Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Redcap375

The italian is sooooooo bad

95 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

So I've got round to grinding the line....

 

What a crock of a line so far and at the Trento.

 

Tier 4-5-6 are awful. The tier 5 was crap.


Did WG decide to put everything that is bad onto these ships?

 

1) For a cruiser with only 8 guns, the turret turn is truly soundly bad.  I mean a new level in my books 

2) Gets spotted from the Moon.

3) SAP so far is.....Crap.  Give me fire damage any day of the week.  Fire SAP at light cruisers? Yeah right, AP does ALOT more.

4) Turns like a brick

5) For a crusier with only 8 guns again.....WHAT A SLLLLOOOOWWWWWW reload.

6) Armour is paper

7) Those SAP rounds are sooooo floaty. 15 sec lead time at 13km? That is bad.

 

There is truly nothing good about this ship and looking at the whole line, until the tier 8 (maybe). 

 

Oh and smoke? Yeah, great until you fire from it and you get spotted from the moon.

 

Rant?  Maybe, but I just wanted to voice that so far this is, in all the years of players this game, the worst line yet for me.

 

It's painful.

 

WG you really need to look at these low-mid tier ships. Best piece of advice I can give is free XP till at least tier 7.  Really.

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

Maybe the Italians will look better by comparison, when British Heavies arrive next patch.

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
151 posts
3,310 battles

T5&6 are mediocre. 

T7 is fine with sansonetti. 

T8 became my  fav cruiser of the tier. 

T9 is same as T8 but extra punch 

T10 haven't tried yet

 

Overall i rate it as a good line since the meh ships are the lower tiers which you don't have to spend much time on. 

 

1) not that bad if you've played ijn cruisers

2) gets good in Tier 8 and 9

3) depends on angles, i can constantly get good volleys with amalfi and brindisi. Maybe stop shooting belts. 

4) no they don't. 

5) a bit faster reload wouldn't hurt. 

6) so is armor of most lower tier cruisers. Not worse than others and at tier 8 it gets decent. 

7) ¿? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles

I absolutely adore the italian cruisers. Im on Zara now and almost enough to buy Amalfi.

I dont know if were playing the same ships but they feel so fast and agile and turn on a dime.

Zaras turrets are completely okay rotationwise and the guns are simply magical. Fast shellspeed and very hard hitting AP.

I agree SAP is unreliable but on Zara I use around 70% AP anyway and SAP completely wrecks DDs. Honestly if these ships had HE they would be way OP.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,468 posts
18,502 battles

The Tier V (Raimondo) is not great. She doesn't play like a Light Cruiser. 

 

Trento is actually quite good, and no squishier than any other Tier VI. Play her in operations to see her shine, whacking DDs and light cruisers.

 

Zara - as well as being one of the best looking ships in the game - is also pretty strong. 

 

As others say, Sansonetti makes these ships sing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,764 posts

I don't like SAP. At T7 atm.

 

My feelings:

 

Good against broadside dds (had several dds bounce sap head on), works on extremely light armored cruisers, does crap against bbs (even the super structure). Torps are nice addition, but very situational. Rudder and steering are made od glass, so LS is a must. Abysmal reload, crap smoke (smoke firing detection is bad), bad detection and weak armor.

 

But maneuverability is nice... and yes.. looks pretty.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The Tier V (Raimondo) is not great. She doesn't play like a Light Cruiser. 

 

She's awful 

 

4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Trento is actually quite good, and no squishier than any other Tier VI. Play her in operations to see her shine, whacking DDs and light cruisers.

 

2 Secs....

 

Trento Italy 265 946 50.24 % 0.60 31 177 1 166 2.42 0.93
Nürnberg Germany 10 081 266 49.44 % 0.55 25 503 962 0.61 0.78
Pensacola U.S.A. 1 104 772 49.42 % 0.49 25 872 948 2.16 0.73

3rd from bottom.

 

And there was me thinking it was just me.

 

Leader, Aboa, Molo, Defo Buddy, Perth and Dallas are FAR better ships.

 

It's incredibly bad at dictating games. The only thing that is does well against is DD's.  IF you have some one spotting them and IF you are in close enough for your floaly ships to hit.

 

You go DD hunting and your spotted from the moon.  Not like i will ever try that in solo randoms. 

 

4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Zara - as well as being one of the best looking ships in the game - is also pretty strong. 

 

I hope so, I hope that ship is some glimmer of hope so far.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I don't like SAP. At T7 atm.

 

My feelings:

 

Good against broadside dds (had several dds bounce sap head on), works on extremely light armored cruisers, does crap against bbs (even the super structure). Torps are nice addition, but very situational. Rudder and steering are made od glass, so LS is a must. Abysmal reload, crap smoke (smoke firing detection is bad), bad dispersion and week armor.

 

Thank you.

