Sign in to follow this  
Kasseopea

Install native client over the steam client somehow?

6 comments in this topic

Question

Players
54 posts
842 battles

Hey, so i had downloaded the steam client for a *while*, then realized that Wargaming is the only company that hasn't discovered cross-plattform accounts yet. I'd like to change the launcher from Steam to Wargaming, without having to redownload the entire client again. Is that possible somehow?

5 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,326 battles
1 hour ago, Kasseopea said:

Hey, so i had downloaded the steam client for a *while*, then realized that Wargaming is the only company that hasn't discovered cross-plattform accounts yet. I'd like to change the launcher from Steam to Wargaming, without having to redownload the entire client again. Is that possible somehow?

As it's even separate accounts it's not possible from what I know to play this way. 

Players
54 posts
842 battles

Thanks for the answers. I guess i didn't explain myself properly - i have a wargaming account. I downloaded the Steam version. I wanted to download the Wargaming launcher, let it recognize the installed game and let me start it from the launcher. But redownloading is now.

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
3 hours ago, Kasseopea said:

Thanks for the answers. I guess i didn't explain myself properly - i have a wargaming account. I downloaded the Steam version. I wanted to download the Wargaming launcher, let it recognize the installed game and let me start it from the launcher. But redownloading is now.

In that case the answer is a flat no i guess. Both versions are not compatible in that way afik.

Support might have a way but i doubt that, esp given that Steam is a proprietary installation platform as well which is likely to come with different requirements.

Sign in to follow this