Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Edelbaer

Selling of ships like Alaska

15 comments in this topic

[EBEAR]
Players
5 posts
15,661 battles

Hi everybody,

I just noticed something that kind of annoyed me quite a bit. So far researched and premium ships could be sold for an outrageous discount, but at least one could recover some value if the ship turns out to be useless for you. That was different for ships you got for for free XP which have a value of 0 credits. So far fair enough because you used no real or in-game currency to get it. But the new ships like Alaska for example can be bought for real in a shop, but also can only be sold for 0 credits. So while you actually spent real money on the ship you cannot even get in-game currency back if you do not like the ship. Not even for that hefty 50% discount you face normally.

This kind of practice falls in line with other hidden price increases through devaluation like the pleasure of buying a tier VIII carrier which mostly faces tier X AA by the match making process. I do acknowledge the need to generate revenue for any profitable business, but I would really appreciate if the information about certain drawbacks of a purchase would be transparent, or if an exchange program would exist. It would already be good enough to be able to rent a ship for a bit, to get an idea if the play style matches.

I will not elaborate on the the Tier VIII match making as this problem seems to ancient and still running strong.

• Boring 4

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,480 battles

WG should implement a test before registering a new account to filter out the braindead. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 15

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles

I think its possible to get the FreeXP back - but only if you played 1 battle with the ship (regardless of gamemode). Atleast thats what they do with ships you purchase with money, they might do it with freeXP ships too.

[THESO]
Players
1,462 posts
17,820 battles
On 1/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, Edelbaer said:

So while you actually spent real money on the ship you cannot even get in-game currency back if you do not like the ship. Not even for that hefty 50% discount you face normally

If Wargaming introduced something like a market place for trade among players, that would fix some problems, above all arbirary prices for things that are valued very differently by players. It would unfortunately create new problems like bot programs farming stuff to sell it over that market place. WoWs already experienced that potential, when they introduced the paypal rewards for recruiting. Suddenly T5 was swarmed by bot Königsbergs, levelling up recruited fake accounts.

As it currently is, actual selling of stuff is not a big thing.

Personal advice: NEVER ... EVER ... sell a ship. It doesn't matter how crappy you think it is. The credits for a ship sold you can get in 10 - 20 games in a T9 money maker. It's not worth selling them. You can get snowflakes if you keep them in port, you will not accidentally get them back in a supercontainer, instead of a ship you would have liked to have and well, you never know. A couple of months down the road a ship may suddenly play nicely, cause your play style or the meta changed.

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
29,749 posts
15,320 battles
39 minutes ago, Edelbaer said:

Hi everybody,

I just noticed something that kind of annoyed me quite a bit. So far researched and premium ships could be sold for an outrageous discount, but at least one could recover some value if the ship turns out to be useless for you. That was different for ships you got for for free XP which have a value of 0 credits. So far fair enough because you used no real or in-game currency to get it. But the new ships like Alaska for example can be bought for real in a shop, but also can only be sold for 0 credits. So while you actually spent real money on the ship you cannot even get in-game currency back if you do not like the ship. Not even for that hefty 50% discount you face normally.

This kind of practice falls in line with other hidden price increases through devaluation like the pleasure of buying a tier VIII carrier which mostly faces tier X AA by the match making process. I do acknowledge the need to generate revenue for any profitable business, but I would really appreciate if the information about certain drawbacks of a purchase would be transparent, or if an exchange program would exist. It would already be good enough to be able to rent a ship for a bit, to get an idea if the play style matches.

I will not elaborate on the the Tier VIII match making as this problem seems to ancient and still running strong.

Alaska is still a Free XP ship...

[EBEAR]
Players
5 posts
15,661 battles

A market place would be a wonderful thing. I am not sure I would subscribe to the concept of never selling a ship although the credit argument is obviously true.  After a certain time in WoWs you accumulate a lot of ships this way and the time on each goes down and down. If I now add that I prefer the to play the fun ships, then the quota for the pain ships goes even more down.

So I guess the marketplace would be a true hit.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

If Wargaming introduced something like a market place for trade among players, that would fix some problems, above all arbirary prices for things that are valued very differently by players. It would unfortunately create new problems like bot programs farming stuff to sell it over that market place. WoWs already experienced that potential, when they introduced the paypal rewards for recruiting. Suddenly T5 was swarmed by bot Königsbergs, levelling up recruited fake accounts.

As it currently is, actual selling of staff is not a big thing.

Personal advice: NEVER ... EVER ... sell a ship. It doesn't matter how crappy you think it is. The credits for a ship sold you can get in 10 - 20 games in a T9 money maker. It's not wortk selling them. You can get snowflakes if you keep them in port, you will not accidentally get them back in a supercontainer, instead of a ship you would have liked to have and well, you never know. A couple of months down the road a ship may suddenly play nicely, cause your play style or the meta changed.

I sold 2 premiums already.

Emden

Samson.

And good bye to those two.

Almost 2 million credits

I don't regret and if it was today I would sell them again.

At least they left behind the space, which came very handy:cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
3 hours ago, Edelbaer said:

because you used no real or in-game currency to get it

fxp is an ingame currency

if the ship turns out to be useless for you

looking at your stats, that seems to include all ships in the game

Btw, I agree that WG SHOULD let us test-drive premium ships in the training room.

• Funny 1

[EBEAR]
Players
5 posts
15,661 battles
7 minutes ago, aboomination said:

fxp is an ingame currency

Alaska was sold in the Premium Shop, for about 65€ without any discounts applied, same as other Tier 9, besides you are missing the point. I am not even sure I want to sell it, but I was annoyed to find out that you practically cannot sell it. I got it as a birthday gift this year and that person did spend real money. So why do you feel a need to comment on a post if you do not know how the ship was offered in the shop ?

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
3 minutes ago, Edelbaer said:

So why do you feel a need to comment on a post if you do not know how the ship was offered in the shop ?

But I knew all of that.

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
4 hours ago, kfa said:

WG should implement a test before registering a new account to filter out the braindead. 

It's not really in their interest to reduce the playerbase by 60%.

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
2,431 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, Butterdoll sagte:

Emden

Samson.

Almost 2 million credits

Gorizia is worth 8.5 million credits. I will sell her after I have used her to get Furious, Izmail, Guepard and Trento, which I will also sell for credits. So that free premium crap vessel will yield some 15-20 million credits, which I can spent on equipping my fine IJN ships. :Smile_coin:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,447 posts
14,188 battles
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Emden

Samson.

Almost 2 million credits

You will when you get one of them in a super container.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

You will when you get one of them in a super container.

I will what? regret?

Nah,

Sign in to follow this