What WG should really do with the Dockyard

6 comments in this topic

[TRUMP]
Players
137 posts
19,975 battles

Dear WG,

here's my suggestion what you really should do with the dockyard:

When people are grinding up through the lines in the tech-tree the next ship in the line is being built in the dockyard, by earning xp. Not any ticking per minute, just when you win a game you can go to the dockyard and see some extra parts of the next ship being built.

Sincerely

DenmarkRadar.

!! See !! I can wear a positive hat !!

• Cool 3

[GWN]
Players
120 posts

I think dock yard is good idea. But people should be able to decide what to do. You should be able to choose like ship. Tier, class etc what to build. It gives series of missions you can do to built it.

Of course you could buy boosters to make it faster. But missions should be much easier. Ship it self would be free. Price of booster is decided by class and tier of the ship. 

But most importantly ships should be able to complete for free and doable missions. 

I would love to build Tier 6 Japanese premium cruiser or Destroyer. Just saying. Idea is brilliant in PR but execution of idea sucks. 

• Cool 1

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
27 posts

Dock Yard only have one issue...the enddate.

And yeah id love to see all ship being build this way...cos damn its so cool to actually watch the ship your grinding being build.

• Cool 1

Players
1,041 posts

Given that so many people will inevitably fail to get the PR before the end date, do we at least get an animation of them tearing down whatever work has been completed and scrapping the hull to free up the slip? That at least would be a nice touch of historical accuracy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
On 1/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, DenmarkRadar said:

Dear WG,

here's my suggestion what you really should do with the dockyard:

When people are grinding up through the lines in the tech-tree the next ship in the line is being built in the dockyard, by earning xp. Not any ticking per minute, just when you win a game you can go to the dockyard and see some extra parts of the next ship being built.

Sincerely

DenmarkRadar.

!! See !! I can wear a positive hat !!

Never going to work, there is a very large amount of work hours attached to doing this for just one ship, let alone all tech tree ships in the game. However, doing it for coal or steel ships might work - you make an initial investment to start a build, then you can speed it up by investing more. Or simply come up with a new category of reward ships - ship blueprints. You unlock one's blueprints in some fashion, which starts the build, then invest resources into speeding up.

Overall the dockyard itself has been universally liked (the visual aspect of it, not the economical one), so I'd be surprised if it didn't come back in some form of another. I just don't think it's realistic to do for tech tree ships, there's just too many of them.