Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lovemasin

So you need 140 hours to get the PR for free

26 comments in this topic

[NBS]
[NBS]
Players
56 posts
5,316 battles

As a normal player you need more then 140 hours to get the PR for free so ye i love my family too much to do this. So please tell me how was this a good idea?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
29,665 posts
15,312 battles

Not necessarily.

One player did it in 105h and another in around 85 to 90h.

But I do not know if they played solo or had divisionsmates for support.

• Funny 1

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles
5 minutes ago, lovemasin said:

As a normal player you need more then 140 hours to get the PR for free so ye i love my family too much to do this. So please tell me how was this a good idea?

It was dreamed up by someone with a neurological deficit and a total separation from reality. Or as I like to call them - a muppet.

1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Not necessarily.

Oh that's okay then! Nothing screams 'balanced' event like sinking 100 hours into it....

Are you deliberately contrarian just for its own sake?

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, lovemasin said:

Another complain thread by @lovemasin?

edit: Is it worth 100-140h of playing the game during a short stretch of time to get the PR for 'free'? No, not for me. Would I pay 100€ to get it? Not a chance. Can I live without PR? Yes, I can.

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
29,665 posts
15,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Are you deliberately contrarian just for its own sake?

Just stating the times other players needed.

[NBS]
[NBS]
Players
56 posts
5,316 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Not necessarily.

yes and that why i said a normal player yes you can do it in less but you have to be a to 30% player 

• Bad 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,180 posts
29,727 battles
16 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

So there will be players in the Hall of Fame, huh?

I kinda feel sorry for them TBH.

Well that is still not sure. HoF will be available after you finish D7, and as far as I understand all those who will get it for free did it by completing D1-D6. D7 should be active in 2 days. 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
27 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

So there will be players in the Hall of Fame, huh?

I kinda feel sorry for them TBH.

I kinda wanna do directive 7 just to make people upset.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
21 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Well that is still not sure. HoF will be available after you finish D7, and as far as I understand all those who will get it for free did it by completing D1-D6. D7 should be active in 2 days. 

Yeah, you're right. Well, 3 directives is all I could do, more than I planned actually. :dance_turtle:

13 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I kinda wanna do directive 7 just to make people upset.

Funny how some people think their actions can affect others, especially their feelings. I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you do the 7th directive or not.   :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
Just now, Palubarac said:

Funny how some people think their actions can affect others, especially their feelings. I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you do the 7th directive or not.   :fish_palm:

Are you sure about that?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,180 posts
29,727 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

Are you sure about that?

Pretty sure.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
Just now, aboomination said:

Are you sure about that?

Can't speak for others. I can assure you all the F I give for the whole event, especially if someone spent so much time over the holidays on grinding for some pixels. Again - I feel sorry for them but everyone can choose what and how to do it, none of my business.

Players
627 posts
3,743 battles

Jeez all those hours! I would rather invest those hours into my business(s) and just pay for it which I did. It cost me about £75 (ish) and a bit of playing some of the directives. The painful part for me was playing Coop in that crappy Italian thing..

Players
3,037 posts

I finished 3 directives got the abomination that is Gorizia, worse ship than PEF, equal grind. Actually come to think of it PEF is a fantastic ship as it still serves me, one of the sturdy workhorses of my operations fleet. Gorizia I tried in operations, immediately switched to Zara, which by the way after that experience seems to me like a pretty darn good ship. Gorizia made me love Yorck, rebuy Fiji (3rd time) and eye longingly at Martel. And I hate cruisers.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,180 posts
29,727 battles
4 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Pepega, my life is a lie

Oh no, what have I done!

• Cool 1

[LEWD]
Players
365 posts
23,282 battles

It was a cash grab all along as wg knew players would buy it for dubs to get it faster,bad time to do it as Xmas is about family and the missions where a joke.

[POP]
Beta Tester
226 posts
9,653 battles

I got mixed feelings about this. On one hand good for those who actually got PR for free, those crazy crazy fellas. Also streamers get some publicity which I'm ok with. But on the other hand I'm terribly afraid that Wargaming draws all the wrong conclusions from this. Like how the grind was completely justified since some people did finish it for free, and also how this is lots of publicity for Wargaming also (even bad publicity is still publicity), and someone at WG might, and probably will think that the event was thus a success.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
4 minutes ago, MixuS said:

[...]  and someone at WG might, and probably will think that the event was thus a success.

