Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll]: How many Directives (0-7) will you be able to finish in WoWs v0.8.11 (Christmas / New Year) ?

How many Directives (0-7) will you be able to finish in WoWs v0.8.11 (Christmas / New Year) ?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. How many Directives (0-7) will you be able to finish in WoWs v0.8.11 (Christmas / New Year) ?

• 0 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 1 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 2 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 3 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 4 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 5 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 6 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 7 - I DID NOT buy "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 0 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 1 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 2 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 3 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 4 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 5 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 6 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand
    • 7 - I bought "Gorizia" beforehand

84 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,847 posts
17,751 battles

HI all,

[Poll]: How many Directives (0-7) will you be able to finish in WoWs v0.8.11 (Christmas / New Year) ?

I didn't buy "Gorizia" beforehand and I managed to finish the 3rd Directive (it was huge task due to Christmas / New Year family obligations and very limited time to play)... that will be my maximum effort... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Leo_Apollo11 sagte:

HI all,

I didn't buy "Gorizia" beforehand and I managed to finish the 3rd Directive (it was huge task due to Christmas / New Year family obligations and very limited time to play)... that will be my maximum effort... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

Congrats you just grinded pef then. This grind is just ridiculous and not possible unless you play at least 20 hours a day. 

Players
23 posts
15,329 battles

I got Gorizia 2 days ago from finishing directive 3, i didnt grind event i play casualy every day about 4 -5 batles but i must say its realy ....... shity ship,.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
3 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

This grind is just ridiculous and not possible unless you play at least 20 hours a day. 

That depends on so much that a general answer is difficult. I played 116 battles from start of the directives until three days ago when my vacation ended. Assuming 15 minutes a battle, that's 29 hours of battle time. Over 4 weeks... that's a little over 7 hours a week. So one hour a day of battle time. With port idling and captain selection and waiting for a ship to come back from battle after you died early I'd say 2 hours tops per day.

However that is for players that have every necessarry booster available.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,179 posts
29,718 battles

I finished first 3 directives and will probably be able to finish all four missions for T6 ships. I didn't bother to finish D4 at all as I am neither in the need for port slots and not interested in wasting my time in pointless grinds.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,847 posts
17,751 battles

Hi all,

8 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I finished first 3 directives and will probably be able to finish all four missions for T6 ships. I didn't bother to finish D4 at all as I was neither in the need for port slots and not interested in wasting my time in pointless grinds.

So same as me... I will now try to grind the 4 missions for the T6 ships... we have until 16.01.2020. for that task... :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Allied_Winter sagte:

That depends on so much that a general answer is difficult. I played 116 battles from start of the directives until three days ago when my vacation ended. Assuming 15 minutes a battle, that's 29 hours of battle time. Over 4 weeks... that's a little over 7 hours a week. So one hour a day of battle time. With port idling and captain selection and waiting for a ship to come back from battle after you died early I'd say 2 hours tops per day.

However that is for players that have every necessarry booster available.

The question is how many directives you finished then. I got four but didn't play for a week. After I reached stage 4 which was a painful grind with no more fun included in the end (wanted goriza) I didn't wanted to play anymore. After I began playing for fun I got Directive 4 finished yesterday. But I don't know why I wanted goriza in the first place... It's not even good. 

Players
376 posts
16,171 battles

Literally I didn't want to burn my self out the game, but starting some them directives and just looking at the is enough to burn someone out, probably why I done some of it and went to play something else most days,

But a real question would be, how long of a break from wows will you need to recover from the Xmas patch? 

• Cool 3

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, Karotte_marksman said:

The question is how many directives you finished then.

D3. Currently at D4 with no intention nor time to finish that. I've gone for the four ships (3/4 done already) but that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Karotte_marksman said:

It's not even good.

It's ... ok. Same as with PEF or DoY she'll become a snowflake queen though.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,833 posts
13,224 battles

Got Gorizia, haven't touched the game since then aside from last weeks clanbrawl. 

