Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__caron__

So...I got the PR....

178 comments in this topic

Players
1,738 posts
1 minute ago, __caron__ said:

Listen...I pretty much nevere posted here...I just play the game since...A LOT....and that's it.

so I just wanted to share a thought I got.

I'm one of the supposed whales...I dropped like 40 euros on dobloons, bought a couple boosters and grinded 4 directives to get the PR.

Why I wanted it? I don't know....I already have alaska and I know PR was not such a MUST HAVE ship. She is just okish...a little boring and pretty much not so interesting.

I finally got her yesterday and being I'm 9 days early I could probably have saved some euros on a booster....but it's ok. I'm a smoker and being it costed me barely like a bar of cigarettes I see it as not a such big deal.

Of course I wanted to test her and play her but since I started to do it....well. You know...a neverending stream of personal attacks and insult.

Listen...I know...the whole event was shady at best and WG pulled off a really moneygrabbing move here. 

BUT

I work since I was 18...I have 2 degrees and now I own a company with 32 employees. I'm not married and I have no kids....I do have friends and a nice social life.

I like nice things...and If I see something I like and that I can afford I spend money on it. I mean...I have 2k rims on my car....and a custom shop Telecaster worth a used car. and I do not play guitar anymore!

I really don't know why I'm writing this....I do not give a [edited]anymore on random people judgments on me....I know I'm an okish guy and if you'll ever come to my home I'll cook you all a dinner much more expensive than a PR just cause I like to.

so well....that's it... I know the whole PR event was BAAAAAD! But that is on WG side....not on somene like me that have videogames as main hobby and is willing to spend some monety on something totally stupid. I know I did...It's stupid. still It's not SO stupid....I throw away 200X a year in cigarette and alchool...and I think this is way dumber.

this said...kill me cause I pay for pixels...

Good for you 

o7

and so far I like this boat 

unknown.png

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
232 posts
15,919 battles

Imagine if it was the Smolensk as reward ship. People being jealous and hating the he spam 😆

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles

I got her (smolensk) just to know how to kill her....is a cheat and I feel bad every time I play it

BTW....the whole point of my post was: it's ok to blame WG for that...but don't attack the players. they have no guilt besides being maybe a little dumb in theyre money managing. I know I am. But PR even was MOST DEF NOT the dumbers spending I did in my life. I do not think we are satan cause we throw away some coins....

I got so many parking tickets cause of my job I can not count em...that's a waste!

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement

gandalf

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Players
245 posts
4,427 battles

Congrats on finishing PR, OP!

Worry not, eventually people will grow tired of personally attacking and focusing PRs in matches, and it'll end up being just another tier X ship.

Players
1,738 posts
4 minutes ago, __caron__ said:

I got her just to know how to kill her....is a cheat and I feel bad every time I play it

BTW....the whole point of my post was: it's ok to blame WG for that...but don't attack the players. they have no guilt besides being maybe a little dumb in theyre money managing. I know I am. But PR even was MOST DEF NOT the dumbers spending I did in my life. I do not think we are satan cause we throw away some coins....

I dont feel bad playing her.

The only thing I feel bad about is buying that Virtually Useless piece of junk, even tho its a good looking boat 

image.png.8645372fcc1118520a09e7c25fafb660.png

• Funny 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles

I got my PR yesterday and still havent tested it in random battles. Im scared of the focus fire and insults :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles
8 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

The only thing I feel bad about is buying that Virtually Useless piece of junk, even tho its a good looking boat 

I ment the Smol :P

• Funny 2

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles
4 minutes ago, Floofz said:

I got my PR yesterday and still havent tested it in random battles. Im scared of the focus fire and insults :Smile_sceptic:

Play good...kill 5 ships...they suddently stop :D

• Funny 1

[RODS]
Players
1,677 posts
7,760 battles
53 minutes ago, __caron__ said:

I work since I was 18...I have 2 degrees and now I own a company with 32 employees. I'm not married and I have no kids....I do have friends and a nice social life.

