Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RigorMortis76

A clutter of stickies makes this forum unappealing to read

27 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
11,715 battles

Hello moderators, feel free to close this thread after reading it, its not meant to infringe on your position.

But can you guys and girls take a look at the NA forum please. In recent months they stopped with stickies, its so much easier not to scroll down halfway the page first to see posts. In other words, can you consider also removing the jungle of stickies on top of this page. Just totally remove it, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

Trust me, 6 stickes make no sense.

Thank you and a happy and healthy New Year.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles

Lets summarize this:

You dont like this forum because too much stickies.

You feel, that the NA forum is more informative and the quality of posts is higher.

Why do you stay here then? Obviously, its better over there, so what prevents you from reading that forum?

• Cool 8

[THESO]
Players
4,769 posts

Do not remove sticky threads.

They are there for a reason.

Ignore the snowflake... its his second thread today on the same subject.

• Cool 6

[SM0KE]
Players
6,601 posts
15,069 battles

+1 for stickies, despite most of them not being interest to me much of the time.

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
170 battles

If not for the stickies you would quickly notice it becoming even more unappealing to read.

I will let you take a guess why that would be.

Also scrolling past a few stickies is apparently to much to ask for these days.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
7,925 posts
40,441 battles
29 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Just scroll down to the first of the non-red posts......

The stickies are useful

:cap_popcorn:

Well some people today are THAT kind of lazy...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,452 posts
22,675 battles

30 containers and the only premuim i got was gorizia , yeah you dont have to worry about the forum much. :etc_swear:

[-AP-]
Players
2,850 posts
6,898 battles

we need stickies, stickies are good

Can a moderator please make my clan recruitment thread sticky? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,304 posts
7,023 battles

If you don't like this forum and prefer the NA forum, use the NA forum.

There are different teams behind the forums and therefore there are different decisions about the content in the forums.

The sticky threads are there for a reason, we won't remove them just because someone doesn't like them. Tbh, it takes maybe a few seconds to scroll down if you don't want to read them, is it really that difficult?

Most of those threads are about important topics but don't get new posts every day. If we would unpin them, they would quickly disappear from the first pages and noone will find them anymore.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles

Since this is you'r second post about this forum today, witch is awsome thanx to the fantastic comunity we have here, and since were on the topic of stickies, i recomend you stick to the NA forum then if you find it better. 

:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
7,925 posts
40,441 battles
15 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Since this is you'r second post about this forum today, witch is awsome thanx to the fantastic comunity we have here, and since were on the topic of stickies, i recomend you stick to the NA forum then if you find it better. 

:cap_tea:

He's seeking attention apparently.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
3 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

Hello moderators, feel free to close this thread after reading it, its not meant to infringe on your position.

But can you guys and girls take a look at the NA forum please. In recent months they stopped with stickies, its so much easier not to scroll down halfway the page first to see posts. In other words, can you consider also removing the jungle of stickies on top of this page. Just totally remove it, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

Hey man, you can stick around or go to the NA forum, your call,  but since Na forum stopped with stickies (according to you) I think you have better chances here.

So...

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,127 posts
14,358 battles

Most forums I've been on have stickies - they are there for a reason.    Usually, they contain information that is important or useful for the readers of the forum.   They can also be 'hot topics' so they won't be bumped off the first page by forumites that insist that they should be able to create a thread on the same subject.

There can be times when there are way too many stickies but that is just down to management of the forum  - unsticking subjects that are no longer relevant.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
7,925 posts
40,441 battles
8 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

You need to work on your summoning. Perhaps a refresher course? :Smile_hiding:

Well it worked most of the times. Maybe Excavatus is still affected by %% after New Year celebration :cap_horn:

• Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
6 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

After this thread and the closed other one ...

... could please not clutter up the EU forums, and the Gameplay ones particularly, with more threads like these. They are unappealing to read and serve no purpose whatsever in the context of the forums you posted them into.

If you like the US forums so much more that you have not created one but two threads telling us how great it is over there, then why not make switch and use those? By your own admission they fit your needs better and are more to your liking while dealing with the exact same game. And while you move, could you please remove this thread as it serves no purpose whatsoever?

Trust me: It makes no sense to create any more threads like this.

[I-J-N]
Players
6,129 posts
20 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well it worked most of the times. Maybe Excavatus is still affected by %% after New Year celebration :cap_horn:

I have no idea what you mean by that. :cap_cool:

[THESO]
Players
7,925 posts
40,441 battles
20 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I have no idea what you mean by that. :cap_cool:

Idk how you celebrate New Year in your country but in my one ... We drink a lot of %%

[I-J-N]
Players
6,129 posts
17 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Idk how you celebrate New Year in your country but in my one ... We drink a lot of %%

Well.. it's about the same here, though they also often observe a few other rituals as well... like passing out.