Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sub_Littoral

Are the designers/balance team really this (edited!)

20 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
8,806 battles

I have loads of top tier ships, but I like starting new lines.

Have any of the WG personnel actually played tiers 2 to 4 recently? The sheer number of CV's makes it a really shitty match for anyone else.

So, are you trying to scare of the new players, because you are desperately pushing recommend a friend messages and rewards these days, I assume not?

So just make it more reasonable for new players so they do not feel so outgrossed by the stupid CV's and their undodgable bombs as I doubt they will stay and your game will gradually atrophy. 

You seem to be ignoring the vast amount of player feedback and sticking you heads in the sand going 'nah, nah, nah' loudly so you can't hear. Look at the response to the PR special you did. I played the test and gave feedback and hoped to play it... but not if you are going to rip me off to make it possible... and I have put a lot of money into this game.

So, please open your eyes and acknowledge that your game is actually dependent on the players staying and investing in it as they are what is important!

• Cool 7

Players
785 posts

Funny thing... or not really. Couple of months after the CV rework was released I mostly played T3-T5 battles cause T6 ships had no chase of surviving VS T8 CVs. At the end of summer they released the reworked AA-sector reinforcement thing and I havent played many T3-T5 battles since, because T4 CVs now crap on everything.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,941 battles

Isnt T2 protected?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,542 posts
20,662 battles

Their data probably shows them the best way to proceed is to inflate prices on high tier assets and not bother with trying to fix low tier gameplay as there is little to gain from it in earnings or growing the playerbase there. We keep playing until it dies, and keep paying more and more as long as it stays on. 

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Players
2,044 posts
3,819 battles

Agreed T4 CV seal clubbing needs to be addressed. I can't imagine what a new player thinks when they start playing T3's with little or no AA against a skilled CV clubber

• Cool 5

Players
7,236 posts
11,667 battles
1 minute ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Isnt T2 protected?

It is. Although with a fail divi you sure can get yourself into a CV game.

Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

I can't imagine what a new player thinks when they start playing T3's with little or no AA against a skilled CV clubber

Its not even sealclubbers at this stage anymore. The "worst" is already over, since many got tired of clubbing I suppose. But its that easy, that even average joes are giving any surface ship a run for their money. And then there is the spotting...

• Cool 2

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,941 battles
7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Agreed T4 CV seal clubbing needs to be addressed. I can't imagine what a new player thinks when they start playing T3's with little or no AA against a skilled CV clubber

I can, those guys think:"i need a bigger ship. Hmmm, where can i get a bigger ship easily...."

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Came across this classy gentleman recently. His total battle count was 8k battles. Totally nothing wrong with this picture.. /s

IMG_4633.PNG

Good job, WG. 11/10.

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

Players
6,117 posts

Hmm... WoT forum has an interesting semantic thread that is related. I think the technical term you are looking for is not 'stupid' but 'debil'. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,738 posts
28 minutes ago, Sub_Littoral said:

I have loads of top tier ships, but I like starting new lines.

Have any of the WG personnel actually played tiers 2 to 4 recently? The sheer number of CV's makes it a really shitty match for anyone else.

So, are you trying to scare of the new players, because you are desperately pushing recommend a friend messages and rewards these days, I assume not?

So just make it more reasonable for new players so they do not feel so outgrossed by the stupid CV's and their undodgable bombs as I doubt they will stay and your game will gradually atrophy. 

You seem to be ignoring the vast amount of player feedback and sticking you heads in the sand going 'nah, nah, nah' loudly so you can't hear. Look at the response to the PR special you did. I played the test and gave feedback and hoped to play it... but not if you are going to rip me off to make it possible... and I have put a lot of money into this game.

So, please open your eyes and acknowledge that your game is actually dependent on the players staying and investing in it as they are what is important!

Get Rid of CV out of T3 T4 has been said a mega-tron of times by The Players.

Pushing up Players in to T5 to early I personally feel is a " Business Tactical Error "  The Q4 spread sheets say it is not, and you will never be able to argue with Q term profits.

There is " no stupidity " involved in it.

Regards

• Cool 1

Players
3,528 posts
22 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Isnt T2 protected?

Yes I believe it is, T3 and 4 ships will get the CV plague, although  sometimes I myself might be that plague, lol.

Talking of low tiers, why the hell does it take so long to get into a tier 1 game?

Players
6,117 posts
5 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Get Rid of CV out of T3 T4 has been said a mega-tron of times by The Players.

Pushing up Players in to T5 to early I personally feel is a " Business Tactical Error "  The Q4 spread sheets say it is not, and you will never be able to argue with Q term profits.

There is " no stupidity " involved in it.

Regards

Well, frankly as things stand, it is in the players' best interest to move up to tier 5 and upwards because that's where all the relevant content is... such as it is, currently.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,304 posts
7,604 battles

WG doesn't care about T4 and less. 

When a new line is released, it's very easy to win at least the T5 of that branch, so you can skip low tier grinding easily.

Did you really think events work that way because WG want to make a gift to players ?

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts

All the "relevant content" introduced in 2019 and worse still to come convinced me to play MORE low tier and just hope there are some games without a flotilla of CVs instead of being low tier in every T10 HE-camperfest full of fictional miracle ships.

• Cool 2

Players
1,738 posts
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well, frankly as things stand, it is in the players' best interest to move up to tier 5 and upwards because that's where all the relevant content is... such as it is, currently.

I accept that opinion, However I feel there are " Missed Opportunity " to possible introduce new ships, new lines, new historical multi player, scenarios, ( along with toys and camo,s) and spark more historical interest in T3 T4 

Imagine a Battle of Jutland Scenario and such.

I also think CV should be tiered on the odd numbers not the even numbers introducing the 1st set of Tier 11 as CV,s

• Cool 3

[YEBOI]
Players
296 posts
9,506 battles

Just remove T4 CVs. Or restrict to coop only so ppl can practice aim etc. T6 is where you start learning anyway. You don’t learn CV gameplay in T4, and actually it teaches a lot of bad habits.

• Funny 1

Players
6,117 posts
4 minutes ago, novents said:

Just remove T4 CVs. Or restrict to coop only so ppl can practice aim etc. T6 is where you start learning anyway. You don’t learn CV gameplay in T4, and actually it teaches a lot of bad habits.

This is a problem because the way the tech trees are made up is difficult match them up with say, WW1, interwar, WW2 or even post war eras.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,701 posts
20,987 battles

You know, low tier CVs weren't always infested with seal clubbers. They were actually somewhat balanced, albeit boring to play.

Too bad that also meant they were extremely unpopular, which ofc implied that the rework was a failure. WG couldn't have that, so they buffed low tier CVs extremely to artificially keep their numbers up via seal clubbing. And it worked.

Hence the answer is yes, they are.

• Cool 8

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,414 posts
12,267 battles

Don't get me wrong,

I'm not against discussions about CVs in low tiers.

2 per team battles are actually not fun for anyone besides CVs..

But..

Please,

after this one will be locked,

please be a little more constructive If you open a new thread about the issue..

G'day!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 4