I like nice things...and If I see something I like and that I can afford I spend money on it. I mean...I have 2k rims on my car....and a custom shop Telecaster worth a used car. and I do not play guitar anymore!

Well said

You are for sure a true whale

Welcome to the club !

I really don't know why I'm writing this....I do not give a [edited]anymore on random people judgments on me....I know I'm an okish guy and if you'll ever come to my home I'll cook you all a dinner much more expensive than a PR just cause I like to.

so well....that's it... I know the whole PR event was BAAAAAD! But that is on WG side....not on somene like me that have videogames as main hobby and is willing to spend some monety on something totally stupid. I know I did...It's stupid. still It's not SO stupid....I throw away 200X a year in cigarette and alchool...and I think this is way dumber.

Lucky that some people have the money to invest in this or the game wouldnt be going anywhere (wouldn´t even exist)

I didn´t go for the PR, got like a 100 mega crates instead

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I dont feel bad about playing that either, I am a pyromaniac. I like to see enemy burn and my damage clock tick up

image.png.2a8530429fd975cc94f715eae5d71431.png

Image result for joker laughing gif?

bhuahahhahaahahahhaaha.... I mean...they put her in the game. I know :D still it feels so....cheap....to use her. To me I mean

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
52 minutes ago, __caron__ said:

Listen...I pretty much nevere posted here...I just play the game since...A LOT....and that's it.

I'm one of the supposed whales...I dropped like 40 euros on dobloons, bought a couple boosters and grinded 4 directives to get the PR.

Why I wanted it? I don't know....I already have alaska and I know PR was not such a MUST HAVE ship. She is just okish...a little boring and pretty much not so interesting.

I finally got her yesterday and being I'm 9 days early I could probably have saved some euros on a booster....but it's ok. I'm a smoker and being it costed me barely like a bar of cigarettes I see it as not a such big deal.

Of course I wanted to test her and play her but since I started to do it....well. You know...a neverending stream of personal attacks and insult.

Listen...I know...the whole event was shady at best and WG pulled off a really moneygrabbing move here. 

BUT

I agree with you. Spending 40 euros on pixel that give fun or beer it is the same. 

• Cool 5

[RODS]
Players
1,677 posts
7,760 battles
29 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

It is fun when you meet a Sinop ingame :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
2,050 posts
8,570 battles

I could buy PR for 25000 doubloons when the event ends, but I won't. Not because I cannot afford it, but because I don't need it and I'm not supporting WG's newest moral low point. Whoever buys the ship agrees with the pay to grind principle. Lot of players will leave if this practice becomes regular, and you can have some fun playing your pay to grind boats against a bunch of bots, for a while before the server gets shut down.

• Cool 11

[THESO]
Players
4,759 posts

People giving you trash in chat about owning PR are just envious.

Who gives a s*** about them, people used to give me crap because I played Kamikaze ... or Belfast ... or Kutuzov....

• Cool 6

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles
9 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I could buy PR for 25000 doubloons when the event ends, but I won't. Not because I cannot afford it, but because I don't need it and I'm not supporting WG's newest moral low point. Whoever buys the ship agrees with the pay to grind principle. Lot of players will leave if this practice becomes regular, and you can have some fun playing your pay to grind boats against a bunch of bots, for a while before the server gets shut down.

I totally agree with you point. And I probalby think the same. Still I did a middle groud...payed some just cause I wanted to. I'm not here to tell the right from the wrong. I'm just here to say that the blame should (and in fact it is) put on WG. Not on us poor morons that for one reason or another fell for it...Knowingly I mean. I do know I hated the event and still put some coins in it. I'm not trying to tell I'm right. Just that I'm in fact not evil...and I did not rape anyone doing it. Or stole anyone's money but my own.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles
47 minutes ago, __caron__ said:

I got her (smolensk) just to know how to kill her....is a cheat and I feel bad every time I play it

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement

gandalf

Comrade, Soviet cheat is legit!