 

Same.  I can see it just like this one i'm in now.

 

Crap.

 

Quote

 

But maneuverability is nice... and yes.. looks pretty.

Yeah, but that hardly balances this crap stick out does it? :Smile_veryhappy:  Looking pretty and being able to turn (other cruisers can do it better) doesn't come close to the other bad stuff it has.

 

Give me fire damage any day of the week, not this crap SAP stuff that when all the DD's are dead, it's very very "Meh".

 

Really, what is up with that reload??????????? With only 8 guns....

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

If I was being honest, I would tell someone straight the way to free XP this line up to where I am now, tier 7. It's been a mess of a line so far.

 

I knew how easy they are to kill when playing in other ships, but I didn't know they were this bad.

 

I hope the tier 8 is better. The Tier 10 is a great ship by-the-way and the only reason I wanna grind it.

 

but I feel like it's going to be the most painful grind ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,764 posts
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

 

Thank you.

 

Same.  I can see it just like this one i'm in now.

 

Crap.

 

Yeah, but that hardly balances this crap stick out does it? :Smile_veryhappy:  Looking pretty and being able to turn (other cruisers can do it better) doesn't come close to the other bad stuff it has.

 

Give me fire damage any day of the week, not this crap SAP stuff that when all the DD's are dead, it's very very "Meh".

 

Really, what is up with that reload??????????? With only 8 guns....

 

Edited my post.

Dispersion is actually good ... I meant detection :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

 

Edited my post.

Dispersion is actually good ... I meant detection :)

 

 

No complaints about dispersion, but ship like the Buddy do it even better, and it deals with all the other ships better.

 

Detection is god awful.  High detection ships can normally take a hit...These cant and still they give it dog toffee concealment.

 

Give them DD killing SAP but don't give them any tools to do that job.

 

With a DD Div mate? Sure, as long as you don't get spotted on the way to supporting him.  Far better ships to support DD's with then these cruisers. 

 

I would rather pick a tier 5 ships than this Trento. 

 

I'm holding out for the tier 8, at least that has a lot more guns to work with and looks interesting. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles

Imo Italian cruisers are strong and enjoy them. Especially t8 and above. Just be patient until all tiers are unlocked and get used to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
35 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

Imo Italian cruisers are strong and enjoy them. Especially t8 and above. Just be patient until all tiers are unlocked and get used to them. 

 

So tier 8's and above.

 

I hope so...Stats look solid though which is promising. 

 

I've seen what the Venezia can do so here is hoping. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
4 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

 

So tier 8's and above.

 

I hope so...Stats look solid though which is promising. 

Especially Venezia is a monster. Imo Italian lines need more patience than other lines as keep checking on enemy  broads to land some ap shells will be rewarding even in long ranges. Some people play this line crazy good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

Another game in the Tento.

 

God it is crap....So so so crap. 

 

Its more then pathetic against BB's. 3 losses in a row.

 

Free XP this crap thing...

 

Anyway, anyone else thinking of grinding the line? Free XP till the tier 8 apparently. 

 

They really do need to sort that reload out.  It's beyond bad with 8 guns in most of the line.

 

The worst grind to tier 7 yet in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles
31 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Another game in the Tento.

 

God it is crap....So so so crap. 

 

Its more then pathetic against BB's. 3 losses in a row.

 

Free XP this crap thing...

 

Anyway, anyone else thinking of grinding the line? Free XP till the tier 8 apparently. 

 

They really do need to sort that reload out.  It's beyond bad with 8 guns in most of the line.

 

The worst grind to tier 7 yet in this game.

 

If thats how you feel then youre 1. doing it wrong 2. not gonna like the rest of the line.

These ships are idioticly accurate, you need precision aiming to do well and aim at the right stuff. Also dont overuse SAP. AP on atleast Zara is very good and I use it about 70% of my shells. Its very good at punishing broadsides, even BBs you can do good damage on with AP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,599 battles

This whole line is piece of crap. Trento is crap Goriza is crap whole line should be scrapped.

Zara most armed ca is a f... cl armored ship.

WG is just bad at game design and the only reason people play this crap is because no alternative.

 

Ohh and another random rant ty wg for giving me 30 free xp flags in your shitty 1250 dublons container.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
1 hour ago, roco4 said:

1) not that bad if you've played ijn cruisers

2) gets good in Tier 8 and 9

3) depends on angles, i can constantly get good volleys with amalfi and brindisi. Maybe stop shooting belts. 

4) no they don't. 

5) a bit faster reload wouldn't hurt. 

6) so is armor of most lower tier cruisers. Not worse than others and at tier 8 it gets decent. 

7) ¿? 

Oh...

 

1) I have and they are ALOT better.  For one, they actually cause fire damage and it's HE hits like a truck at tier 5.  AP better too.