• Cool 1

Players
706 posts
2,099 battles

I decided to treat the whole thing as a learn to play cruisers. 

Bought the Gorizia at the start and then just used her in co-op and played normally. completed Directive 3 day before yesterday and received a bunch of doubloons instead of Gorizia for finishing D3. I guess about 100 battles (looking at my wows-numbers).

When I looked at D4 my immediate though was no chance as at that time I didn't have ships from most of the countries.

Much better at Cruisers now, and will get the PR in about 22hours......:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
1,043 posts
4,027 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Allied_Winter sagte:

D3. Currently at D4 with no intention nor time to finish that. I've gone for the four ships (3/4 done already) but that's about it.

Idk. It works well except for the lacking strike power against bbs. Everything else is fine with this ship. But then again why are once again bbs almost immune against it when not showing broadside. But that's another topic and does not belong here. Anyway this Christmas event was just the worst of all I experienced since Graf Spee. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,785 posts
6,795 battles

Might finish D3 over the weekend, depends on how much time I end up having available to play (and how much time I can be arsed to spend). So I'll answer the poll when I know.

5 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is underrated. She plays a lot like a T6 Hood, and like that ship she's got an undeservedly bad reputation.

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

No boosters (not a chance) and by just playing about 1-2 hours a night if i was on, finished directive 3 and got that free ship thingy.  :Smile_teethhappy:

A ship i had no intention to get or even play to be honest. However, i got the Haida in one of the free Santa box (end of directive 2).

So in the end i got 2 free ships.  One is quite good at tier 7 and fun, the other i have no interest in.

Involved in a tournament  at the moment so training battles don't give you XP. lol

Cant complain about getting things free from this whole PR grind.  But the way they have done all this is shocking.

[BOATY]
Players
878 posts
15,249 battles

So im on 7 now. My plan was to do the 3x 350k xp missions the credit mission and the 1.1m xp mission to complete.

shot-20_01.09_04_01.39-0599.thumb.jpg.694c8fadce2b02a9c5105fd2e6dd22e2.jpgshot-20_01.09_04_01.54-0212.thumb.jpg.d02f229a00a35c1015f58d8b7bcc051d.jpg

So far im ahead on my grind curve but I have ran out of signals so this is now a bit harder.

• Cool 4

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,304 posts
7,604 battles

I did 1 directive while blowing the snowflakes of my ships, and that's all. TY WG for this relaxing christmas !

• Cool 4

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I completed all the previous X-mas directives/campaigns, and I was latently interested in the Gorizia (known ship, with an actual career, and a nice looking vessel on top of it). I even like the DoY and can live with the PEF & Spee.

Then the rumours about the live-server PR-event started to leak through from the NA-server, and I started to get suspicious. It was bad, it was really bad, but I could probably muster 3 directives and get the Gorizia. Then Sub-Octavian came with his beef-manure claim that the Gorizia was easier to obtain than the PEF last year, after which I ran the numbers, and it turned out that was a blatant lie. This left me with such a bad taste in the mouth that I just said: Fork it, choke on this "Christmas"-(non)event GreedGaming, and choke on it for the rest of the foreseeable future as well. The fact that WG didn't even say: "yeah, the event is harsh, but we'll make the collection tied to it now also available for daily containers as well, as a gesture" also was rather telling: greedy as hell in order of not having to hand out a santa-container and 5 direct-acting premium days. This will be the first collection in WoWS that I will not have completed. I have completed all the others.   

So I completed 1 directive completely accidentally by knocking off the snowflakes and obtaining the AJAX-camouflage for Leander. And that's it, no battles played since then, except to knock of the snowflake of the newly obtained T-61 from the doubloons I received from the recruiting station (I take that recruiting station very seriously, as it fully encompasses and embraces the WG-policy towards veteran players: reap rewards when not playing yourself, we don't care about loyalty, thrust or anything like that... And it's true: I've gotten more useful rewards from the recruiting container I harvest every 14 days than I got for playing the game myself). 

