Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Claudius_Caesar

Devs fix the the damn map border abuse

170 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
309 posts

I literally had 28.000 HP left when I started in my Georgia to engage on a Neptune that spent his 2/3 of a game time abusing the map border  in such ways it was nearly impossible to kill him 2 vs 1.  You can just take the border head on and then slide along (A or D'ing) , the problem is that you still have enough maneuverability to laugh at any BB or cruiser fire. Repeat and you are in for a very annoying experience. For a ship with a good turning circle and speed that can be heavily abused. I am really failing to see how these are not on the "abusing a game mechanic"  to have an advantage. I will send a replay to WG , although I won't keep my hopes up they will be doing anything in this regard.

I feel that players that sail their ship running away and abusing the map border should be punished with HP damage (just like hitting other ships) 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 2

[NEXT]
Players
5,691 posts
11,581 battles

Would like enlarged maps, ~2 or 4 km more to the border and also collision on the border like on islands

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
309 posts
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There is no abuse.

Fight for caps, not the map border.

You totally  missed the point but I guess your opinion matters too.  Also some game modes don't includ "capping".

@Pikkozoikum I have no problem with people that run in the map  border by mistake.However some abuse with intention and no matter what others may say it IT CAN BE ABUSED to a point of making the game for others a complete frustration. I just tested this and it's hilarious how easy it's to dodge shots even with the so called"penalties" for the ship engine , if you're in a cruiser or DD. that head-on slide still manages to get enough momentum and to no actually penalize players that abuse it. This is a complete joke in the current implementation.

This needs to be fixed.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
5 minutes ago, clocky said:

You totally  missed the point but I guess your opinion matters too.  Also some game modes don't includ "capping".

@Pikkozoikum I have no problem with people that run in the map  border by mistake.However some abuse with intention and no matter what others may say it IT CAN BE ABUSED to a point of making the game for others a complete frustration. I just tested this and it's hilarious how easy it's to dodge shots even with the so called"penalties" for the ship engine , if you're in a cruiser or DD. that head-on slide still manages to get enough momentum and to no actually penalize players that abuse it. This is a complete joke in the current implementation.

This needs to be fixed.

Every game mode includes capping, unless you complain about Bots border humping in operations...

Since the engine power reduction, I never had problems with ships at the border.

Either they are far away and I do not need to sink them or I do need to sink them, but the will definitely not get away anymore.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[NECRO]
Players
2,421 posts

Make it a flat earth map, where you can drop to death if you sail over the border. Or do that funny ring of fire thing from rogue wave. So many possibilities to make the map border unattractive (even for your own team's baseline campers). :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles
3 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Make it a flat earth map, where you can drop to death if you sail over the border. Or do that funny ring of fire thing from rogue wave. So many possibilities to make the map border unattractive (even for your own team's baseline campers). :Smile_trollface:

Well, it would be fun if let the picture talk!

7d07443dd4212b5e4a11f77f898c038d.jpg

:Smile_playing:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 34 Minuten, Pikkozoikum sagte:

Would like enlarged maps, ~2 or 4 km more to the border and also collision on the border like on islands

what? Give more space to borderhuggers??

• Funny 1

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles
Just now, Perekotypole said:

Larger maps generally nicer and you need actually find people, also I would not mind if certain maps would also  have coastal artillery on certain places!

[NEXT]
Players
5,691 posts
11,581 battles
30 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

The point is, there are ships, who can't go melee brawl, they need 15-18km distance. Thus with borders too close at the caps, those ships have always turn around and retreat, istead of going for a flanking position.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,629 posts
6,096 battles
2 hours ago, clocky said:

I literally had 28.000 HP left when I started in my Georgia to engage on a Neptune that spent his 2/3 of a game time abusing the map border  in such ways it was nearly impossible to kill him 2 vs 1.  You can just take the border head on and then slide along (A or D'ing) , the problem is that you still have enough maneuverability to laugh at any BB or cruiser fire. Repeat and you are in for a very annoying experience. For a ship with a good turning circle and speed that can be heavily abused. I am really failing to see how these are not on the "abusing a game mechanic"  to have an advantage. I will send a replay to WG , although I won't keep my hopes up they will be doing anything in this regard.

I feel that players that sail their ship running away and abusing the map border should be punished with HP damage (just like hitting other ships) 

Okay, how do you suggest they do this? And remember not everyone who runs into the map border does it on purpose.

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles
4 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Good idea but then I would want a mine sweeper to play all game :Smile_trollface:

with a wooden Hull 

image.png.1f632ee9c4cdadfa1f1eaee84087626f.png

Im fairly sure Sir that ship that you are laying your eyes on is too young I think better option would be HMS Shark

27183978162_6e24b53b61_b.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
3,536 posts
20,662 battles

Just halt all lateral movement and get ships stuck in one spot until they steer out of it. That way everyone will be able to hit the offender reliably and is mapborder hugging, deliberate or accidental, a proper downside. Right now it's used to mitigate damage because a lot of us can't reliably hit due to the weird movement.

• Cool 9

Players
1,738 posts
1 minute ago, Keijo_Kalmakoura said:

Im fairly sure Sir that ship that you are laying your eyes on is too young I think better option would be HMS Shark

27183978162_6e24b53b61_b.jpg

HMS Shark now there is a name, to conjure up a Lads dreams of Bulldog Drummond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Minesweepers_of_the_Royal_Navy

Side note:-

How the hell can this happen?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/pictures-show-sunken-state-prince-11236428

Players
1,738 posts
19 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Okay, how do you suggest they do this? And remember not everyone who runs into the map border does it on purpose.

Honestly put a ramming flag on and ram the SOB

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,629 posts
6,096 battles
1 minute ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Honestly put a ramming flag on and ram the SOB

That..honestly doesn't fix anything.

• Cool 2

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles

I accidentally hit border I could not get off it even with engines full back only thing that worked was push against border and turn, beats me how full reverse didint work?

Players
19 posts
10,064 battles

I am sure we have all accidentally run into the border, so its what to do about the players that abuse this. My suggestion is a countdown timer, say 30 secs, and then boom, ship magazine explodes.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2