Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VPH030

Indomitable in the shop

252 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[J4XP2]
Players
57 posts
13,787 battles

One year later, she is here. Will.be interesting to see how she is - I remember one of the earlier versions was "flying ZAO", but the she got nerfed a couple of times to the point where both the rockets and the bombs we kinda weak. Since she has no torps, maybe we have relatively weak ship? Let's see.

 

Happy hunting and happy 2020.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles

WTF? 

It just missed the year of the CV! :Smile_facepalm:

Add another unbalanced crap, to make the game more fun and engaging. 

It will be crap against the usual 5 BBs per team, but it will rape DDs and cruisers without heal, which is most tier 8 and below cruisers. 

So it will sealclub when top tier, and be crap in tier 9 and 10 games, where all the cruisers have heal. 

Good job, well done, WG! 

It really is not worth spending money anymore on this game. 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

WTF? 

It just missed the year of the CV! :Smile_facepalm:

Add another unbalanced crap, to make the game more fun and engaging. 

It will be crap against the usual 5 BBs per team, but it will rape DDs and cruisers without heal, which is most tier 8 and below cruisers. 

So it will sealclub when top tier, and be crap in tier 9 and 10 games, where all the cruisers have heal. 

Good job! 

Infact this will be BB hunter. And cruisers will have easiest time because small maneuver will make bombers miss alot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Infact this will be BB hunter. And cruisers will have easiest time because small maneuver will make bombers miss alot. 

With 32mm pen you wont hunt many BBs in those tiers, Kaga is much better for that

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

Infact this will be BB hunter. And cruisers will have easiest time because small maneuver will make bombers miss alot. 

All fire damage can be healed. 

Evasive maneuver? You probably dont play cruisers. It is more important for the 2-3 cruisers per team to not show broadside to the 5 BBs per team. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

With 32mm pen you wont hunt many BBs in those tiers, Kaga is much better for that

You have no other option :)

 

with long drop time and bombs dispersion this level divebombing will do very low dmg to cruisers and dds. 

 

this will be worst t8 cv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

With 32mm pen you wont hunt many BBs in those tiers, Kaga is much better for that

Someone who knows what he is talking. 

It will be a ship extremely dependent on the MM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

You have no other option :)

 

with long drop time and bombs dispersion this level divebombing will do very low dmg to cruisers and dds. 

 

this will be worst t8 cv

Or I just use Kaga? :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

All fire damage can be healed. 

Evasive maneuver? You probably dont play cruisers. It is more important for the 2-3 cruisers per team to not show broadside to the 5 BBs per team. 

I have around 6.000 games in cruisers. 

 

If you just move 15 degree you will made him miss 80% of drop. Bombers are not maneuverable as of big E that will follow your maneuver and citadel cruiser to oblivion. 

 

Only valid tactic with this ship is doting BBs with bombers. And try to dmg rest with rockets that have 15mm penetration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Or I just use Kaga? :cap_haloween:

Use Big E infact which piss over every t8 cv. 

 

But we talk about Queens T8 CV:)

 

I have all t8 Cvs and probably will buy this one even it is pretty sure it will be crap

 

But you can drink tea with milk while playing her :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles

This will be OP against tier 6 and 7, where armor is arround 25 mm  max and cruisers have no heal, and crap of the crap against tier 9 and 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
Just now, veslingr said:

Use Big E infact which piss over every t8 cv. 

 

But we talk about Queens T8 CV:)

 

I have all t8 Cvs and probably will buy this one even it is pretty sure it will be crap

I could BUT for comparisons sake I used Kaga as Big E has AP bombs, is completely OP and not available in shop anymore, us discussing the merits of E over DomDom would hardly be of much use to someone looking to buy a T8 prem CV as they cant buy the E, they could buy Kaga however that is IMHO a much better pick unless there is something in the stats I am missing or is incorrectly written (buffed) in the shop specs...

