You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Filipin00

How can we help Graf Zeppelin bombers?

76 comments in this topic

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Hello everybody,

I know I'll probably cause some :Smile_facepalm: reactions by making this post but there is an obvious problem with Graf Zeppelin's dive bombers being terribly inconsistent and unintuitive to use.

Last changes to GZ to balance her in line with other tier VIII carriers was back in June (https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119503-st-changes-to-graf-zeppelin/)

Here in this post, I will propose some changes that might bring balance to her bombers without crossing the line from balanced to overpowered and I implore you to join in.

I propose any of the following changes either together or individually(underlined changes are the ones I think are crucial):

These are some of the changes that I propose that together or individually might improve bombers of GZ.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles

Alas dont play the Zep would be my answer...

[SHAD]
Players
3,445 posts
14,188 battles

AP bombs work for the enterprise. 

Of course both are premiums so I’m not expecting a buff.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
14 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Hello everybody,

I know I'll probably cause some :Smile_facepalm: reactions by making this post but there is an obvious problem with Graf Zeppelin's dive bombers being terribly inconsistent and unintuitive to use.

Last changes to GZ to balance her in line with other tier VIII carriers was back in June (https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119503-st-changes-to-graf-zeppelin/)

Well there is nothing you can do with RNG and they are very RNG dependent.

I have "feeling" so it is not 100% proven that i have more hits when bombers are as slow as possible over target and drop them on lowest position to target....when planes are closest to ship.

Also "felling" that i have more good RNG when i approach target from front or back

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Alas dont play the Zep would be my answer...

why not? And this is full solo play, not a single division game

Izrezak.JPG

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

WOOPS sorry guys something crapped up and my full post wasn't displayed

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

why not? And this is full solo play, not a single division game

Izrezak.JPG

Becouse its pointles next to Kaga or even Saipan for prem value and free Shokak or Lexi are better options as well

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Becouse its pointles next to Kaga or even Saipan for prem value and free Shokak or Lexi are better options as well

Yeah..but he HAVE IT.

It would be "bad" not to play premium ship when you have it.

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Yeah..but he HAVE IT.

It would be "bad" not to play premium ship when you have it.

:Smile_great:This

Don't forget, people paid for it, it was the most expensive tier VIII premium at some point, maybe it still is. I don't want it to be OP, that is the least thing I want, especially considering how many people has it.

We, the customers of WG, who bought it just want it to be balanced.

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles

Depends if that premium ship is actually worth playing or not, GZ has more issues then just the DBs that were nerfed at the start of rework so they are not likely to buff thrm btw, omly reason I see for playing it apart from some meme builds and dusting off flakes is if its your only T8 prem cv and you use it to farm some easy silver

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Depends if that premium ship is actually worth playing or not, GZ has more issues then just the DBs that were nerfed at the start of rework so they are not likelx to buff thrm btw

In this state no matter what you do to them, if the number of planes in squadron and attack stay the same, they will never be stronger than Enty's dive bombers. Never. Ever.

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles
Just now, Filipin00 said:

In this state no matter what you do to them, if the number of planes in squadron and attack stay the same, they will never be stronger than Enty's dive bombers. Never. Ever.

Oh that is not the issue, I had GZ (got it in a box btw) in the time before the bomb nerf and it was a "citmaster 2k" then, guess why it got nerfed to oblivion...

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Oh that is not the issue, I had GZ (got it in a box btw) in the time before the bomb nerf and it was a "citmaster 2k" then, guess why it got nerfed to oblivion...

What box did you get it in? Paid one? Free received one? If you bought it, how many did you buy and how much money did it cost you overall?

You can't compare somebody actually paying for it full price in premium shop and someone buying few boxes for couple of $ worthy of coffee and getting it for peanuts.:Smile_sceptic:

(P.S. I'm not saying you got it that way, I'm just saying that as general statement.)

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Depends if that premium ship is actually worth playing or not, GZ has more issues then just the DBs that were nerfed at the start of rework so they are not likely to buff thrm btw, omly reason I see for playing it apart from some meme builds and dusting off flakes is if its your only T8 prem cv and you use it to farm some easy silver

In fact fast TB are very useful....if you execute TB attack at max speed (you boost thru attack approach) loses are very minimal and you can send wave after wave of them on enemie.

Rocket planes with 40 mm pen are also consistent dmg dealer that will hurt most ships.

If she had consistent AP bombers she would be one of top CVs

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles

Honestly I dont remember was it paid or free i spent about 30€ on that event IIRC and got all the brit pre accesed and saipan and graf zep out of it, I bought Kaga much later with a coupon

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
5 minutes ago, veslingr said:

In fact fast TB are very useful....if you execute TB attack at max speed (you boost thru attack approach) loses are very minimal and you can send wave after wave of them on enemie.

Rocket planes with 40 mm pen are also consistent dmg dealer that will hurt most ships.

If she had consistent AP bombers she would be one of top CVs

Rocket planes are balanced, strong rockets but planes themselves are weak and slow

Torpedo planes are greatly balanced as well, torpedo damage is standard, not too high, not too low, flood chance is ok, but torpedoes themselves are a bit slow and harder to hit faster moving targets like light cruisers.

AP Dive bombers....well.....I don't think I need to say anything do I? I just don't think it's justified to lose all 8 planes to make at most 2-3k damage.

edit: hell I would even agree to secondaries full nerf in exchange for decent dive bombers....

Players
1,261 posts

Or just remove the DB completely.

No......wait.............hear me out.

Also remove the rocket planes!

Are you still reading?

Okay let me explain.

As we can see with Indomitable "Da Way" for WG and the CV class should be "less" - less of everything and focus more on this less.

So we remove both Rocket and DB.

And therefore we add a new type of plane.

A fast fighter style aircraft with bombs. Yes bombs - similar to Ark Royal.

They dont deal a lot of damage and dont pen a lot but unlike Ark Royals they are not dropped in the carpet bomber style but the normal DB style.

So we have a Hybrid Plane that is part Rocket - part DB

And we have the Torp Bomber.

And the german Secondary.

Ohhh and gib back Hydro for the Lolz

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
1 minute ago, CastorTolagi said:

Are you still reading?

Okay let me explain.

As we can see with Indomitable "Da Way" for WG and the CV class should be "less" - less of everything and focus more on this less.

They dont deal a lot of damage and dont pen a lot but unlike Ark Royals they are not dropped in the carpet bomber style but the normal DB style.

index.jpg

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,557 battles
4 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

Are you still reading?

Okay let me explain.

So we have a Hybrid Plane that is part Rocket - part DB

And we have the Torp Bomber.

And the german Secondary.

Ohhh and gib back Hydro for the Lolz

Except ArcRoyal doesnt drop normal style at all

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 minutes ago, siraiaw said:

just double the potential damage of the current bombers

That's hardly ever going to happen. We're talking 14k max (citadel) damage per bomb, times 2 if both bombs hit 28k. Of course that never happens so......wait that might work lmao

[DK]
Players
260 posts
2,018 battles
1 minute ago, Filipin00 said:

That's hardly ever going to happen. We're talking 14k max (citadel) damage per bomb, times 2 if both bombs hit 28k. Of course that never happens so......wait that might work lmao

exactly and that is the same damage potential as the japanese carriers

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
Just now, siraiaw said:

exactly and that is the same damage potential as the japanese carriers

And still less than Enty's damage potential :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1