Gandalf has just won a trip to the gulag. Two-pence philosophers are having a gathering there.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles

What you don t know is that many forumites are boycotting WG, one way or another.

The reason is very simple, WG does not consider feedback from the players at all. They went through with that idiotic CV rework of theirs, even if everybody said is crap.

At how boorish they are, I am amazed they dropped their next idiotic idea, the NTC/Research Bureau, as it was originally designed.

This PR event was another dubious event, selling a tier 10 premium for the first time. If they only did a 3 directives mission rewarding Gorizia, probably more people would have been happy.

Last year, 2019, was WoWs' year with the most wrong decisions. This year we may get submarines, even if all the community consider them badly designed.

Because of this, quite a few players do not feel they should reward WG for their dubious decisions. Financially too.

This is why most early PR buyers dont have a good image.

• Cool 11

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,514 posts
1 hour ago, __caron__ said:

BUT

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. Let me explain.

You are of course right that you have every right to spend your hard earned money in any way you please. And yes, some people buy alcohol, some people buy cinema tickets, some people get drunk in a bar, and some people buy pixel ships (I've bought many pixel ships myself). I can't blame you for spending your own money.

But at the same time, it is people like you, people who buy Puerto Rico, that show WG that this event was fine. Every euro/dollar/pound/whatever currency you use, is a small bit of feedback that tells WG "I'm ok with this event". That is why I disagree with the way you spent your money (in this particular instance). I can't blame you for it, I can't stop you, but I do disagree. Not that it matters what I think :p

This means that I will focus fire you in your Puerto Rico when I see you on the enemy team. Not because I dislike you, but because I dislike your ship, and the way you obtained it. I will go out of my way to make every enemy Puerto Rico's life a living hell by focussing my fire. Not because I hate the player, but because I hate the event. And if nobody plays Puerto Rico, it gives the signal that this sh*t is not wanted in this game.

That said, there is NO excuse for verbally assaulting any Puerto Rico, or teamkilling them. You are not responsible for that scummy event, and I have no trouble believing you're a nice guy. You are however, responsible for your own actions. Like I said, nobody deserves sh*ttalk and insults over it, nor teamkill. But focussing my shots on one enemy ship is within the boundaries of the game rules, and that is something I intend to do.

I'm not trying to bully or demean you in any way. I honestly hope you have all the fun with the ship, because ultimately having fun is what this game is all about. But please, understand the rationale behind the focus fire you're receiving. It's not personal, it's a statement against WG's greed and lies. Personal attacks and insults are personal, and should be reported and banned. There is just no excuse.

Also, and I realise this might sound weird after all that, welcome to the forums :)

Always nice to see more people finding their way in here :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
18 posts
24,580 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

What you don t know is that many forumites are boycotting WG, one way or another.

The reason is very simple, WG does not consider feedback from the players at all. They went through with that idiotic CV rework of theirs, even if everybody said is crap.

At how boorish they are, I am amazed they dropped their next idiotic idea, the NTC/Research Bureau, as it was originally designed.

This PR event was another dubious event, selling a tier 10 premium for the first time. If they only did a 3 directives mission rewarding Gorizia, probably more people would have been happy.

Last year, 2019, was WoWs' year with the most wrong decisions. This year we may get submarines, even if all the community consider them badly designed.

Because of this, quite a few players do not feel they should reward WG for their dubious decisions. Financially too.

I totally agree. I'm not saying I don't get it...I know where the hate come from. I just really want to tell...it's ok to voice the disagreement but do not hate the morons like me. we are probably ok guys...and we did not do this.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,514 posts
5 minutes ago, 22cm said:

As you know, I agree with this.

But keep in mind that some people do not only hate WG and Puerto Rico, they actively teamkill and insult the players. And even all that sh*t is no excuse for that.