Flandre Bug Read more... ×
blackwolf23king

Change launcher from NA to EU?

4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
740 battles

I redownloaded wows again for some casual fun. Problem is I googled-up world of warships and was directed to the NA version of the website where I downloaded the old launcher.

I have an EU account but an NA launcher and game files  I tried changing the server manually (res files) as well as the Aslan's mod to no avail (Unable to connect to server DNS error .....). I thought I would fix it by downloading the wargame launcher. Which did recognize my game file but now demands me to add an NA account to even launch the game. Is there a way to change my wows launcher into the EU one without having to redownload a reinstall?

3 answers to this question

Players
2 posts
740 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

For as far as im aware NO. 

There are separate clients and youll need to remove the NA one and download the EU version. 

Yeah seems like it after a few hours of searching. That being said this is so stupid, 95% of the game data is the same yet have to redownload everything...

Players
1,140 posts
13,074 battles
1 hour ago, blackwolf23king said:

Yeah seems like it after a few hours of searching. That being said this is so stupid, 95% of the game data is the same yet have to redownload everything...

Well yeah, but then again it is a relatively uncommon mistake to make and from a game development point of view it is a fairly logical choice. 
Would be nice if you could just patch one version to the other, but this just costs you a bit more time for a mistake you probably wont make again ;)