Buying the Gorizia was straight out of the question, given WG's track-record of the last 18 months. Not a penny from me anymore: not now, not tomorrow and not in the next decade or twenty-seven. I get a trickle of doubloons every month via the RC, and that suffices, as I don't have anything to spend it on anyway now. 

What I did complete was the Festive500, which was cycling a 500km marathon between X-mas and New-Year. I get a physical badge for that, and it didn't cost me any money (just some belly-fat and perseverance).

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
21 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

So im on 7 now. My plan was to do the 3x 350k xp missions the credit mission and the 1.1m xp mission to complete.

shot-20_01.09_04_01.39-0599.thumb.jpg.694c8fadce2b02a9c5105fd2e6dd22e2.jpgshot-20_01.09_04_01.54-0212.thumb.jpg.d02f229a00a35c1015f58d8b7bcc051d.jpg

So far im ahead on my grind curve but I have ran out of signals so this is now a bit harder.

Wow, good going mate!

Not a single booster brought too. I cant but just admire the work you have put in even though it has stripped your flag supply.

I am not even gonna ask how much time you have put into doing that and how your eyes must be bleeding.  You are gonna need to sleep for a few days after all this. Lol

But well done, i really hope you finish it and click that "complete for money" button! :Smile_medal:

My i ask, and if you don't mind and i understand if you don't answer.....Do you work? 

[BOATY]
Players
878 posts
15,249 battles
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

Wow, good going mate!

Not a single booster brought too. I cant but just admire the work you have put in even though it has stripped your flag supply.

I am not even gonna ask how much time you have put into doing that and how your eyes must be bleeding.  You are gonna need to sleep for a few days after all this. Lol

But well done, i really hope you finish it and click that "complete for money" button! :Smile_medal:

My i ask, and if you don't mind and i understand if you don't answer.....Do you work? 

I didnt bother to track it but if I had to guess right now 150 ish hrs of play. 

as for work. YES and NO.. I am retired and disabled and I take side work to supplement my income. If I had a 9-5 job I could not do this. unless I was working with friends who were playing my account while at work.

• Cool 3

[O-R-P]
Players
2,357 posts
23,670 battles

Did first 4 directives, maybe I finish other D4 missions for more ships slots ( 210 slots is not enough for me :Smile_sad:) Main reward that means 2000 steel is obtained, rest is not very important but with remaining days I for sure will try to rebuy most of sold TVIII and retrive as much steel as it's possible. I bought Gorizia because I swore to myself after PEF maraton not to worry too much about that grindshow and it was all which I spended on WoWs. From free Santa Containers I recived Wichita ( Santa Container from TX ) and Lenin (PR build Big Santa container) so it was nice. Anyway Gorizia and Zara are true queens of Narai so it was good idea.

Players
2,514 posts
14,700 battles

I am on 4th and maybe I'll finish, maybe not. Probably not.

We have already 8 people in the hall of fame. :cap_like:

Even if they got Gorizia for cash, big respect to crazy no lifers for doing it all already. 4th is a grind, but 5, 6, 7 are insane.

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I didnt bother to track it but if I had to guess right now 150 ish hrs of play.

Wow.

If i did that with the 2 hours say, I put in a night after work and family then i would have completed that in about 3-4 months. 

Take it you don't work.  It's not a dig but it's interesting to know who this is apparently free grind is aimed at (when they stated it's "dodable").

i admire you but also feel sorry for you at the time time, no disrespect.

I hope you are alright. 

• Cool 1

[LEWD]
Players
364 posts
23,282 battles

Almost done with the 5th and will maybe get half way through the 6th,pity as I would have liked the coal and steel.

[BOATY]
Players
878 posts
15,249 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Wow.

If i did that with the 2 hours say, I put in a night after work and family then i would have completed that in about 3-4 months. 

Take it you don't work.  It's not a dig but it's interesting to know who this is apparently free grind is aimed at (when they stated it's "dodable").

i admire you but also feel sorry for you at the time time, no disrespect.

I hope you are alright. 

retired/disabled

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
24,683 battles
56 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

This.