From what I could hear and grasp from the top of WG (like when Boyarski spoke) they do think that everything is great. They either live in denial or they have to pretend all the time, talking BS in public while knowing that they messed up, big time.

Players
4,626 posts
7,604 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not necessarily.

Depends what you mean by free, if you mean "premium account plus a mountain of special signals and cammos" then maybe.

• Cool 2

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles
35 minutes ago, MixuS said:

I got mixed feelings about this. On one hand good for those who actually got PR for free, those crazy crazy fellas. Also streamers get some publicity which I'm ok with. But on the other hand I'm terribly afraid that Wargaming draws all the wrong conclusions from this. Like how the grind was completely justified since some people did finish it for free, and also how this is lots of publicity for Wargaming also (even bad publicity is still publicity), and someone at WG might, and probably will think that the event was thus a success.

I think WG will actually lose money from the whole thing.

The dockyard itself - the UI, animations, etc. all took up time. The promotional stuff such as videos took up more time. The Puerto Rico itself took time to model, texture, balance, etc. All time you have to employ X amount of people. Now we can't put a figure on the cost it takes to make a ship model but I'm guessing it will be more than we expect. 

Now there will not be many who could get the PR for free - possibly 1 percent?  Some will just pay for it but many won't - its a lot of money to sink into a pixel ship even by WG standards. A lot of people (myself included) just gave up on the grind the moment the stupid requirements became clear and haven't bothered. 

That also sidesteps the issue of the bad blood the whole thing has caused - some who may have spent money on WOWS have gone elsewhere. I'm certainly not giving them a penny of my money due to their arrogant dismissal of fairly valid player concerns. I'm probably not the only one.

You then have the dubloon booster refunds (fair credit to WG for allowing that) once people realised that they were not certain to get a PR without grinding as well. You will doubtless get paypal chargebacks from others aiming to make a point (don't agree with that but people do it).

So for all the effort and manhours put into it - I don't think the event has been the runaway financial success they thought it would be. I suspect they would have made far more money and caused far less drama by selling it in the shop for a little more than a T9 premium and/or making it a coal ship, research special, etc. Do you see that many PRs in randoms? Not compared to other premiums. It isn't selling by the bucketload...

They shot themselves in this foot. Pure and simple.

• Cool 1

Players
4,626 posts
7,604 battles
8 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I think WG will actually lose money from the whole thing.

We can probably make an educated guess at how much WG made from it.

Maple Syrup says 105 unique players for w/e 21/12 and 28/12 so that's the minimum number of them on EU server.

WoWs-numbers says approximately 12,000 battles in total for the ship, of which only 10 players have more than the 80 required to get onto the leaderboard, strip them out and you have roughly 11,000 battles spread across maybe 200 - 500 players depending upon how many battles you guess that they play on average.

Lets assume 500 unique players and that on average they paid for the 3 x boosters so €80 each, that would give you perhaps €40,000 revenue for the EU server as a whole.

NA server seems to be at similar population levels, lets give WG another €40,000 for that.

Asia is a bit lower and Russia is tiny, I'm not sure what the prices are like on those servers but lets be generous and combine them and give another €120,000.

So combined across the 4 servers, maybe €120,000 as an upper limit of what they might've made from it.

What it has cost them is harder to guess, if anyone has an idea how much it costs to model an in-game vehicle I'd be interested to know, the shipyard animations won't have been cheap either (but are potentially re-useable) but in any event the real cost to WG is reputational and is measured from lost premium accounts and other in game transactions.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,725 posts
45,852 battles
36 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Depends what you mean by free, if you mean "premium account plus a mountain of special signals and cammos" then maybe.

Well I can accept premium while not free, this is probably something you have. There are compared with other events not that beneficial to have premium or flags as many events are Base XP, in fact several higher uo on stage 4 -5 etc are so scewed on this or a number of hits potential dmg etc so flags or premium does not matter.

Sign in to follow this