great for brawling, either. Guns are great for medium to long range engagements, though. Each ship should be played to it's strengths.

Overall, if the Yoshi plays to it's strenghts it will likely spam the PR to death from range, as long as the owner can kite properly. Closer range it's a tossup, the torps are very dangerous to the PR and they do hit hard, but the Yoshino will need to land several to deplete the PR's health pool. In order to do that, it needs to give broadside at close range to 12 305's with improved pen angles and great damage. It's not exactly an ideal situation.

• Cool 3

[EPI]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
12,796 battles

Yoshino wins this easily.

Better concealment, can easily kite PR and use all 3 turrets. If PR wants to close range he will not be able to use the back turrets, so its 9vs6 with yoshino having superior HE shells. And then there is the torps.

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

Care to comment on the subject? as a newly wed PR owner?

Assuming Yoshino goes balls in and doesn't risk using rear turret, then improved AP angles are of little value. Even going for turret kills won't help you much when Yoshie stuffs PR with torps

Using rear turret can cause significant emotional event should PR return the salvo of AP shells. So some timing and mind play may be needed.

Both sides AP have more than enough pen to pierce main armored belts, both have all-or-nothing armor scheme, so hits anywhere else will end mostly with overpens, both can't overmatch each other and both can HEsmack each other. Difference, PR can't be (reliably) cit'd.

For long range standoffs, Yoshino have accuracy and ballistics. PR have American Piercing, so *might* have easier time punishing any partial broadside available

[SHAD]
Players
3,421 posts
14,122 battles

If I was the Yoshino at medium range. I’d bow tank with HE Like I have done to Stalingrads in the past. If he tries to get around to citadel me he would get a couple but eat 4 torps.

if the Yoshino can kite the PR will struggle.

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,017 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Sirius_IV sagte:

Now every big nation has a supercruiser that's tier ten. Which would win in a brawl?

Yoshino being the easiest to obtain. By collecting resource daily crates every day. 

Puetro Rico being the second easiest to obtain if you were willing to give away your wallets v-card.

Yoshino has three gun turrets 9 guns in total and 16 torpedo launchers 8 on each side. Also simular if not the same armour layout as Azuma. 

Puerto Rico having 4 gun turrets 12 guns. More armored and its guns can give the punch. 

Not that I'm spending a dime on PR just curious. Pr could ap Yoshino to death with all its guns in once. But Yoshino has the torps to bother PR with. 

"Every major nation has a T10 supercruiser." Germany: excuse me! 

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,327 posts
9,187 battles

I'd put my bets on Yoshino being the better ship, but in the right situations the Puerto Rico is more of a fun ship to play.

2 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

"Every major nation has a T10 supercruiser." Germany: excuse me! 

But Germany historically isn't a major nation when it comes to naval power... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,017 battles
Vor 1 Minute, CptMinia sagte:

I'd put my bets on Yoshino being the better ship, but in the right situations the Puerto Rico is more of a fun ship to play.

But Germany historically isn't a major nation when it comes to naval power... :Smile_trollface:

Well... What about ww1:) 

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
Just now, CptMinia said:

Germonies are major wehraboo power though...

And they still have Sigfried somewhere down in the pipeline

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
13,157 battles

If both players are equally skilled then yoshino! Supercruisers main weakness are the normal cruisers! If they dont find them broadside they re AP shells wont do much while the enemy HE will burn you down! The supercruiser doesnt have the HE dpm to burn the normal cruisers and dont forget that they burn for 30 seconds instead of 60s. Azuma thanks to its 40 seconds heal and yoshino can deal with normal cruisers very well!

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
Players
353 posts
8,744 battles
2 hours ago, Sirius_IV said:

Now every big nation has a supercruiser that's tier ten.

I'm not an ardent nationalist or anything, but I'm fairly sure that the Royal Navy have a strong case for having been a major player in the (hypothetical) time period of the ships being used.

If it's being done purely on nation size/population rather than naval power, then China and/or India probably have a legitimate claim to the major nation missing a supercruiser status...

For the yoshi vs PR 1v1 duel though, I can't see the PR winning unless there's a misplay by the yoshi.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,878 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I have Yoshino.

