Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Capra76

2020 foresight

30 comments in this topic

Players
4,626 posts
7,604 battles

Since for one time only we actually have 2020 (20/20) foresight I thought I'd ask what everybody's expectations are for the game for the next year, bonus points if dates are supplied.

My first guess: April 1st Puerto Rico goes on sale in the premium shop for $$$$.

Best wishes for the new year to all.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Unlubed penetration and general discomfort.  

Despite earlier “promises” subs will be released in the PvP-environment with little (if any!) testing.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,750 posts
10,878 battles

The Great Success Episode II: From the Depths of Darkness ?

:Smile_trollface:

Well, whatever the new year will bring, we'll have some rich discussions :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

Serious:

0.9.0 16/01/2020 British Heavy Cruisers arrive. Unavailable on the PTS they will be underwhelming on release, more gnashing of teeth over random loot boxes, and disdain for the missed opportunity to have famous and historical ships.

Speculative:

0.9.2 12/03/2020 European Destroyers arrive.

Semi-serious:

0.9.5 07/05/2020 Italian Battleships! Just a teaser, a new Premium BB is released instead.

0.9.6 04/06/2020 Russian Aircraft Carriers arrive, and they are unexpectedly powerful. The T6 is immediately used in Ranked Sprint and averages a 57% WR. Sub_Octavian rage quits Reddit (again) when accused of bias.

0.9.7 02/07/2020 German and American submarines arrive early, instead of having the whole summer for testing in a special battle mode they are rushed to Live prematurely. They are wickedly OP, but the uproar on social media makes people forget about Russian CVs.

0.9.8 30/07/2020 Submarines are tweaked for the first time on Live. Destroyer population disappears as all DD players are now playing Subs. There is no counter.

0.9.9 27/08/2020 Submarines are tweaked again on Live. Now Light Cruisers can use depth charges too! Instead CLs are even more persecuted than before and the population also dwindles. Still no counter to Subs.

0.9.10 24/09/2020. Submarines are tweaked again on Live. This time the nerf bat comes out so that Submarines are slower and have longer reloads. Sub population shrinks as players drift into other classes.

0.9.11 22/10/2020. Soviet submarines arrive with an Event! Somehow they missed the nerf bat. Sub population explodes once more as 90% of all subs are Soviet.

0.9.12 17/12/2020 XMAS Event time. I don't want to even think about how bad next year's will be.

On the whole I am not very optimistic.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 14

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

boot_das_quer.jpg

non-germans should translate the text below the titel - it might fit 100% ^^

A trip to the end of sanity ?

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,468 posts
18,502 battles
22 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

0.9.0 16/01/2020 British Heavy Cruisers arrive. Unavailable on the PTS they will be underwhelming on release, more gnashing of teeth over random loot boxes, and disdain for the missed opportunity to have famous and historical ships.

God, are they really out that soon? I haven't even finished with the Italians.

37 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

0.9.11 22/10/2020. Soviet submarines arrive with an Event! Somehow they missed the nerf bat. Sub population explodes once more as 90% of all subs are Soviet.

He he. Will all games in October 2020 be CV vs Sub? I suspect so...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles

In before French CVs with planes that go 400 knots and Italian BBs with SAP that either auto citpens cruisers, or completely fails to penetrate 100mm cruiser belt.

Either way, they're getting 42s reload lmao 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Endless anti-CV whines - only interupted a short time by anti-Smolensk whining - will transform into anti-Submarines whining....EZ to see that coming.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
292 posts
12,052 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Unlubed penetration and general discomfort.  

Despite earlier “promises” subs will be released in the PvP-environment with little (if any!) testing.