 

Dont get me wrong its a CV, played even half way competent it will :etc_swear: over most/all surface ships and given time will sink them but as I already have all other prem T8 cvs I just cant see the reason to get it, or for anyone to choose it over Kaga at this time...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

This will be OP against tier 6 and 7, where armor is arround 25 mm  max and cruisers have no heal, and crap of the crap against tier 9 and 10.

We will see. But I could bet it will be worst performing cv. The lack of torpedos is just to mutch. And bombers have only 2 squads (2×2) is another limiting factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles
13 minutes ago, veslingr said:

I have around 6.000 games in cruisers. 

 

Only valid tactic with this ship is doting BBs with bombers.

How long ago were those? Now is island humping or smoke spamming for cruisers. 

 

And Mother Russia Creme BBs will laugh at your puny penetration, while Kremlin will send you straight to gulag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

She does not get torpedo bombers at all?
Bomb squads seem extremely small and weak.
Even if the rockets are homing, this will be a bad, bad CV.

What am I missing gentlemen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

She does not get torpedo bombers at all?
Bomb squads seem extremely small and weak.
Even if the rockets are homing, this will be a bad, bad CV.

What am I missing gentlemen?

bUt iT HaS ArMoUrEd dEcK

 

mocking-spongebob.jpg

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

From the Wiki:

Lack of torpedo bombers

Slightly weaker payload than Implacable

High plane regeneration times

Only two sets of two planes per run on the carpet bombers, making two full strikes a rarity

32mm pen bombs struggle to deal consistent damage to well-armored battleships


Seems like even WG admits it's horrible.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
23 minutes ago, 22cm said:

How long ago were those? Now is island humping or smoke spamming for cruisers. 

 

And Mother Russia Creme BBs will laugh at your puny penetration, while Kremlin will send you straight to gulag. 

2 days ago :)

 

but you are right about tzar navy. They will be immune 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

From the Wiki:

Lack of torpedo bombers

Slightly weaker payload than Implacable

High plane regeneration times

Only two sets of two planes per run on the carpet bombers, making two full strikes a rarity

32mm pen bombs struggle to deal consistent damage to well-armored battleships


Seems like even WG admits it's horrible.

Even one of the "pro" is actually a weakness;

 

It has 4 fighter charges per plane type instead of 3. But since it only has 2 types of plane this means it has 8 total, instead of the 9 that other CV have.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,306 battles

Ofc I'm going to buy it ! :cap_money: :Smile_coin:

I have 19 pointer with no torpedo acceleration waiting for 10 months already for her. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

It does ok hunting DD down, for my UK CV captain that does not have sight stabilisation yet ( i put the 17 pointer on a BB last week lol ) the rockets seem a bit inaccurate and the reticule - in smallest form- too wide.....bombs more or less like other UK CV but don't seem to slow down a lot when attacking making them inaccurate too. Or maybe it is their smaller reticule at higher speeds that i have to get used to.

 

Planes seem pretty fast though. First feels is it is a weird mixed bag between GZ bombers and UK way of playing CV.

 

Pretty low damage so far despite high effort.....but extreme rewards even when losing due to the bonus. I wonder what it does when that is gone. I hope performance goes up as i do get sight stabilisation. 

 

I think all that are crying ""another OP CV" are over reacting....it's just another flavor of using CV. Or is is that the release makes clear WG isn't going to remove CV from the game that causes the whining ?

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Imagine playing GZ withot torpedos and with worse rockets.

It also calls for a specialised captain without TA.

What is the redeeming quality of this piece of work, PLEASE someone enlighten me.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I think all that are crying ""another OP CV" are over reacting....it's just another flavor of using CV. Or is is that the release makes clear WG isn't going to remove them from the game that causes the whining ?

 

 

Literally nobody in the world has ever said Indomitable is OP. Stop smoking what you are smoking. Or start smoking some stuff whichever brings you to your senses.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×