I would say at long range the Yoshino has the advantage due to deadly HE spam. At close range the Torps also give the advantage.
In the mid range I’d favour the PR.

Seems legit, though admittedly I at present have no great interest in either ship. However, I do get a rather irresistible urge to set up "La Bamba", as my background music every time I hear the name "Puerto Rico"... :cap_hmm::Smile_great::cap_haloween:

Might end up eventually getting her just because of that, we'll see... :cap_old:

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,327 posts
9,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

During the Great War, yes in one sense Germany did have quite a well armed navy. But realistically, the Royal Navy was more than twice the size of the German navy in 1914 and of course after the war Germany was heavily restricted by treaties while countries like Britain, France and even Italy's industry and manufacturing was on the rise. It of course doesn't help that Hitler didn't pay much attention to Germany's navy apart from when it came to building submersibles (Yes U-Boats were closer to submersibles than submarines). And well by late 1943 the Allied forces had punched through the Iron Wall and with America's manufacturing industry now at an all-time high that dwarfed British and even Japan's industry well... Germany was bound to lose.

Yes Germany was quite a power before the Great War but that was over 100 years ago and thanks to the Great War followed by Hitler's tour of Europe well... you know how it ended.

Right enough of a history lesson, back on topic now please :P

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
18 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

In ww1 they created a nice repository of non-contaminated, pre-nuclear world steel for use in the construction of medical instruments.. which is probably the most constructive use of weapons of war, like, ever. So they've got that going for them...

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,646 posts
9,324 battles
26 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

In ww1 they created a nice repository of non-contaminated, pre-nuclear world steel for use in the construction of medical instruments.. which is probably the most constructive use of weapons of war, like, ever. So they've got that going for them...

I never understood though why it isn't easier to get non-nuclear steel when you get it fresh from mines... 

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I never understood though why it isn't easier to get non-nuclear steel when you get it fresh from mines... 

I think main issue with mining "new" iron and then making steel out of it is contamination of radioactive traces during melting process. Meanwhile underwater steel reserves are, well, already done and can be cold machined into needed shapes without melting.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,878 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I think main issue with mining "new" iron and then making steel out of it is contamination of radioactive traces during melting process. Meanwhile underwater steel reserves are, well, already done and can be cold machined into needed shapes without melting.

Indeed, this is indeed the only correct process to make proper steel for medical instruments, also every medical instrument made otherwise will obviously be severely jinxed and immediately cause any patient to die of a massive hemorrhage if one attempts to use them. For this reason it is essential that all medical steel be fashioned into a battleship first before its actual intended use (just part of the process). Of course some poor ignorant, misguided soul might then be tempted to use our medicinal steel resource as a battleship by mistake, but that is purely a result or erroneous use that's all...:Smile_great:

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Indeed, this is indeed the only correct process to make proper steel for medical instruments, also every medical instrument made otherwise will obviously be severely jinxed and immediately cause any patient to die of a massive hemorrhage if one attempts to use them. For this reason it is essential that all medical steel be fashioned into a battleship first before its actual intended use (just part of the process).:Smile_great:

Low radiation steel is more likely used for precise measurements, be it of scientific (Geiger counters anyone) or medical variety. Ye olde stabbing bits can be done with regular steel just fine unless its glowing in the dark and its not from the heat

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,878 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Low radiation steel is more likely used for precise measurements, be it of scientific (Geiger counters anyone) or medical variety. Ye olde stabbing bits can be done with regular steel just fine unless its glowing in the dark and its not from the heat

DOH!:Smile_facepalm: I sometime really worry about you man...:Smile_amazed:

Here were, it's a Friday, WAY past breakfast time, I'm in Dublin AND HERE YOU ARE TRYING TO HAVE AN OBJECTIVE, FACTUAL CONVERSATION ABOUT SOMETHING?! :Smile_amazed: ... I mean, that must be practically illegal. :Smile_ohmy:

giphy.gif

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS AND URGENT PINT-SIZE EMERGENCY!!! Now immediately start having some and relax already!!:Smile_honoring:

giphy.gif

Sign in to follow this