Yes seems fair one sub on one team while the other has non

[ALONE]
Modder
2,290 posts
14,037 battles

As announced in WG-streams:

- Indian ships (cruisers or DDs)

- russian CVs

My guess:

- Indomitable in test - at least the hole year :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

The ultimate grind starting first patch in the new year ending last patch to get a questionable T-IX premium

Players
2,129 posts
20,074 battles

Well considering the number of people who bought boosters for the PR as well as bought it outright we will see more  of the same kind of "free content", as well as lots more short term grinds with new currencies and loot boxes 

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

Well my expectations have been drastically lowered by the scummy way WG handled the paytorico event the downright nasty predatory way they treat their customers is a huge red flag to me that will reflect how i view WG for years to come.

One thing it accomplished is that i will never bother with any future WG titles so well done to the marketing department.

Another thing is that i wont be as quick with buying new premium ships as i was in the past so another accomplishment for the marketing department.

• Cool 5

Players
463 posts

I hear WG have already ordered a bigger dumpster for 2020, seems they approve of global warming, while staff have had bigger rose coloured glasses and ear plugs ordered, to ensure everything is working as intended.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I predict players either quiting in droves come the implementation of subs, or everybody going over to play subs, in which case given current mechanic nobody has anybody to shoot at, so same result, game sinks.

• Cool 1

Players
187 posts

We just need to start playing with our wallets closed until beter time's . WG game lost all the sense of the realy world with there price's and tricks to generate money. As at the moment people stuck with there PR ship. can't be done with out spending and spending and then its not sure if it can be done so make you spend again and again.

WG is on the edge of whats legal in most countries. And it will back fire.

But at the moment we can just wait 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
291 posts
On 12/31/2019 at 7:31 PM, Capra76 said:

Since for one time only we actually have 2020 (20/20) foresight I thought I'd ask what everybody's expectations are for the game for the next year, bonus points if dates are supplied.

My first guess: April 1st Puerto Rico goes on sale in the premium shop for $$$$.

Best wishes for the new year to all.

I seriously doubt that WG would sell the PR for cash so fast after the dumpsterfire they created with the event. And if they are stupid enough to do that, they will have another dumpster fire to contend with, as those who spent time/money to get PR would feel it's unfair, since they paid/grinded for her and now any one can get her...

Yeah, that would end well...

Players
4,626 posts
7,604 battles
40 minutes ago, Otowi said:

I seriously doubt that WG would sell the PR for cash so fast after the dumpsterfire they created with the event. And if they are stupid enough to do that, they will have another dumpster fire to contend with, as those who spent time/money to get PR would feel it's unfair, since they paid/grinded for her and now any one can get her...

Yeah, that would end well...

Hence April 1st

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I haven't been too long here to have some long-term opinion (based on the past) but seems like WG is slowly shifting WOWs from F2P to P2W.

The 2019 has been the year of lootboxes and insane gambling, promoting it in every freakin YT videos, all over News articles, in e-mails etc. And then you see it's PEGI 7. Irony, right?

I hope players will realize that they are the ones choosing the direction in which the game is going. If players stop giving money to WG they will investigate what caused the decline in profits and will do something about it. 

However, if players are still overpaying for stuff like PR for 200 euros then they will continue to make disasters like that one without caring too much that other players hate it.

• Cool 3

[NHSOS]
Players
126 posts
3,546 battles

they will made a button to easily delete your account

they will buy new server to handle up to 60000 players and new graphics

they will finished CV reworking and all the players r satisfied

they will focus to improve gameplay and not in more prem ships

they will made more variant (weather, night) gameplay and not new armrace mods

they will focus in reality and they will stop produce paper ships

they will introduce mines in the game

when the Subs goes live all the players will be pleased of the work

they will insert a new category Battlecruisers

they will reduce the various currencies to 7 (gold, credits, XP, oil, coal, research points, build points)

they will inform players in advance for a new offer

they will... 

well, enough fun for a post.

happy 2020

• Funny 1

Players
114 posts
170 battles

My foresight is more forum specific.

It'll be the same players creating similar topics complaining about the game threatening to quit while never quitting.

This is probably the most consistent thing that repeats every year.

• Cool 1

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles

They will, grew subs, then grew cv's then, maybe grew tier 10 prems.

Also i suspect the above poster might be smoll and peace.

happeh new year.

'w'/