2) So you have to wait until tier 8 for them to be good? That doesn't sound good does it.  Where other lines have some strong ones going up the tiers to tier 8 (German, IJN, US, French)

3) Or you get more damage with AP? Makes SAP kinda redundant don't it?

4) I find they do, compared to say 3 other lines. 

5) A bit? That's a massive understatement. 

6) Again "at tier 8".  I'm talking about the GRIND to tier 8 (which apparently is good). And some cruiser have better protected cits (like the Buddy for one, with York Turtleback armour wise) this doesn't. 

7) You need a 14-15 sec lead time on SAP rounds from 12-13km away.  That is bad. They are floaty.  And good luck hitting anything with a spotter from max, unless they sail in one straight line for 20+ secs.lol

 

If this was a good line so far I would be praising it.  I can make nearly all lines in this game "work" but pound for pound, these ships up till tier 7 are simply bad. 

 

Remember, some players don't just free XP ships and want to know what they are like. If I wanted too I could get the tier 10 right now. :cap_popcorn:  But I like to grind ships unless they are REALLY bad (like the old pens and Izumo)

 

I will pass judgement on tier's 7 to 10 until I get them later.

 

But for now.....Skip them completely so far.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
13,167 battles

My biggest complain about italian cruisers is they re long reload time! why does venezia and brindisi get the same reload as an stalingrad or alaska? And this applies to the whole line, is not specific only to the higher tiers! A reload buff would help these cruisers or maybe increase SAP damage,penetration,improve velocity,reduce air drag?(a couple of these not all combined) or even give them a standard hydro? 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEBOI]
Players
296 posts
9,506 battles

I just wish they had a bit more range or slightly better concealment. Gorizia is a beast when top tier. But cries salty tears of anguish as bottom tier against ships like Donskoi, Georgia, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,227 posts
9,841 battles
6 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

2) So you have to wait until tier 8 for them to be good?

 

Montecuccoli seems ok-ish imo. Just wreck DDs, after that it gets a bit boring.

Gorizia on the other hand seems to be utter garbage. Played it in Narai, literally worst results ive ever had. The AP only overpens and the dispersion seems totaly different to SAP dispersion !? Shooting SAP = hits everything. Shooting AP = shells go everywhere, and if they hit = overpen as mentioned before.

I think the biggest problems are dreadnoughts with their armor scheme. You cant pen them reliably, while hightier BBs are much softer. You can easily pen them with SAP and get huge damage numbers.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Montecuccoli seems ok-ish imo. Just wreck DDs, after that it gets a bit boring.

Gorizia on the other hand seems to be utter garbage. Played it in Narai, literally worst results ive ever had. The AP only overpens and the dispersion seems totaly different to SAP dispersion !? Shooting SAP = hits everything. Shooting AP = shells go everywhere, and if they hit = overpen as mentioned before.

I actually Agree with all that mate.:Smile_great:

 

But when there is only 1 DD in the match it's painful.  And you have to rely on a DD to spot him first.

 

2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the biggest problems are dreadnoughts with their armor scheme. You cant pen them reliably, while hightier BBs are much softer. You can easily pen them with SAP and get huge damage numbers.

That might be the case and the numbers check out.  Hope it will be.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
7 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

My biggest complain about italian cruisers is they re long reload time! why does venezia and brindisi get the same reload as an stalingrad or alaska? And this applies to the whole line, is not specific only to the higher tiers! A reload buff would help these cruisers or maybe increase SAP damage,penetration,improve velocity,reduce air drag?(a couple of these not all combined) or even give them a standard hydro? 

 

Agree.

 

And so lucky on your CLAN BRAWL game mate :Smile_honoring:.  Down to CV vs CV (our Des didn't listen and got killed by your Monty appearing from the rocks).  Good to bump into you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Montecuccoli seems ok-ish imo. Just wreck DDs, after that it gets a bit boring.

Gorizia on the other hand seems to be utter garbage. Played it in Narai, literally worst results ive ever had. The AP only overpens and the dispersion seems totaly different to SAP dispersion !? Shooting SAP = hits everything. Shooting AP = shells go everywhere, and if they hit = overpen as mentioned before.

I think the biggest problems are dreadnoughts with their armor scheme. You cant pen them reliably, while hightier BBs are much softer. You can easily pen them with SAP and get huge damage numbers.

 

Because you force yourself to use SAP. AP will reliably do 4-8k per salvo on any BB. I only use SAP for light armored targets like DDs and light cruisers if I cant overmatch or nose pen them. Zara/Gorizia's AP is god tier at tier 7 and collects citadels like no other tier 7 cruiser Ive ever played.

Zara is by far my most favorited tier 7 cruiser and if it wasnt for the fact that it needs Sasonetti to work properly I would save it. I absolutely adore that ship. Immensly powerful to borderline OP if played correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×